Why do I annoy myself so much?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juni

Reaction score
I want to stop hating myself but everything I say makes me cringe. I just can't seem to like myself. It's like I'm annoyed at my own personality. I feel like everyone else is annoyed with me since I'm annoyed with me.
sorry if this is supposed to go in depression-

I sure can relate to that. Sometimes i think so little of my self that i avoid saying anything in social situations, thinking that my own view or opinion is so worthless that there is no point in saying it. Then there is there is assuming what other people think of me, when its actually me just hating on myself. Sometimes it gets so bad that i end up over-analyzing the smallest body movement or facial expression. Which ends up in me burning out my circuits and ending up being super awkward.

I get tired of my honeysuckle so much that i just wanna  :club:

Do you go through similar phases?

Have a nice day.

Phantimos said:
I sure can relate to that. Sometimes i think so little of my self that i avoid saying anything in social situations, thinking that my own view or opinion is so worthless that there is no point in saying it. Then there is there is assuming what other people think of me, when its actually me just hating on myself. Sometimes it gets so bad that i end up over-analyzing the smallest body movement or facial expression. Which ends up in me burning out my circuits and ending up being super awkward.

Have a nice day.

I feel the same way a lot. It's like mega social anxiety, I think. I just wish I could stop having such a low opinion of myself.

Hope you have a nice day too.

Juni said:
Phantimos said:

Have a nice day.

I feel the same way a lot. It's like mega social anxiety, I think. I just wish I could stop having such a low opinion of myself.

Hope you have a nice day too.

i am like this too. and i've seen others say/do similar things as me but they don't care, they're on to the next thought. i wonder why we put ourselves under a microscope and get annoyed and others just go with the flow

Anyone with low self-esteem, (myself included) is more sensitive to put downs and insults. its like "hey man, isn't enough I gotta deal with this internal bully, and you gotta put the boot in as well!"

Juni said:
I want to stop hating myself but everything I say makes me cringe. I just can't seem to like myself. It's like I'm annoyed at my own personality. I feel like everyone else is annoyed with me since I'm annoyed with me.

I used to be that way too when I was a teenager. I used to be so hard on myself that I was never satisfied with the artwork, or stories that I produced. Nothing I did was ever good enough, and others picked up on how I felt.

Have you tried practicing self-validation? It helps a lot with overcoming self-esteem problems. I even wrote an article on it on my blog. Hope it helps.

https://authenticyou93.blogspot.com/2019/02/self-abandonment-and-self-validation.html

i totally agree with you all. i just wish i could change myself. i feel stuck in a loop. 

humourless said:
Anyone with low self-esteem, (myself included) is more sensitive to put downs and insults. its like "hey man, isn't enough I gotta deal with this internal bully, and you gotta put the boot in as well!"

Too true!

Juni said:

I’m EXACTLY the same way! It’s like you know exactly what the problem is, and how you want to be, but it’s like you cannot control it. I hate the way I look and sound too, but there’s nothing I can seemingly do about it. Not sure what to tell you. It’s irritating.

Juni said:
I just wish I could stop having such a low opinion of myself.

Well, the key to that in my opinion is building confidence by having something about yourself you are proud of. Like a developed skill or hobby. Something you know you can do and do well. I find that building proficiency in a craft is directly proportional to the level of self confidence an individual has.

In my case, Fitness and muscle building is one thing that builds confidence. Its like sculpting my own personal trophy that i can appreciate any time i want. Just gotta take a look in the mirror. A walking monument to my hard work.

On that note, what are your hobbies?

Latest posts

Back