Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey, just a terrified newbie here :,)
Though I made this account for the sole reason of being able to talk openly about my issues with others, I can't quite find the courage to do so. I am new to these forums, but I am also completely new to the idea of opening up to people. I am terrified to even post this, but I don't want to succumb to my anxiety any longer. So, I guess I'll take it slow and start by saying hey!
I can see where you're coming from as i suffer from anxiety too (Generalized Anxiety to be specific). To be honest i am sorta glad and sad that i can relate as i am sure you know, Anxiety just....sucks  Big Grin 

Anyway, you've definitely taken the right step by posting. It can be a challenge but baby steps is the healthiest approach. Personally, i am an advocate of the "Get thrown in the deep end" approach. Even though that can be pretty terrifying.

There are a lot of friendly people here, hope you find your fit. 

So how long have you been living with anxiety?
When you look at someone through rose colored glasses, all the red flags just look like flags
Hey there friend! No need to be scared, we’re all pretty cool people. Welcome and hope you have a great time!
Ooh and what anime is your profile pic from?
We could be heroes, me and you...
(05-17-2019, 05:07 PM)toasty_one Wrote: Hey there friend! No need to be scared, we’re all pretty cool people. Welcome and hope you have a great time!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, it really helps! My profile pic comes from Kizumonogatari Smile
(05-17-2019, 05:55 PM)pim Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 05:07 PM)toasty_one Wrote: Hey there friend! No need to be scared, we’re all pretty cool people. Welcome and hope you have a great time!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, it really helps! My profile pic comes from Kizumonogatari Smile

I’ll have to check it out! I’m in between series right now so it’s be good to find a new one!
Feel free to message if you have any questions or feel like talking!
We could be heroes, me and you...
(05-17-2019, 04:53 PM)Phantimos Wrote: I can see where you're coming from as i suffer from anxiety too (Generalized Anxiety to be specific). To be honest i am sorta glad and sad that i can relate as i am sure you know, Anxiety just....sucks  Big Grin 

Anyway, you've definitely taken the right step by posting. It can be a challenge but baby steps is the healthiest approach. Personally, i am an advocate of the "Get thrown in the deep end" approach. Even though that can be pretty terrifying.

First off, thanks a bunch for your kind reply! I have generalized anxiety as well so I wholeheartedly agree with you - it sucks. As for your question, I'm not exactly sure. Initially, I would say my whole life, since I have always struggled immensely with social interactions. I can't recall ever living without anxiety, but it wasn't until high school that I was officially diagnosed so I'd feel somewhat disingenuous if I stuck with my first answer. As of late, my social skills have been regressing significantly, which is what motivated me to try posting here. I know I won't immediately improve, but I hope to find some comfort in talking to others who have struggled with similar issues.
(05-17-2019, 06:42 PM)pim Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 04:53 PM)Phantimos Wrote: I can see where you're coming from as i suffer from anxiety too (Generalized Anxiety to be specific). To be honest i am sorta glad and sad that i can relate as i am sure you know, Anxiety just....sucks  Big Grin 

First off, thanks a bunch for your kind reply! I have generalized anxiety as well so I wholeheartedly agree with you - it sucks. As for your question, I'm not exactly sure. Initially, I would say my whole life, since I have always struggled immensely with social interactions. I can't recall ever living without anxiety, but it wasn't until high school that I was officially diagnosed so I'd feel somewhat disingenuous if I stuck with my first answer. As of late, my social skills have been regressing significantly, which is what motivated me to try posting here. I know I won't immediately improve, but I hope to find some comfort in talking to others who have struggled with similar issues.

Well i was diagnosed not 6 months ago. Although i did spend a large part of my life with the disorder, i only started seeking help recently. I am on meds now (a med actually, singular). I am glad to say that knowing about it and seeking professional aid did help slightly. 

Why do you think you are regressing lately? Is it just taking a toll on you and making it more difficult to leave the house and socialize? (I am guessing based on personal experience) 

PS: You don't have to talk about this if it makes you uncomfortable.
When you look at someone through rose colored glasses, all the red flags just look like flags
(05-17-2019, 06:57 PM)Phantimos Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 06:42 PM)pim Wrote:

Well i was diagnosed not 6 months ago. Although i did spend a large part of my life with the disorder, i only started seeking help recently. I am on meds now (a med actually, singular). I am glad to say that knowing about it and seeking professional aid did help slightly. 

Why do you think you are regressing lately? Is it just taking a toll on you and making it more difficult to leave the house and socialize? (I am guessing based on personal experience) 

PS: You don't have to talk about this if it makes you uncomfortable.

To put it simply, I have been regressing ever since I dropped out of public school and started taking online classes instead. Though my anxiety was generally worse on a daily basis when I attended public school, it forced me to go outside every day and face my problems head-on. So now that I rarely ever leave the house and avoid most social situations, I've found myself in a state of regression. I know it should've been obvious to me that this would happen, but to be fair, I had zero friends at my public school (despite attending the same school my whole life, haha) and couldn’t bear to go through another year. I'd be lying if I said that my current reclusive lifestyle isn't comfortable, since it caters perfectly to my antisocial personality, but I am painfully aware that by avoiding my issues, they will only fester.  
Avoidance and postponing, classic anxiety traits. One important thing is to remember not to blame yourself. Take responsibility for your actions but do not let yourself go into this cycle of self blame, it is never constructive.(I might as well be talking to myself at this point 😂) 
You have already taken a step in the right direction. Just try to build on that, slowly but surely.

How old are you anyway? I am assuming you are quite young.
(05-18-2019, 02:47 AM)Phantimos Wrote: Avoidance and postponing, classic anxiety traits. One important thing is to remember not to blame yourself. Take responsibility for your actions but do not let yourself go into this cycle of self blame, it is never constructive.(I might as well be talking to myself at this point 😂) 
You have already taken a step in the right direction. Just try to build on that, slowly but surely.

How old are you anyway? I am assuming you are quite young.

Exactly, I know that avoidance is the one of the worst methods of coping with my issues and yet I still continue to do it. That's what anxiety does to you, I guess. I'm sorry to hear that you go through the same bs, but I am also relieved that I'm not the only one who has to deal with it. Yes, I am young haha. I'm 17, turning 18 later this year. College is around the corner, which is why I so desperately want to improve. I just don't know how Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Early Weekend Newbie Man-Kind59 6 379 04-08-2019, 07:21 AM
Last Post: ahsatan
  Another newbie Girliegirl 2 238 04-06-2019, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Enpatsu No Shakugan
  Another Newbie *waving* MsWordSalad 8 403 03-29-2019, 11:03 AM
Last Post: ahsatan
  Hello guys newbie's here Helloworld 9 728 01-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Last Post: hewhowalksalone
  Newbie here Puddled Duck 5 494 12-26-2018, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Puddled Duck