My 50th birthday is coming up...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Manta

Reaction score
...and I wanted to do something that I've never quite done before. I had some ideas but my wife shoots down anything I want to do. I call her my happiness blocker. We never seem to have money for things I want. I was thinking of finding a place where there's little light pollution so I could stargaze all night. I think I could go up to Michigan or down to West Virginia. Either way it's close driving wise. I just don't want to be disappointed again.

Black Manta said:
...and I wanted to do something that I've never quite done before. I had some ideas but my wife shoots down anything I want to do. I call her my happiness blocker. We never seem to have money for things I want. I was thinking of finding a place where there's little light pollution so I could stargaze all night. I think I could go up to Michigan or down to West Virginia. Either way it's close driving wise. I just don't want to be disappointed again.

That sounds nice and super romantic. Go for it! 
I would take with me some strawberries and cider too. Then it’s a perfect night.
Used to be very interested in the different constellations and they’re names especially.
Usually there is a link to mythology and I love that so. ❤️

Hi
It's your birthday you should spend it however you want. 50's a big one don't let your wife dampen your spirits your plan doesn't sound costly and besides it's a special occasion money shouldn't be an issue. Just be sure that your wife hasn't planned a party or anything before you disappear stargazing.

The 50th is a big one, make it right for you somehow, arrange the birthday event so it's a win/win for both of you....or at least not another blocked happiness scenario. Would it be worth the cost to your relationship if you had the birthday observation you're wishing for but she wasn't in on it?

I will be 40 next year. I plan on going sky diving for the first time on that day. My husband isn't thrilled about it, but isn't trying to stop me I mean, how could he anyway.

constant stranger said:
The 50th is a big one, make it right for you somehow, arrange the birthday event so it's a win/win for both of you....or at least not another blocked happiness scenario.  Would it be worth the cost to your relationship if you had the birthday observation you're wishing for but she wasn't in on it?

At this point I could walk away. I still have one kid in high-school, but I don't think she'd miss me that much. she's much closer to my wife. Even if I took off on my own on my birthday it's not like she'd leave me or anything.

Latest posts

Back