Yummy yummy yummy, i got love in my tummy.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Phantimos

...and it means i am loving you. :)

Hi there!

I have been on this site for quite a while now and i haven't really made that many connections yet. Would anyone like to chat?. I am open to all kinds of chatting really, voice or text. 

We can chat about hobbies, current events, life stories, video games and movies (Although i am not much of a movie guy), or whatever we feel like. 

WhatsApp is preferred but hey, i ain't picky.

Hi Phantimos

I like your thread title so I'll chat to you on this thread if you want?

What hobbies do you have?

I was gonna title it "Making Connections" but i went with my "gut" instead.(get it?  :p )

I don't have that many hobbies but lets see. I like to play video games, i am currently playing a game called "Ace Attorney" where you solve crimes as a defense lawyer. I also sometimes read books, crime mysteries mostly. 

MOST OF ALL, i love to workout. Lifting weights, working on different muscles, getting fitter, faster, stronger is all gravy to me. I used to fight in the past, mostly boxing and wrestling....ahh good times  :D .

Your turn now, what activities tickle your fancy?

I get it 😅

I play console games to, I like time management games mostly like diner dash but at the moment story of the seasons trio of towns. I'm quite outdated in my tastes I like civilisation, Tetris, super mario, street fighter. Your game sounds interesting. What platform is it on?

I read to but not a specific genre just what ever absorbs me within the first few paragraphs. I don't read much, mostly I write psychological thrillers and children's fiction. I used to write poetry in my youth.

I knit all sorts from blankets to toys to gift bags I've recently been learning intersia ( you knit a multi coloured pattern into your work like cartoons on jumpers).

I'm also learning paper mache sculpting.

I also like music I listen to a lot of different genres. Films are also something I enjoy particularly action films.

I'm not into fitness myself, I've got fibromyalgia so the activity level would cripple me.
Why did you stop boxing/wrestling? An interesting but painful hobby choice unless of course you "float like a butterfly 🐝" 😉 sounds like you miss it.

Do you have any pets? I love dogs but don't currently have one. I don't like cats/ rodents or snakes.

That game is on the Nintendo DS. i lost mine a while ago so i am emulating at the moment. There's a whole series of these games out with spin offs even. Just an FYI if you happen to like it.

You write psychological thrillers?, well color me intrigued. I would love to read any of your works if you have something to post.

I started fighting a couple of years ago, first i did boxing, then moved to a bit of wrestling as part of mma training. Those were some of the best times in my life so yeah, i do miss it. I still remember all the times my coach shouted at me or called me the n word. (hes african american himself)

"Float like a butterfly" huh?, due to my body type (and personal choice) i am less of a mohammed ali and more of a mike tyson type boxer. Just dodge and tank hits, wearing my opponent down with jabs and on the lookout for that knock out punch then POW!!...one or three good hook, uppercut or straight punch and thats all she wrote! :D 

Recently i dove a bit into krav-maga. Very interesting and applicable fighting style i must say.

But yeah, to answer your question, i stopped to focus on uni when i traveled to the UK.

I dont have any pets, officially that is. I used to take care of a small cat family and three kittens back at my old uni. I used to love how those kittens would just rush me whenever they heard my voice.

You sound like more of a retro gamer, did you play anything modern or do you just not like modern games as much?

Wow just looked up krav-maga on u tube. Amazing form of self defence, an attacker would get a shock if they took you on mind you if you're built like Tyson they'd be a fool to even try it.
Your coach sounds like he was a hard man to please. Are you American? I'm British.

Are you still a uni student? What do/did you study? I left education at 16 but studied human psychology and canine psychology as home couses a few years later.

Those kittens sound friendly, my experiences with cats are that they don't like me 🐈

Trio of towns is a modern game, part of the harvest moon collection but generally I'm a sega, nintendo player ( the games of my generation ) I have tried PlayStation but the graphics make me ill plus I'm not into all those violent military games.

I have one book ready for reading, one stalled in the publication process but the one I'm most proud of I'm currently writing and its the one I'll send you when I'm finished it's good to get an independent opinion before I self publish. Different to my others it's about three boys who call up the spirit of a serial killer.

Where in the UK are you? I'm in Lincolnshire.
Have you travelled around much? Cornwall is my favourite place it's so beautiful.
What are you up to today? I'm doing housework not much else, got an ear infection that's driving me crazy.

hah!, if i had a nickel(or pence) for every time someone thought i was american. :rolleyes:

Usually this would be the time where i ask you to guess where i am from but alas, that game only works irl. Very hard to guess if you can't see me or hear me talk.

Anyhoo, drum roll please.......I am Egyptian. I came to the UK to finish my Bachelors degree and now i am doing a PhD at Huddersfield University down in west yorkshire.

Modern Graphics make you ill?, hmm...i can see that happening i guess what with all the hyper fast action on screen. I am not into those military games either btw. I prefer playing games that either have something to say or are very engaging with fast paced reflex based gameplay.

Ahh!, you should not have told me what the book was about. Now i am hyped for it! :D . That theme isn't helping either, now i really wanna read it.

I haven't traveled around that much. I went to Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Malaysia. Malaysia was my favorite cause i went on a mini jungle adventure with my big bro.

PS: Just throwing a speculation out there. You said early nintendo and sega games where the ones of your childhood. So, taking into account the lifespan of those consoles, i'd say you were born sometime in the early 80s (or possibly very late 70s). Which you put you in the mid to late 30s crowd. Am i right or am i right? :p .

Oh and i am just sitting in the computer lab doing research work at the moment. Might run some simulations later in the day but most likely not, we'll see.

Even in real life I would never have guessed you were Egyptian 😊 the UK must seem cold and boring in comparison.

I have an uncle living in West yorkshire. Do you travel around Yorkshire much? Whitby and Robin hood's bay in the North are said to be nice places to visit.

A jungle adventure sounds exiting, did you see any exotic wild animals? 🐊

Your right early 80's, I'm 36. Being a Phd student I'd guess you're in your late 20's?

Ok I'm curious about Egypt as I'm sure everyone you meet is, I hope it's ok to ask the following just ignore if not.

Have you ever ridden a camel? 🐪 I had a teacher who rode one and he said it's a bumpy uncomfortable ride, but that could be because the camel bit him. He showed us the bite mark it was very unusual to see.🐫

Are you interested in ancient Egypt, the Pharaohs, valley of the kings, pyramids? I find it interesting.

Have you been into the desert?
Experienced a sandstorm? ( they look frightening)
Ever seen a Cobra or scorpion?

Yes!!, i knew it! :D . To be honest, when you said "Back in my youth" in an earlier post i thought you would be 50 or something. 36 isn't old at all so you're still young in my book. 

Yes i am 26. Just turned this past april. 

I didn't see any exotic animals on that particular trip, unless you count malaysian monkeys. There is so many of them there. It's like cats or dogs here. I remember feeding this little monkey that was always having his food stolen by bigger stronger monkeys. They tried to steal the food even as i was feeding him but i quickly showed them who's boss by placing my hand firmly between them and him while shooting them a death stare and showing my teeth. Worked like a charm  :D

I came to the UK purely for career advancement reasons. I traveled a little bit to london and manchester, did some touristy things and even almost got arrested once but i never really explored the UK no.

I don't mind you asking me that kind of stuff btw, its natural to be curious. Yes i did ride a camel once and yes it was bumpy and a little uncomfortable, the desert nomads sit on camels in a certain way to compensate. All in all its something to get used to. The camels i have seen were usually very tame, unless someone provokes them. Not sure if your teacher did something or he just wound up with an ******* camel.

I am not that interested in ancient egypt. I am not that connected with my country's culture either. I have been in the desert once on a camping trip and yes i saw snakes, cobras, and scorpions but mostly i saw and had to deal with a lot of ants. Not the usual ant mind you, a slightly bigger and faster version.

I have experienced many many sandstorms. You dont have to be in the desert to be in one back home. It's just a part of life. Little annoying BUT, i loved them.....cause school got cancelled :p . Most sandstorms arent windy or violent. Imagine the thick London fog on a cold night, now replace the fog with sand clouds and that is what it would be like usually.

Thanks for answering those questions 😊, I forgot Egypt had those huge ants. Oh and I do count Malaysian monkeys as exotic wild animals you certainly don't get them here. ( maybe in a zoo but that's not an exciting encounter).

London and Manchester I avoid too higher crime risk for me. Almost arrested that must have been worrying, I was stopped and searched as a teen in Liverpool it does make you nervous of the police I just see an officer and think what have I done.😨

What kind of films do you like?

Have you seen how many views this thread is getting? I'm wondering why on a forum where people want to make connections no one is joining in our conversation.
Have you made many friends since joining the forum?

I can't think what else to write, must be my age, I must find my zimmer 😉 ha ha! 😛

Actually my "Almost Arrested" experience was pretty funny. I was travelling around London with my brother, after visiting the London dungeon we bought a scary clown mask from the gift shop. From that point on, we decided to sometimes wear the mask on buses then going to sit next to someone. Where then we would slowly turn our heads and stare for a bit. 
I ended up doing that way more than my brother and getting all sorts of reactions. Not a single one actually got scared, just smiles and laughter :p . By far the best reaction i got was from this guy who initially had no reaction to me but then exploded in laughter right after stepping off the bus.

Anyway, back to the original story. We were moving out of the hostel we were staying in, my brother forgot something and went back to get it and i was left waiting at the bus stop with the bags. I was bored so i decided to pop my mask on and stare at anyone who would sit next to me on the stop. This time, i had two encounters, one with a lady who smiled at me and an old man who passed by me and said "So your scaring people? you thinks that's funny?". 

Then, two police officers walk up to me. One pulled out a notepad and asked me what i was doing here and why i wearing the mask. I took the mask off and told him all about my situation. He then told me a lady saw me from her window and reported me, turns out there was a history of people putting on similar masks and causing mass panics doing "pranks". We then got to talking for a bit about crime in London, they were actually very nice.

I don't watch many movies but i did watch this movie recently that i liked. Think it was called "Stranger than Fiction". I also liked "Shutter Island". I dont have a genre i am into, i like movies that are engaging and unpredictable.....that's still pretty vague isn't it?  :D . If it helps, i did not like Black Panther. what are some of your favs? 

I haven't made many friends since joining no.  I met a great person here when i joined. However, we fell out of touch. I hope shes doing okay. I think some people might feel like the thread is just us talking. 

Just to be safe, ANYONE READING THIS, YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO POP IN AND CHAT, THE MORE THE MERRIER! :D .

I like the island which is about clones who don't know their clones until one realises and discovers the reason for his existence and decides to change it.

My favourite film is city of angels. Angels are working in the hospital guiding the decreased to the afterlife until one falls in love with a doctor, he meets a patient who's an ex Angel and is told how to become human. (I won't say more in case you ever watch it's good)

Taken is also a good film all 3 of them there about a retired cia agent having to rescue his daughter/ ex wife from kidnappers/trafficking ring.

Some people don't just put the clown mask on here they wear the full outfit, hide in bushes and chase people while shouting and waving weapons. Sometimes multiple clowns scare 1 person. It's some American craze that came here. I don't think the mask alone is scary to people but the whole outfit reminds me of a horror film I should never have watched about killer clowns who store murdered people's blood in bags that hang from the ceiling like punch bags. I hate horror films.

My stop and search I was 14 and my friend was behaving strange and wobbly on her feet. We were walking up the street near shops and she suddenly lay down near a shop window and started rolling about. Myself and two others who were there tried to get her to get up but she wouldn't listen so we started to walk hoping she'd follow, she didn't so we turned back only two shops down and as we got near her a police car pulled up and told her to get up, questioned us about what we were doing there/why she was on the floor etc, searched us all and took our details. The police let us go and as we walked away she pulled 4 cannabis cigarettes out of her pocket gloating that they hadn't found them and she'd given a false address. Needless to say we were no longer friends.

Sounds like that friend of yours needed a smack upside the head, thats what i would have done :D . 

So what do you do? Are you a writer professionally? or do you do something else?.

Also, we might be better off moving this to PMs as no one seems to be joining. If you are comfortable with that of course.

Latest posts

Back