Cats šŸ±

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol So cute Minus

I found these guys chilling out
giphy.gif
:p

Another kitty that digs lizards!
tenor.gif
:shy:

:)

That lizard looks like a great head scratcher.

Rather amazing.

It's been a slow month. I'veĀ had 2 cats for a long time but now it's picking up again. 6 beautiful cats. One silver & gray Persian that looks like he's from a Whiskas cat food commercial. šŸ˜ The cats with the squished faces isn't my favorite breed for sure but he's kind of cute!Ā 

I'mĀ having trouble with this turtle colored longhair house cat called Mira. She is scared and very aggressive. I don't know how to get her out of her shell. šŸ˜” I've used the last 3 workdays to try and get her to loosen up but I see no progress whatsoever. I've sat with her for for a long time, tried to get her to smell me but she shuts down and doesn't register her sences, slowblinking, 4 types of different food, singing and I've tried to push her out of her shutdown mode by putting her on my lap. She fake charges me but IĀ don't let her chase me away.Ā 
There hasn't been any progress, not even the smallest step in the right direction. This is so frustrating! šŸ˜©Usually I can see small signs of progress if I just give the cat time to get to know me.Ā 

Does anyone have any tips on how to get her to move forward?

If it isn't something specific in her environment or its natural personality, it could just take more time. I did have one who due to threats she perceived in her environment, lived under a chair. She spent so much time under a chair that the hair on her back was all worn off due to rubbing from a lack of room under the chair.

Once i got her, i didn't even try to approach her because that made her uncomfortable. She would come out of hiding at night and explore. Eventually she started coming up and sitting on the couch behind me as i watched the news. She was fine as long as i didn't try no touch her. That evolved into sitting behind me and batting me with her tail.

Step by step over a long period of time she became more comfortable and quit hiding all day. Her fur grew back and sleeping in my lap became to be one of her favorite places.

I did have another one that grew up in a house where he was starved and physically abused. That made him quite scared and aggressive. While he did improve a lot, he always did retain a streak of fear and aggression.

MissBehave said:
It's been a slow month. I'veĀ had 2 cats for a long time but now it's picking up again. 6 beautiful cats. One silver & gray Persian that looks like he's from a Whiskas cat food commercial. šŸ˜ The cats with the squished faces isn't my favorite breed for sure but he's kind of cute!Ā 

I'mĀ having trouble with this turtle colored longhair house cat called Mira. She is scared and very aggressive. I don't know how to get her out of her shell. šŸ˜” I've used the last 3 workdays to try and get her to loosen up but I see no progress whatsoever. I've sat with her for for a long time, tried to get her to smell me but she shuts down and doesn't register her sences, slowblinking, 4 types of different food, singing and I've tried to push her out of her shutdown mode by putting her on my lap. She fake charges me but IĀ don't let her chase me away.Ā 
There hasn't been any progress, not even the smallest step in the right direction. This is so frustrating! šŸ˜©Usually I can see small signs of progress if I just give the cat time to get to know me.Ā 

Does anyone have any tips on how to get her to move forward?

Have you tried cat treats?Ā  I know you said food, wasn't sure if you mean just cat food.Ā  Did that include treats?

What about some kind of toy?Ā  Either designed for cats or any misc thing that might grab the cats attention.Ā Ā 

Is the cats general health ok?

Yeah.. I had a cat this summer that used to be a feral. Think he was 8 and 5 of those years were spent as a stray which is very unusual due to how cold it gets here during winter. He was very agressive and scared. He stayedĀ long enough to trust me eventually though he didnā€™t like to be touched. He was more into the wholeĀ slow blinking and purring next to me. I could see him make small steps of progress but I guess it comes down to time in the end.Ā 
It just sucks so much cause I feel like I canā€™t make her time spent her as a positive one. She is going to be here for another week so I got some time left but.. yeah. I donā€™t want her to be this scared all the time while sheā€™s here.Ā 

Panda, Iā€™ve tried different treats too. This cat comes from a rescue organization. When we have extra free space weĀ take in some of their cats that needs help.Ā Sheā€™s probably been though a lot. Just want her to feel better while sheā€™s here.

Thank you for the feedback Minus and Panda. *hugs*

My Mom had a cat she used until the age we both got aware of HIS sex (mom thought it was a "she" cat) and 2 weeks ago I met a special cat that I planned to borrow few days. She's loving with me and with a friend each time we visit the field to get something from the crops. If i get some vitamins, I'll help her grow and get strong but she's the more loving cat I've met... The last cat I had used to climb over my pants, my back, to seat on my shoulders while i walked, but I couldn't take care of her...

Next time I planned to upload some pics of the pets I hadĀ but, my best one was "Eli". He was a rotty I trained to fight and, If you pointed me with a gun, you surely would miss your arm...

I'm sorry i made the wrong decision to move into Colombia. If God had spoken into my ears I wouldn't miss the things and pets I long for. šŸ˜ž

Now, in Vzla, my life is messy and somewhat boring. But I'll walk up! Ā šŸ˜‹

Diagnosed said:
My Mom had a cat she used until the age we both got aware of HIS sex (mom thought it was a "she" cat) and 2 weeks ago I met a special cat that I planned to borrow few days. She's loving with me and with a friend each time we visit the field to get something from the crops. If i get some vitamins, I'll help her grow and get strong but she's the more loving cat I've met... The last cat I had used to climb over my pants, my back, to seat on my shoulders while i walked, but I couldn't take care of her...

Next time I planned to upload some pics of the pets I hadĀ but, my best one was "Eli". He was a rotty I trained to fight and, If you pointed me with a gun, you surely would miss your arm...

I'm sorry i made the wrong decision to move into Colombia. If God had spoken into my ears I wouldn't miss the things and pets I long for. šŸ˜ž

Now, in Vzla, my life is messy and somewhat boring. But I'll walk up! Ā šŸ˜‹

ā¤ļø Animals ā¤ļø
One ofĀ the best things in this world for sure.
I had a German Shepherd when I grew up. She was not trained to fight but she was fiercely loyal and overprotective over me. I miss her so much. šŸ’” She showed herself to have my back in several occasions. I taught her to bark and show her teeth too. Great dog.

LOL :p Harper

Uploading some pics sounds good Diagnosed! :D Ā 

I agree MissBehave! Animals are one of the best things ever! ;)

[youtube]JRhV8YoEUqA[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back