lonely even online

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

summer sky

hi guys i'm new..well i've always felt lonely but today it feels worse. can u guys help me? ok to make my point i've been on this fan forum of my favorite band for a few weeks now and talked with ppl there like never before..i'd always had few friends..i'm not good at making one..so on that forum i finally felt like i was accepted like i was finally socializing. cause all we talked about was my favorite band and we agreed on countless things..but the last few days less and less ppl were talking to me and i feel like i'm ruining the entire forum activity cause maybe i posted too much there :( and i was on many other forums like that but that one was the only for me..i've virtually lost friends..like if i can't talk online then where else am i supposed to talk..asking myself. i have no-one. my family hates me. i feel so lonely it freaks me out like nothing can fix me :( i don't know how to cope..how do u guys cope?

Hey Sky. First off do not get too offended or put off by the members on some forums. Some lack a mutual respect for anyone's feelings. I was on a car forum and asking questions and giving opinions. If you state one little item that some do not agree with or it may sound trivial they will flame you to cinders. Or you feel pegged and snubbed with no response. I would not put too much stock in feedback from some forums. This forum is a pretty good place as many relate to your feelings and fears. Just that many will read others posts and never reply or offer advise. But I understand that they are going through a very bad era in their lives and and are emotionally exhausted.
You seem alone and very isolated. This is not good. No matter how you will rationalize this situation it will have to change. Isolation is the mother of insanity. We need people around us to reel us in if our ideas or thought get a little......well....abnormal. I too have started to get in contact with others. I do know it is hard, but try to find someone to talk to and share thoughts. Do not unload and vent or give a lonely life story at first, people I found do not want to deal with that.
You feel alienated and disconnected from family, co-workers, society. I have learned this......that people do care if we feel a little down and lonely. But only to a degree. After awhile if they see that a real solid effort is not being made by us to communicate, socialize, just get out and try then they start to fade away and live their lives. Only when the sickening boring feeling of loneliness is worse than the little sting of rejection or funny looks will most of us make the move and reach out. But it must come from us. Do not hope and wait for a knock on the door and fun filled group to grab us for a beach party. Trust me, it never comes. So Try. Not for me, not for anyone, try for yourself to get back. The world needs you!!!!!

Falco

Hi Skye

Just hang in, and post here once in a while, I have the same problem at times.. Thing is people are fickle.... but some cyber friends stay and you find them years later still ready to talk to you which is nice.

Falco said:
Hey Sky. First off do not get too offended or put off by the members on some forums. Some lack a mutual respect for anyone's feelings. I was on a car forum and asking questions and giving opinions. If you state one little item that some do not agree with or it may sound trivial they will flame you to cinders. Or you feel pegged and snubbed with no response. I would not put too much stock in feedback from some forums. This forum is a pretty good place as many relate to your feelings and fears. Just that many will read others posts and never reply or offer advise. But I understand that they are going through a very bad era in their lives and and are emotionally exhausted.
You seem alone and very isolated. This is not good. No matter how you will rationalize this situation it will have to change. Isolation is the mother of insanity. We need people around us to reel us in if our ideas or thought get a little......well....abnormal. I too have started to get in contact with others. I do know it is hard, but try to find someone to talk to and share thoughts. Do not unload and vent or give a lonely life story at first, people I found do not want to deal with that.
You feel alienated and disconnected from family, co-workers, society. I have learned this......that people do care if we feel a little down and lonely. But only to a degree. After awhile if they see that a real solid effort is not being made by us to communicate, socialize, just get out and try then they start to fade away and live their lives. Only when the sickening boring feeling of loneliness is worse than the little sting of rejection or funny looks will most of us make the move and reach out. But it must come from us. Do not hope and wait for a knock on the door and fun filled group to grab us for a beach party. Trust me, it never comes. So Try. Not for me, not for anyone, try for yourself to get back. The world needs you!!!!!

Falco

Falco thanks for your response. yes i'm very isolated from society..and it's not very good. in middle school i tried to make friends but something i never understood kept other kids away from me..maybe the way i talked, or the way i looked, i dunno :( so from high school on i stopped trying to make friends cause it was useless. now i'm just outta high school. on that forum i mentioned there were only about 10 kids, all of my age, talking..and just as soon as it felt home there they r going away. i was a newbie..

anyway so i won't worry too much over getting no response on that forum..and on reaching out..yes i definitely want to do something about it..so i will. will come up with something like maybe talking to a counselor..

thank you for your response
it meant a lot to me - sky

paula4u said:
Hi Skye

Just hang in, and post here once in a while, I have the same problem at times.. Thing is people are fickle.... but some cyber friends stay and you find them years later still ready to talk to you which is nice.

paula4u thanks for your response. yea i really hope they'll stay - my cyber friends are much nicer than my human acquaintances ;)

thanks for your encouragements - sky

I had a similar problem in MS. It sucked. If you would like to talk please put up your AIM screen name (I won't share it, don't worry).

Latest posts

Back