Hi. I'm a mess

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisIsJackWannabe

Reaction score
Hi, first of all I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to read my intro. I'm not great with things like this. I have been looking at this blank space for several days. I'm a 47 year old male that is a total mess. I'm married but that is falling apart because of my spouse(she doesn't see things like I do). I have a teenage daughter who looks up to me but she isn't mature enough to understand what I'm going through. My best friend is dealing with depression, so I don't want to bother him with my problems. I'm also a caregiver for one of my parents. I feel like I'm lonely because I have no one I can talk to that either understands me or can give me feedback. I'm looking to possibly find friendships on here. Like I said I'm not the greatest with things like this. What is in my brain and what I type somehow gets disrupted. Lol .I look forward to hear from members of this community.

Welcome. I’m sorry you’re having a rough time.

I know what it’s like feeling intensely isolated, lonely, sad, especially in the midst of a crumbling relationship, though I’ve never been married. I’m also a caregiver, unofficially, to a younger step-sibling. It’s stressful.

I’m here to chat if you’d like.

You seem to be going through a critical phase in your life journey and it's wise to reach out for a bit of help....and it takes courage to do that.
I hope this forum helps you find some resolution to your relationship issues. Also, you have my utmost respect for engaging in the caregiver role for one of your parents. I did that for 18 years. It's a tough job.

Ecclesiastes said:
Welcome. I’m sorry you’re having a rough time.

I know what it’s like feeling intensely isolated, lonely, sad, especially in the midst of a crumbling relationship, though I’ve never been married. I’m also a caregiver, unofficially, to a younger step-sibling. It’s stressful.

I’m here to chat if you’d like.

constant stranger said:
You seem to be going through a critical phase in your life journey and it's wise to reach out for a bit of help....and it takes courage to do that.
I hope this forum helps you find some resolution to your relationship issues. Also, you have my utmost respect for engaging in the caregiver role for one of your parents. I did that for 18 years. It's a tough job.

Thank you responding. I really do appreciate it. It means alot to me. Just got off from work, I will post more later.

I really hope this site helps you. I decided to get on here myself and let everything out. its a good outlet.

"Hi I'm a mess" Well, at least you know it. It's important to be honest with yourself.

It must be a real challenge to try to care for others while recognizing that you are falling apart. I do that to an extent - this week I made my mom a resume and helped her apply to jobs despite my own career path being very uncertain. She needs to start working full-time ASAP but can't get through the whole job search process on her own. I'll probably be preparing her for interviews tonight. You can be glad you're not having career problems on top of everything else.

Hello ThisIsJackWannabe. I've found that this site is full of caring people that are open to listening and giving support.  You've done well to come here and find some safe ground for sharing.  While I generally respect the sympathizing community here, I find very few who offer or want any kind of religious perspective on their lives and problems.  This seems counterintuative to me since the two are naturally related - meaning, that not having the right religion in one's life can result in numerous unnecessary problems, while having the right religion in one's life can help us manage the problems that do arise.

I hardly know you well enough to judge your religious status or beliefs at this point, but if you claim your life as a mess then you obviously need more than just kind listeners to get things straightened out.  I'm sure it's a long, complicated road ahead of you, but I'd suggest that this short, interesting, entertaining, and applicable Christian sermon is worth your time to finding that road.  It isn't a complete answer to your various problems, but it's a good start.

Let me know if you watch and like the whole video.  I have more Christian insight to offer for those that actually want to change and improve their lives and relationships.  

Sir Joseph said:
Hello ThisIsJackWannabe. I've found that this site is full of caring people that are open to listening and giving support.  You've done well to come here and find some safe ground for sharing.  While I generally respect the sympathizing community here, I find very few who offer or want any kind of religious perspective on their lives and problems.  This seems counterintuative to me since the two are naturally related - meaning, that not having the right religion in one's life can result in numerous unnecessary problems, while having the right religion in one's life can help us manage the problems that do arise.

I hardly know you well enough to judge your religious status or beliefs at this point, but if you claim your life as a mess then you obviously need more than just kind listeners to get things straightened out.  I'm sure it's a long, complicated road ahead of you, but I'd suggest that this short, interesting, entertaining, and applicable Christian sermon is worth your time to finding that road.  It isn't a complete answer to your various problems, but it's a good start.

Let me know if you watch and like the whole video.  I have more Christian insight to offer for those that actually want to change and improve their lives and relationships.  

Some people arent ready to hear quoted Bible Verses. It feels remote and judgemental. imo. The best thing you can do for a person is be human. Walk alongside a person on equal terms. 
Jack sounds like a regular guy to me. Who has found himself in tough circumstances. Anyone who has a caring role has my immediate respect.

Hi Jack,
Welcome and I hope things will improve for you soon.

I was caregiver to my grandmother for the last years of her life as Dementia took her over. All the best to you.

My PMs are open.

Although I'm 20 years old, I strongly know how you feel with seeing things differently to others.. I have no friends in real life and I can't connect with anybody in Australia which is where i live, I don't even feel that connected to my parents. However, I'm here if you want to talk.

Aren't we all?
Welcome, Jack. Hope this place helps alleviate some of those feelings somewhat.

ThisIsJackWannabe said:
Hey! We all go through hard times. So you aren't alone. The best thing I've found is to seek help through counseling, mentoring and friends. Have you considered going to a local pastor for guidance? 

Latest posts

Back