Hello everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The lonely Iowan

Reaction score
This is my first post here. I feel weird about my loneliness because I'be been married to a fantastic woman for almost twenty years, but she won't talk about things that affect our marriage. She doesn't seem interested in my day and rarely asked about it. 

It's weird to me to open up to strangers so I'll just look through this forum to see everyone else's stories and maybe I'll find some things that could help me.

Welcome to the forums :)

ce71dc77aa309d4712bbbc434f898891.jpg

Open up. Thats why I stay Anon, so I can talk about my life without anyone knowing who I am

Is_There_More said:
Open up. Thats why I stay Anon, so I can talk about my life without anyone knowing who I am

It helps I promise. I talk about everything from my past to my relationships to my mental problems. Its a great release.

The lonely Iowan said:
This is my first post here. I feel weird about my loneliness because I'be been married to a fantastic woman for almost twenty years, but she won't talk about things that affect our marriage. She doesn't seem interested in my day and rarely asked about it. 

It's weird to me to open up to strangers so I'll just look through this forum to see everyone else's stories and maybe I'll find some things that could help me.

It's great that you still see her as a fantastic woman after 20 years.  You probably have a good idea of her likes/dislikes after all that time - surprise her with something she will really appreciate, and maybe she'll show a little more interest in you.

Women go through menopause in their early 50s, and it affects each person differently. So that could contribute to her being less talkative too.

The lonely Iowan said:
Thanks for your courage opening up and asking for help. There could be a ton of reasons for the abnormal character change. The best thing I could recommend is to go to couples counseling. Have you considered this? Pastors, counselors, and mentors could be of help. Prayers. 

The lonely Iowan said:

How was your day?

Guzheng said:
Women go through menopause in their early 50s, and it affects each person differently.  So that could contribute to her being less talkative too.

A young male college student commenting on middle aged female menopause. something weird about that....

Yep. I hear you. Not quite that long of a relationship but over 15 years now. That's modern society for you. More ways to communicate with people but more loneliness too.

Latest posts

Back