what happened to this forum?!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyleReich

Reaction score
...i remember a few years ago, these forums were all much busier and active than they are now.  I was amazed when I visited this site for the first time in a few years the other day....the front pages of all these threads have "lasted posted in" dates of several days ago if not months ago.  This place seems to be a ghost town now, compared to what it was like  a couple of years ago.  Can someone please tell me where everyone went???  What happened?!

Not sure why you double posted this ( you have it in another thread as well ) but I agree with you. I used this site under a few years back and it was a lot more active. I even coached someone I found through this site. I guess that is just the cycle of life though. Things come and go...This site went from active to somewhat active. Happens all the times with fourms, I used to host gaming tournaments back in 2008 on a website called All is brawl and it was super active, my tournaments averaged 50 plus weekly but after a few months the site just became a ghost town. Nobody used it anymore mainly because super smash brothers brawl was losing its appeal. It went through a cycle. sometimes a cycle repeats itself and sometimes it just remains stuck in one stage. Sorry for rambling I am just in a talkative mood.

I have no idea. I haven’t been here too long. But, I do see a lot of.. negative stuff. I have experienced it myself. I do really hope it blossoms up again. Il do my part at least. 
Come on. Don’t be shy. 😋
Dive in and make a post! (Yes I’m talking to you hiding in the shadows) 😁

abyssbcs512 said:
Not sure why you double posted this ( you have it in another thread as well ) but I agree with you. I used this site under a few years back and it was a lot more active. I even coached someone I found through this site. I guess that is just the cycle of life though. Things come and go...This site went from active to somewhat active. Happens all the times with fourms, I used to host gaming tournaments back in 2008 on a website called All is brawl and it was super active, my tournaments averaged 50 plus weekly but after a few months the site just became a ghost town. Nobody used it anymore mainly because super smash brothers brawl was losing its appeal. It went through a cycle. sometimes a cycle repeats itself and sometimes it just remains stuck in one stage. Sorry for rambling I am just in a talkative mood.

^^^^I would have to quibble with your description of this forum as going from very active to "somewhat active.", lol. You are being quite generous.  When the front page of all of these forums contains tons of threads that haven't been posted in, in days or weeks, that is "barely active."  I was stunned when I saw that even the threads at the very top of the first page have "last posted in" dates of hours ago or yesterday or 2 days ago.  This site seems to have lost a lot of active members over the course of the past 3-4 years.

Well, I guess it could be a good thing... maybe lots of people have gotten less lonely and stopped posting all the time?

I suspect that competition between social media sites plays a role.  For example, Twitter and Instagram are places where you can follow the activities of people you haven't met IRL and interact with them using text, photos and videos.  You would be amazed by how much time people spend on Instagram looking at beautiful pictures of animals and plants.  There are also lots of random short videos on there.

I hope it's not the case that this website has gotten harder to find.  Has it decreased in its Google ranking?  Worse yet, is it on the second page of Google results?  I hope not.

Maybe people are embarrassed that they are lonely enough to be lurking here and don't post anything.  Or maybe they don't feel confident in their writing abilities. Some are probably dealing with mental health problems that cause brain fog and decrease their desire to communicate, so they can't reach out to others even though they want to.

One final thought: is there a Reddit page for loneliness?  Maybe that's the first thing that comes to lonely people's minds when they go searching for a forum.

Idk I just came in feb. Maybe those people are not lonely anymore.
Some negative pms maybe. I got some recently from some *********.

ahsatan said:
Some negative pms  maybe. I got some recently from some *********.

Ohh.. a *********? 
Haha. Ahh.. such a funny word. 😂
Hmm.. what’s the qualifications for being a ******?

Well in french, you'd need to actually be "a shower". ;-)
I'll have to look it up sometime, always wondered from where that term came to be.

But it does fit with my general impression of the internet as a whole over time. Used to be, several decades ago, a regular at The Park, one of the biggest webchats online of all time. Millions of active members. Seems to me with general toxicity on the up in the internet nowadays, it chased away the more "here for the camaraderie" types of people. That plus "laziness", though I don't know if its quite the correct term, but ppl seem to prefer either facebook or instant messaging in 140 characters or less. Forums have been vanishing a plenty over the years.

Richard_39 said:
Well in french, you'd need to actually be "a shower". ;-)
I'll have to look it up sometime, always wondered from where that term came to be.

But it does fit with my general impression of the internet as a whole over time. Used to be, several decades ago, a regular at The Park, one of the biggest webchats online of all time. Millions of active members. Seems to me with general toxicity on the up in the internet nowadays, it chased away the more "here for the camaraderie" types of people. That plus "laziness", though I don't know if its quite the correct term, but ppl seem to prefer either facebook or instant messaging in 140 characters or less. Forums have been vanishing a plenty over the years.

I guess someone said ******* but didn’t really feel it hit it’s mark. 
Funny how holes or stuff for holes are used as a way to talk down at people. 
Hit me up if you find the origin. I’m too lazy to do it myself. 😉

MissBehave said:
ahsatan said:
Some negative pms  maybe. I got some recently from some *********.

Ohh.. a *********? 
Haha. Ahh.. such a funny word. 😂
Hmm.. what’s the qualifications for being a ******?

I guess is a bag full of doughnuts <3 ****, I would love to get a pm by a bag like that. 

Actually the issue is simple. When people get something positive, they forget about this forum. When they get lonely again they come back here to complain about their life, and if they do not find someone here they switch to other places like reddit, where communication is much easier and appealing. 

Yes, because if forums are already an outdated method of communicating, this one in particular is even older since it's not at all appealing layout and boring design.

Even the mods have gone AWOL.   lol

This forum is uniquely weird. Don't like the technology much either. prefer the B Bulletin type forums.
Can this forum be saved?
Should we get crowdfunding to save it?
When you've resorted to playing those mindless word game threads, life has reached rock bottom imo.
Im a reject from many other forums to be honest.
This is my last resort. I need you people to worship and adore me. Im on my knees now. Please please  I beg of you …..

humourless said:

This forum is uniquely weird. Don't like the technology much either. prefer the B Bulletin type forums.
Can this forum be saved?
When you've resorted to playing those mindless word game threads, life has reached rock bottom imo.
This is my last resort. I need you people to worship and adore me. Im on my knees now. Please please  I beg of you …..

giphy.gif

humourless said:

Can this forum be saved?

The moderators have not gone AWOL we're on here everyday we just don't always post everyday, we have other tasks to take care of. If we went AWOL there would never be any new members on this forum.

There are many people who join the forum but never post, some come back often and create new accounts and still never post or only post a few times. Just like a lot of forums that go through spurts of activity and non activity, so does this one.

Like every site on the internet, it has his hype years and the downer years, the site is probably 6 years old so having 20 visitors per day is a lot in the social media era

HorseLatitudes said:
Like every site on the internet, it has his hype years and the downer years, the site is probably 6 years old so having 20 visitors per day is a lot in the social media era

Oh. 
I like your picture. 🎀

what happened to this forum? Well it has been going gangbusters since I got back!

Latest posts

Back