Money Issues

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is_There_More

Reaction score
Gahhhh. Sometimes I feel like we will NEVER get ahead. I can't take it anymore. Seriously. So, my fiance works for a lawn care company at 11 an hour.  The only problem is that it pays weekly, even with over time his check is only 350. What in the hell am I going to get paid with that. I work too but am currently semi laid off and getting a part time job for the time being. I just feel like with him working this job we will never get ahead. This is part of the reason we fell behind in bills to begin with. The thing is that in the long run this job is worth it. His friend makes almost 20 an hr. Its just the time period it takes to get there we arn't bringing in enough money. Ended up losing our apartment because of not making enough money and well here we are staying with my mother. I was making 700 a week and I miss the money. I can't wait until August. I know its not that long to wait but i need my own space.  I feel like thats the only thing we fight about is money. He is terrible with it. Like managing it, When i think we have money we never do. Money always magically disappears. So much Fun.

I bet there are lot of money stories like yours. No one likes poverty.

Well, with the child support I pay I get cut 200 a week. Which leaves me with around 350 a week. Consider my 530 rent plus my around 500 monthly bills, I barely get by. Two maxed out 1500 credit cards for years. Plus my oven just busted. The fridge is also going. Still eating Kraft dinners at 40 wasn't exactly a plan. Yet I make 20 an hour, fancy that.
Funny part is, when child support ends, I'll make enough money than I'll know what to do with. Ill probably pump all of it into retirement. Assuming I live that long.
So yeah, I feel you. Sometimes you just need to grit your teeth and endure. I'm still holding out for the rich girl who'll fall for me and pay half and half of everything with me.

Richard_39 said:
Well, with the child support I pay I get cut 200 a week. Which leaves me with around 350 a week. Consider my 530 rent plus my around 500 monthly bills, I barely get by. Two maxed out 1500 credit cards for years. Plus my oven just busted. The fridge is also going. Still eating Kraft dinners at 40 wasn't exactly a plan. Yet I make 20 an hour, fancy that.
Funny part is, when child support ends, I'll make enough money than I'll know what to do with. Ill probably pump all of it into retirement. Assuming I live that long.
So yeah, I feel you. Sometimes you just need to grit your teeth and endure. I'm still holding out for the rich girl who'll fall for me and pay half and half of everything with me.

I hate child support. It's one  thing if the fathers in the life of the child and even then don' t know how the courts expect fathers to live. Yeah i had alot more bills when we had our own place its a little differnet now until we find a place. im sorry your going through that also. My brother pays out ALOT to child support and he has the kids more than she does.

Is_There_More said:
Richard_39 said:

I hate child support. It's one  thing if the fathers in the life of the child and even then don' t know how the courts expect fathers to live. Yeah i had alot more bills when we had our own place its a little differnet now until we find a place. im sorry your going through that also. My brother pays out ALOT to child support and he has the kids more than she does.

Seems to be necessary. Don't blame the ex all that much, not as much as the government enabling easy welfarers like her. They love guys like me, costs them a lot less welfare this way.

Considering my kids, I don't really regret the money a WHOLE lot. Just wish it would get spent on useful stuff instead of frivolous garbage. The irony of not even having cable, when she has three cells, four tv sets, videogame consoles plethora and unlimited internet is not lost on me.
But, I know a day will come when that ends. Then she'll be knocking on my door asking for help, like I did once. Sadly, as happened that day, she'll find it closed. There's only so much someone can take.
But, you know, it's just a moment in time. Like anything else, it'll end. So I'm just keeping as muçh of my teeth together as I can till then. At least the kids are good. It's all I really need to know.
Ironically, seems to me the mums really needing child support to get by are the only ones not getting it. You never hear about the ones getting it not having enough to get by. Pretty telling, I think.

Richard_39 said:
Is_There_More said:
Richard_39 said:

Seems to be necessary. Don't blame the ex all that much, not as much as the government enabling easy welfarers like her. They love guys like me, costs them a lot less welfare this way.

Considering my kids, I don't really regret the money a WHOLE lot. Just wish it would get spent on useful stuff instead of frivolous garbage. The irony of not even having cable, when she has three cells, four tv sets, videogame consoles plethora and unlimited internet is not lost on me.
But, I know a day will come when that ends. Then she'll be knocking on my door asking for help, like I did once. Sadly, as happened that day, she'll find it closed. There's only so much someone can take.
But, you know, it's just a moment in time. Like anything else, it'll end. So I'm just keeping as muçh of my teeth together as I can till then. At least the kids are good. It's all I really need to know.
Ironically, seems to me the mums really needing child support to get by are the only ones not getting it. You never hear about the ones getting it not having enough to get by. Pretty telling, I think.

Yeah, My ex husband really hasn't been there and im struggling but i know that if i took him for child support he wouldn't be able to even support himself and I couldnt do that to him. Hes there for my daughter just not Financially.

Latest posts

Back