Hola :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veiledv

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing well. 

I thought I'd give this a shot. I'll tell you a bit about myself since I saw it was the recommended thing to do on here. 

I'm 30 years old and I'm currently (and temporarily ) working at a supermarket. The few people around me, including co-workers, think I'm social but a little shy, but in reality I'm just good at hiding my true self. I'm a very private person. I do enjoy being on my own but there's a difference between enjoying solitude, which is something necessary for all of us I think, and feeling lonely because you just don't click with people. And lately, I have been feeling quite lonely. 

I do go out when I have the time (I'm a photography aficionado!) and try to enjoy the things that I like. But when the day is done and I'm about to go to sleep, the same thoughts race through my mind. And I always wonder if there's something in me that attracts the wrong kind of people into my life or if it's just that I haven't met the right kind of people and I still have to meet them. 

Sometimes I feel I'm not good enough. For anything or anyone out there. 

Thank you for reading. And sorry for my English. 
Have a lovely day/night

57d1fd73-9818-49e5-83b5-47be4b9fad0e_1.e9879cf17e8f2a426a3fa7790f1952da.jpeg

Nah, it isn't that you aren't good enough. Perhaps you turned down men that could have been good partners, who knows. If you are good at being social why don't try to meet someone you like? You would have nothing to lose.
Welcome aboard

Unix said:
Nah, it isn't that you aren't good enough. Perhaps you turned down men that could have been good partners, who knows. If you are good at being social why don't try to meet someone you like? You would have nothing to lose.
Welcome aboard

Most likely, yes. I'll try to be more open from now on. Thank you, Unix.

Hi there,

You are right - meeting the right people is hard. Maybe you have not met anyone you really identify with yet.

I suggest spending more time in camera stores, even if you're not buying anything.  There, you can meet other people who share your interest.

Think about other places where people similar to you are likely to be.  And go there.  Maybe you can start working at a camera store.

[Sometimes I feel I'm not good enough. For anything or anyone out there.]

Hi. Im going to respond to what you said here. because this will resonate with so many of us.
It is almost the human condition. Yet we all think we are the only ones who feel it.
If you felt you were good enough you might be arrogant. So your current state or status, one of humility, is valuable. There are not enough humble people in the world. You are reaching out to the human race in humility. That is sure to attract many people. Just be careful. There are a lot of strange people out here. Not just strange but manipulative or wicked even.
God bless you on your journey.

You are welcome and concerning what you said about not good enough. The first thing I will ask you is whether you actually understand yourself? In life self-understanding is key cause each and everyone is unique in their way. After understanding yourself, you move from there to what you actually want to become. And the good news is that the members and lots of topics treated here can be of help. Once again you are welcome!

Latest posts

Back