Just one person....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Manta

Reaction score
God, I wish I had just one person in my life that had my back, just one person that had my values, that kind of thought the way I did. My wife, my kids, my sister and mom, every single one of them just doesn't see things the way I do, even if I sit there and logically explain things-they will agree that I'm right, yet they still go off and do things that just don't make sense and end up causing problems further down the line.

humourless said:
so there is nothing good or positive in their pov?

Point of view? No, nothing really. they are all shallow. They don't think ahead. They don't act like adults.

all shallow? sorry but your pov remains under a cloud. They might view you as the problem I suspect.

Black Manta said:
God, I wish I had just one person in my life that had my back, just one person that had my values, that kind of thought the way I did. My wife, my kids, my sister and mom, every single one of them just doesn't see things the way I do, even if I sit there and logically explain things-they will agree that I'm right, yet they still go off and do things that just don't make sense and end up causing problems further down the line.

I think as long as YOU stick to your personal values and morals, that’s what important. It’s a shame that you have no one who is on the same page as you, especially no one close to you, but I guess they are all entitled to their own opinions and ways of doing things - as you are. If you’re alone in maintaining your personal integrity, so be it - stick to your convictions.

humourless said:
all shallow? sorry but your pov remains under a cloud. They might view you as the problem I suspect.

My daughter and boyfriend came to pick up their kids which we were baby-sitting. Everyone else was there for a cookout. they were late and drunk. Not falling over drunk but definitely not OK to drive. There was enough of us at my house to drive their vehicle home and have someone follow to bring that person back. I didn't think they should drive drunk with the kids in the car. Everyone else said I was causing trouble, that they didn't live that far away (about 5 miles) and I shouldn't worry about it. I guess it's a judgement call and they didn't get into an accident but at the same time I don't think it was worth the risk to the children, I don't think it would have been a big deal for us to have driven them home. They are all very nonchalant about life in general. My other daughter got into an accident and didn't have insurance. She got her license suspended but kept driving and of course got caught. The daughter with the kids had to take her kids to the ER on back-to-back days and of course she doesn't have medical insurance for them. They are like Homer Simpson in the way they just want to live life and it bothers me.

You know, much as it sucks, sometimes you need to watch people ram headfirst into a brick wall rather than trying to change them. You of course don't want them to break their necks, but on the flip side it's their necks to break as they please. Don't sound like real wise people. Reminds me of my uncle, who also drives passably drunk sometimes. Well...xcept that time I called the cops on him.
As loathsome as you might feel, if thete's lil children involved, may be the wisest course of action you can adopt. People should know better, don't, then get others killed.
Sorry for what you're going through, man.

Richard_39 said:
You know, much as it sucks, sometimes you need to watch people ram headfirst into a brick wall rather than trying to change them. You of course don't want them to break their necks, but on the flip side it's their necks to break as they please. Don't sound like real wise people. Reminds me of my uncle, who also drives passably drunk sometimes. Well...xcept that time I called the cops on him.
As loathsome as you might feel, if thete's lil children involved, may be the wisest course of action you can adopt. People should know better, don't, then get others killed.
Sorry for what you're going through, man.

I appreciate the advice. Over the years I did bite my tongue on a number of occasions thinking that at some point they would learn their lesson, but that never seems to happen.

Latest posts

Back