would you prefer to be alone alone or alone in a marriage?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humourless

Reaction score
People can feel sorry for those who are single. But they have freedom. beholden to no one.
I think those in a bad marriage can feel worse loneliness. their suffering greater.

humourless said:
People can feel sorry for those who are single. But they have freedom. beholden to no one.
I think those in a bad marriage can feel worse loneliness. their suffering greater.

this is a false dichotomy.  comparing being single to only being in a poor relationship is simply a method of coping. by far the best possibility is to be in a fulfilling, intimate relationship based on respect & mutual attraction.  this of course is the goal of those who are involuntary single.  i am not aware of one person who is in a healthy, loving relationship who would prefer to be single- if they did desire this, it is simple to do so.  this of course is most certainly NOT the case for those who have been seeking a partner for a long period of time but are unable to attract those they are attracted to.

I am married and I’m lonely, the ultimate in lonely. But that is irrelevant, marriage is a sexual union, serves principally no other purpose, sex breaks down, the marriage breaks down.

Proverbs 21:19 “Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife.”

But remember, it’s a desert, your whole marriage vows are a complete and load of crap except this line ‘Till death do you part.’

Romans 7:2 “For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him.”

Leave your husband/wife, piss off to a bedsit, but don’t think until he/she dies you can divorce him/her, have some fun on match.com or get remarried until well, death do you part

Maybe I'm just pathetic, but I'd rather have someone to go home to.

Naizo said:
Maybe I'm just pathetic, but I'd rather have someone to go home to.

Why?, Naizo, in all seriousness, trolling aside, don’t do this to yourself, I have gone home to a number of woman, Joyce, Jo, Fiona, Rosie and it is money, it is lifestyle, it is holidays, it is comfy sofa, it is missionary once a month. Why?. Be the person you can be?.

I’m dying, you will live my life. Be the person you can be. Forget everyone, you rise above everyone. I give you that. When I die, which I will, it is only a matter of time, you will rise.

£2 Naizo, a woman denied me £2 and that is the tip of the iceberg. Is this what you want?.

Piss off on match.com, tell her no you’re NOT going to take her to a fancy restaurant, then prepare yourself a lonely life.

If not then prepare yourself for a life of effective prostitution.

Sorry.

Latest posts

Back