I dont have any friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humourless

Reaction score
Friends seem to reject me. They think I smell. Should I shower more than once every 3 days? And they say Im only interested in myself and not them. While this is possibly true, I was deeply hurt. Mortally. Fatally. tragically, , dramatically hurt.
But I find myself more interesting than other people. especially if they start complaining about their life. Such whining makes me feel ill. Why don't they try to cheer me up? Say nice things to me. Be in awe of everything I say. Say how nice I look today. And how lucky they are to have me as their friend.
But they never do.
woe alas. to post or not to post that is the problem

humourless said:
Friends seem to reject me. They think I smell. Should I shower more than once every 3 days? And they say Im only interested in myself and not them. While this is possibly true, I was deeply hurt. Mortally. Fatally. tragically, , dramatically hurt.
But I find myself more interesting than other people. especially if they start complaining about their life. Such whining makes me feel ill. Why don't they try to cheer me up? Say nice things to me. Be in awe of everything I say. Say how nice I look today. And how lucky they are to have me as their friend.
But they never do.

I shower everyday, assuming you're an adult, we already hit puberty a long time ago, so our smells are very potent, especially as an adult male, my best interest is to be very hygienic. If you feel like your smell is an issue, Irish spring is the best brand for me to use, and for guys to use in general. Pick a good time to shower, and repeat that every single day. You'll feel better about yourself, knowing you're clean.

I guess sometimes, we have to be a bit selfless, especially when others are going through problems, and they trust us enough to vent to them. Even if you don't understand it, and they're your friend, your best bet is just to give a listening ear, and people will do the same. 

We do sometimes get out what we put in.

Good luck to you.

When I smell (I don't like to, but sometimes it happens) it makes no difference, because I don't have any friends. If you have friends who say you smell, let me tell you: you do have friends. (...)
:club: 

I don't have friends. People I consider or label "friends" don't care about me, I try to meet them but this never happens, because I'm not actually part of anyone's life. (Except, maybe, one or two who live at the other side of the country, or another country...) People really don't care about me. I do try. I do get in touch. I try. I'm trying not to, but I still can't, because I don't want to be alone...

giphy.gif

🎀 We’ll be your friends 🎀
Wonder who you are around that table.

I've found that people where I live (Boston) don't "make friends", they "network". They identify someone who can do something useful for them or who can provide access to something they want. They then suck up to that person, and offer to do something for the other person in return, in hopes the thing they can do or provide is something the other person will find useful, so the other person will see the relationship as being of mutal benefit. The two people then end up with something that looks to casual inspection like a friendship but is really more like symbiosis.

Things like shared interests and the ability to make conversation? That and two-fifty will get you a ride on the subway. You're only good to people for what you can do for them.

MissBehave said:
giphy.gif

🎀 We’ll be your friends 🎀
Wonder who you are around that table.

I don't see Eeyore... He was my favorite growing up.
I guess he wasn't invited... 😢

humourless said:
But they never do.

I have no friends

beecher2 said:
humourless said:
But they never do.

I have no friends
I might have one or two but I don't deserve them because I don't show enough respect for them

Latest posts

Back