Created username long ago, first time posting

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Q

QuietDesperation

I've known of this forum for a while - in fact, I created my username/account a while ago. I believe this is my first time posting, though. 

I feel very isolated, hurt, in agony, depressed, and traumatized. But "lonely" isn't the exact word I'd use for myself. I still feel this forum might help me in some way. 

I'm very shy and awkward around most people. I have complicated problems in life. 

My username is from something in Thoreau's Walden, I believe. There was a line in there that read, "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." I did relate to his book when I read it long ago. I can relate to the hermetical, nature-loving, thoughtful aspects of him and his book. 

Anyway, hope things go well here!

QuietDesperation said:
I've known of this forum for a while - in fact, I created my username/account a while ago. I believe this is my first time posting, though. 

I feel very isolated, hurt, in agony, depressed, and traumatized. But "lonely" isn't the exact word I'd use for myself. I still feel this forum might help me in some way. 

I'm very shy and awkward around most people. I have complicated problems in life. 

My username is from something in Thoreau's Walden, I believe. There was a line in there that read, "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." I did relate to his book when I read it long ago. I can relate to the hermetical, nature-loving, thoughtful aspects of him and his book. 

Anyway, hope things go well here!

Hello, there. I can relate to some of your feelings. I have some complicated problems of my own, assuaged somewhat by my forays into spiritual and mystical literature and artworks.

Love your username. 

Hope you find what you're looking for.

@Ecclesiastes thanks for your reply. I've been a fan of some spiritual/mystical literature and art over the years.

From what I've read in this forum, it seems a little "light" and generic, without a lot of personality. That's why I've been reluctant to post all these years. But I'm sure there's all types of people here.

QuietDesperation said:
@Ecclesiastes thanks for your reply. I've been a fan of some spiritual/mystical literature and art over the years.

From what I've read in this forum, it seems a little "light" and generic, without a lot of personality. That's why I've been reluctant to post all these years. But I'm sure there's all types of people here.

Yeah, I had a short stint of posting here, but have since refrained. I check my inbox now and then, but apart from that, this place tends to be a sort of sad cafe for wandering patrons whom never seem to truly connect, despite the common interest (feelings of loneliness) we may share.

Hello QuietDesperation and welcome to the forum site here. I see you're still pretty young, whether you feel it or not, and living in a geographically beautiful area.  So, that should give you some strength and reason to sort through your life's challenges. As for deeming the forums here as light and generic, I'm surprised you draw that conclusion.  I've found a good mix of people and variety of problems raised - though a common theme of anti-social behavior and relationship problems.

While many people struggle to be socially successful and to aquire good relationships, I believe that our self perception is often the weak foundation that inhibits this innate human goal.  And, I've found that people without God's love and guidance in their lives are far more likely to struggle with this.  Most people on this site don't want to consider any Christian perspective as a solution to their life's situation or problems; they just don't understand the connection between the relationship with our Creator and its effect on our relationships with others.  Nor do they appreciate the value of knowing one's self identity, worth, and purpose in life that being a Christian provides.

I maintain that your faith - in the right thing - is the most important concern in life.  It won't prevent the many challenges that life entails, but it'll give you strength and confidence in yourself and proper guidance for dealing with all the people and problems we face.  If you're not on this track and would like to discuss life, problems, and religion more, I'm here to listen and help. I assure you it won't be light or generic.      

I'm very awkward and shy too.
51onxmyTvvL._SY300_.jpg

Sir Joseph said:
As for deeming the forums here as light and generic, I'm surprised you draw that conclusion.  I've found a good mix of people and variety of problems raised - though a common theme of anti-social behavior and relationship problems.

Thanks for your thoughtful response. As I've used this forum more, I've come to see that the posts are not all light or generic at all -  in fact, many of the posts/posters here seem more thoughtful, smart, and articulate than posts on the same subject matter I've seen elsewhere. 

I'm guessing the age group for this forum is higher than on sites that younger people tend to inhabit. Many sites are full of people in their late teens to 20s. I'm not super young - I'm probably on the slightly older side for people who post online. 

Old-fashioned forums like this one do attract an older crowd, overall, than sites like Reddit, or things I'm barely familiar with, like Discord. Forums with a format like this one have been around since the 90s.

I love your username as well. And it's a good practice you've chosen(reading). I hope you find what you are looking for in this forum

So I'm back again as QuietDesperation2.0. I know my previous short-lived experience on this forum wasn't all that, but I have nowhere else to go - having been unsuccessful on other forums/sites. It'll likely be a matter of days before I'll feel the need to leave this forum again.

I never got why people keep deleting their accounts, just leave it there

Latest posts

Back