My girlfriends left me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
We’d been together 5 years.

I loved her.

We FaceTimed each other everyday, on the hour.

We never argued not once in 5 years.

Then two months she did the unthinkable.

She FaceTimed to say ‘you’re pissed again?’, so I think I politely told her go and ‘fcuk off’.

I want her back, constantly texting her to come back, but she’s gone, never to return. 

Was it the chronic alcoholism, was it the fact I hadn’t seen her in six months, did she catch me at 2 am via the magic eye watching Babestation whenever I did see her, was it the fact I was bankrupt, was it the fact I have a small todger and can’t get it up, because I can’t understand for life of me why she left, we we’re in llooovvveeee.

PS it’s a clean break because I’m not in a scrabble completion with her or anything like that.

Unix said:
So? What's the plan?

Spend the rest of life on going woe is me and then saying things life I will always walk the planet alone rather than doing what everyone else does and piss off on match.com.

Seriously though, I’m going to change my will, she didn’t know about it, I never told her, but she would have in line for tens of thousands if I die. My brothers now rubbing him hands.

I’m disappointed in her, it’s the story of my life, she like all women do well out of me, when the bad times roll and every so often they do. It’s a Dear John letter.

Shall we say good riddance to bad rubbish.

I’m 50 years of age, gone are the days when I chase after woman and let’s be honest no woman is ever going to chase after me, not without a nice house, a car and a fancy restaurant awaiting them on the first date and 2 weeks in Majorca every years awaiting them, especially not at 50 years of age, this what they expect I will be able to provide, well if I can’t, what have I been doing with myself all my life?.

Don’t tell me it’s not so, because I have seen it time and time again.

Sorry to here that. But before that time, I'm very sure she would have been given some withdrawal signs which you are not fully aware of

I'm very sorry to hear.

Perhaps it was the chronic alcoholism. How long? Was that just as long as your relationship or was that something that entered in the later days.

You seem smart enough to understand why she might have left. My cynical halve is telling me, and it goes without saying, she may have already found someone else prior of course. Which makes things a lot more colder and easier to just drop suddenly with zero chance of rekindling or compromising. To be fair, sometimes people weigh their options when their needs are not catered to or they feel their partner has changed significantly.

And please take anything I say with a grain of salt as I'm quite the pessimist myself these days.

There's still people your age who feel extremely similar to you. Their equivalent is, no one will find them attractive or desirable, too much family baggage (kids, etc), or I dare say their significant other passed (just few examples). My point is, there are women who feel the same so don't lose hope..... Unless of course you're primarily looking for beauty. Then, I'd say you're right.

Siku said:
I'm very sorry to hear.

Perhaps it was the chronic alcoholism. How long? Was that just as long as your relationship or was that something that entered in the later days.

You seem smart enough to understand why she might have left. My cynical halve is telling me, and it goes without saying, she may have already found someone else prior of course. Which makes things a lot more colder and easier to just drop suddenly with zero chance of rekindling or compromising. To be fair, sometimes people weigh their options when their needs are not catered to or they feel their partner has changed significantly.

And please take anything I say with a grain of salt as I'm quite the pessimist myself these days.

There's still people your age who feel extremely similar to you. Their equivalent is, no one will find them attractive or desirable, too much family baggage (kids, etc), or I dare say their significant other passed (just few examples). My point is, there are women who feel the same so don't lose hope..... Unless of course you're primarily looking for beauty. Then, I'd say you're right.

It was the booze, I lost her to a bottle of vodka, but I still have the cat.

5 years... It's a long time... Did you have plans of officiallizing the relationship? Have kids, too? Maybe she missed that, no? (Maybe it wasn't the alcoholism, or at least not only...)

I'm sorry she's gone. I've lost girlfriends before too.

I guess it was a good question the one someone made before me: So, what's the plan? However, maybe not for you to answer us here, but yourself, I don't know.

(This will thing is short term. I mean, long term.)

Puddled Duck said:
We’d been together 5 years.

I loved her.

We FaceTimed each other everyday, on the hour.

We never argued not once in 5 years.

Then two months she did the unthinkable.

She FaceTimed to say ‘you’re pissed again?’, so I think I politely told her go and ‘fcuk off’.

I want her back, constantly texting her to come back, but she’s gone, never to return. 

Was it the chronic alcoholism, was it the fact I hadn’t seen her in six months, did she catch me at 2 am via the magic eye watching Babestation whenever I did see her, was it the fact I was bankrupt, was it the fact I have a small todger and can’t get it up, because I can’t understand for life of me why she left, we we’re in llooovvveeee.

PS it’s a clean break because I’m not in a scrabble completion with her or anything like that.
Don't give up if truly you love, show her more love.

If she doesn't love him what is the purpose of showing even more love, you would end up looking weak and needy. Sometimes is just better to let things go

I did just about everything in the relationship for years, she couldn’t do a lot she had cerebral palsy.

I’m sick of one way traffic relationships. Always the bloody same.

Too old for this honeysuckle now.

Latest posts

Back