I'm lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GustavusMacer

Reaction score
Hi.

My name is Gustavo (call me Gus, if you will). I'm 43. Live in South America. I don't have brothers or sisters. My cousins are not close at all. I don't have (true) friends. I do have contacts, people who seem to be friends, but they never remember me, nobody ever calls me to anything. I don't make part of anyone's life, except my parents who are old and soon won't be around. I live with them, and my income doesn't allow me to have a place of my own. I'm a bookseller in a small university bookstore. I'm also a Latinist, which is what I studied at university. I still study Latin, and teach private students. I'm not fluent yet. Working on it...

I saw this forum, and it felt like a good idea to subscribe. (Also, it's aesthetically acceptable, because there are message boards that look really unpleasant out there...)

I don't know what is wrong with me. (There must be something wrong, because I don't consider it normal not to have friends, although I don't have any since highschool...) Maybe here I can figure it out. Or not.

See you.
Gus--

Welcome.

Most of us on here don't have friends either. I think it's a variety of factors that plays a part, but you are not alone in your loneliness.

My only friends irl r animals.

t9ull2.jpg

GustavusMacer said:
Hi.

My name is Gustavo (call me Gus, if you will). I'm 43. Live in South America. I don't have brothers or sisters. My cousins are not close at all. I don't have (true) friends. I do have contacts, people who seem to be friends, but they never remember me, nobody ever calls me to anything. I don't make part of anyone's life, except my parents who are old and soon won't be around. I live with them, and my income doesn't allow me to have a place of my own. I'm a bookseller in a small university bookstore. I'm also a Latinist, which is what I studied at university. I still study Latin, and teach private students. I'm not fluent yet. Working on it...

I saw this forum, and it felt like a good idea to subscribe. (Also, it's aesthetically acceptable, because there are message boards that look really unpleasant out there...)

I don't know what is wrong with me. (There must be something wrong, because I don't consider it normal not to have friends, although I don't have any since highschool...) Maybe here I can figure it out. Or not.

See you.
Gus--

Hi Gus,
    I too have not any friends since high school. I think though it's because everyone kinda just got busy with their lives -including me. After a recent failed relationship though, it made me realize that I truly don't have friends to turn to. I don't think anything is wrong with you, but I don't have any advice to help since I cannot even help myself! LOL

Most people don't have friends, when it comes down to it. Passed getting pissed or having fun together, you won't see most peoples 'friends' for dust.

Try Panadol and get back to me on that.

If I had no partner Id basically have no friends. My borther is single and has been all his life. Now he leads an incredibly busy social life. Hardly ever at home. So my advice? Be single minded. Get out there. Try everything. Every pub club or social group. Don't spend a minute of self pity at home brooding. People need to know you exist and you are worth knowing.
My bias would a be a Christian related social group but that's up to you.
What is your passion? What gets you excited? If nothing, then can you complain about being lonely? Other people don't want to communicate with passionless bores. And neither do you. Get motivated! Watch Tony Robbins. (oops I hate that guy actually)

I am lamenting in self pity, I guess. To tell me not to do so won't help, maybe... It's part of this, I guess. Because I tried, and I'm tired of it. So there's nothing I can do really. Nor do I intend to. Nor do I have strength to go out anymore. I wouldn't be in an internet forum if I had, I believe...

I love ancient Rome. It isn't much easy to find people interested in this around the globe, really much less so in Brazil. That's okay, I guess. As I said, I've given up trying. I'm just getting used to it, I guess... (Or willing to.)

I'd be less unhappy if I had a better income, which is something I don't see any solutions for either. Anyway...

But thank you for bothering to give an answer anyway... (Thank all of you guys.)

Being financially independent is essential .
It means freedom .
It will give you fulfillment and more time to do what you really want.

Hello, you are welcome. I'm very sure you will see great help here. In your finances, social life, etc. It's an established fact that readers are leaders. There are many post by members that can be of help here. Play around.

Latest posts

Back