:) Good vibes.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naizo

Reaction score
I am now kinda sorta friends with my ex, I like to think of her as my friend not my ex though. She's a very kind and understanding person and it really has helped me get over alot more stuff than anything else. She is able to see things that I can't myself, and is just really nice to me. It feels good. I still of course have some feelings and stuff but, I like to look to the future and not to the past when I can. I'm really proud of how I overcame my jealousy just today, and was able to have a wonderful day.

As far as moving forward, I want to meet someone that likes being around me because I am me, you know? Someone chill. Not someone worried about this or that. Someone I can make laugh just by being myself I hope. I'm not looking, but it is my little dream that keeps me happy to think I might meet someone that just wants me for me one day. Someone that doesn't mind being a little too lazy, doesn't need someone with a super great paying job to support their every little need. Just someone... chill, that enjoys my time. Enjoys a good movie night. It makes me feel warm just thinking about the possibility. I'd like to feel special to someone. :) I think most people here would.

Naizo said:
I am now kinda sorta friends with my ex, I like to think of her as my friend not my ex though. She's a very kind and understanding person and it really has helped me get over alot more stuff than anything else. She is able to see things that I can't myself, and is just really nice to me. It feels good. I still of course have some feelings and stuff but, I like to look to the future and not to the past when I can. I'm really proud of how I overcame my jealousy just today, and was able to have a wonderful day.

As far as moving forward, I want to meet someone that likes being around me because I am me, you know? Someone chill. Not someone worried about this or that. Someone I can make laugh just by being myself I hope. I'm not looking, but it is my little dream that keeps me happy to think I might meet someone that just wants me for me one day. Someone that doesn't mind being a little too lazy, doesn't need someone with a super great paying job to support their every little need. Just someone... chill, that enjoys my time. Enjoys a good movie night. It makes me feel warm just thinking about the possibility. I'd like to feel special to someone. :) I think most people here would.
It is possible Naizo..have faith mate.Your description sounds identical to me lol and a long time has passed and she still seems happy to be with me. :)

Parting ways in a good way and being able to stay friends is an awesome thing. No one knows you better than your ex. Love once shared between two people can form a powerful bond if you work for it.  This post made me smile. ❤️

MissBehave said:
Parting ways in a good way and being able to stay friends is an awesome thing. No one knows you better than your ex. Love once shared between two people can form a powerful bond if you work for it.  This post made me smile. ❤️

Well... it wasn't in a "good way" as far as my part is concerned. I was a toxic ********. This is years now after the fact. I'm just really thankful she is someone who can look beyond my pitfalls and still see the worth in me as a friend and a person. She tries to tell me I am good, wanted, worthy, etc. Sometimes it falls on deaf ears but I always appreciate her efforts. She is really a good friend to me. I was really worried I wouldn't be able to look past my romantic interests in her and would ruin it. I really needed someone to tell me these things, that I'm not some unlovable monster, for any real healing to begin. I have issues, I know. Trust issues, abandonment issues, self esteem, etc etc etc. 

When we first started talking as friends again I was still very much a toxic ******** with certain ideals towards how I viewed her. But I am not that toxic monster. I am someone capable of loving someone without having to be in love with them, cherishing friendship. She hates being put on a pedestal though, and I'm very known to do so. So I try not to shower her with all the attention I would like to, but just appreciate her efforts in helping me be a better person myself.

Sounds like she could see through that toxic behavior, past that bad stuff and into the core of who you are and wait for it to be free again.
Sounds like a great friend. Wish more people was like that.
******** huh? I've acted like a ***** lots of times and it feels so **** nice when someone bothers to have patience with me. ♥️

I would like that.

Slight problem, most women I meet want a holiday partner.

So it’s like ‘will you chill with me’, then it’s like ‘no, but i’ll go scuba diving in the Maldives’.

This went on for 5 years.

Oh and I’m sorry, if any woman goes on a dating site, George Clooney isn’t there waiting for you, it doesn’t matter if you spend five years, possibly your whole life on the site.

MissBehave said:

But it’s his Ex, i’ve got them lying around the East Midlands in great numbers, including a wife. Will any of them lend me a fiver, no!.

By all means work at the relationship with your Ex, but always remember they’re probably shagging someone else.

Naizo said:
MissBehave said:

Well... it wasn't in a "good way" as far as my part is concerned. I was a toxic ********. This is years now after the fact. I'm just really thankful she is someone who can look beyond my pitfalls and still see the worth in me as a friend and a person. She tries to tell me I am good, wanted, worthy, etc. Sometimes it falls on deaf ears but I always appreciate her efforts. She is really a good friend to me. I was really worried I wouldn't be able to look past my romantic interests in her and would ruin it. I really needed someone to tell me these things, that I'm not some unlovable monster, for any real healing to begin. I have issues, I know. Trust issues, abandonment issues, self esteem, etc etc etc. 

When we first started talking as friends again I was still very much a toxic ******** with certain ideals towards how I viewed her. But I am not that toxic monster. I am someone capable of loving someone without having to be in love with them, cherishing friendship. She hates being put on a pedestal though, and I'm very known to do so. So I try not to shower her with all the attention I would like to, but just appreciate her efforts in helping me be a better person myself.

But it’s the whole good person, I’m now a better person than I was and she’s made me see error of my ways. She’s seen the true me.

But it’s sort of your Ex.

Where’s the Porsche, where’s fancy apartment, where’s the gold Amex, where’s the Michelin stared restaurants, where’s the holidays in the Maldives, where’s the Managing Directorship. Personally i’d go nowhere near this woman, because at the rate your going, you’ll end up doing charity work whilst she’s probably skiing in Val d’sere or somewhere.

It’s happened time and time again with me. I’ve ended up no job prospects, they’re on a plane to Thailand or somewhere with their new hubby and usually my money.

Puddled Duck said:
I would like that.

So it’s like ‘will you chill with me’, then it’s like ‘no, but i’ll go scuba diving in the Maldives’.

Oh and I’m sorry, if any woman goes on a dating site, George Clooney isn’t there waiting for you, it doesn’t matter if you spend five years, possibly your whole life on the site.

MissBehave said:

But it’s his Ex, i’ve got them lying around the East Midlands in great numbers, including a wife. Will any of them lend me a fiver, no!.

By all means work at the relationship with your Ex, but always remember they’re probably shagging someone else.

Well.. yeah. 
Ofc she is shagging someone else. 
She is the ex girlfriend.
All shagging responsibilities stop once you part ways. 😇

MissBehave said:
Puddled Duck said:
I would like that.

MissBehave said:

Well.. yeah. 
Ofc she is shagging someone else. 
She is the ex girlfriend.
All shagging responsibilities stop once you part ways. 😇

Let the opening post be on his guard.

Repectfully, I ask that not be a topic for discussion.

For one, obviously she can do what she wants. But thats her personal business and not why I posted here about our friendship.

For two, obviously it bothers me. Im not a genderless, emotionless blob and its both a friend and a woman I still hold feelings for.

I didnt post this here because of my sexual frustration. It was meant to be a good vibes post about friendship. Nothing more.

Latest posts

Back