So which is it then?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
Two theories of a relationship? I’m not personally which holds?.

The sort of dating site theory, a ‘match’, you go onto these sites, all your attributes are put into the site, height, age, smoker, drinker, religion, the list is long, what then you look for in a partner. Then you are matched with someone ‘like you’, the idea being, if you are ‘matched’, then there is a nice fit and in theory’s you should get along fine. Many of these sites state a relationship is essentially enjoying or experiencing ‘things’ together, holidays, having children/family, sex or cats and dogs.

The second theory goes like this, you what does that person sort of ‘want’, then endeavour to meet those ‘wants’, regardless of what you ‘want’ and your partner does exactly the same, it’s sort of a 50/50 thing, in some respects you ‘put yourself out’ for your partner in this instance and they do the same, I guess one advantage here is you experience things that you perhaps never do but this approach may lead yourself ‘going against the grain’ and a possibility of one way traffic.

There might be other theories. But stick to the two.

But which one are generally you?.

the former-of course never having experienced even a single reply let alone a date, i gave up on such fruitless endeavours a long time ago. without a certain baseline of height & facial attractiveness, for men OLD is just an expensive, constant reminder of how undesirable & unwanted one truly is.

Opposite is kind of my thing. ❤
Ofc not to the point where it's 100% cause there has to be some shared interests or whatever.
To much similarities gets way too boring.

mgill said:
the former-of course never having experienced even a single reply let alone a date, i gave up on such fruitless endeavours a long time ago. without a certain baseline of height & facial attractiveness, for men OLD is just an expensive, constant reminder of how undesirable & unwanted one truly is.

But you’re not undesirable and unwanted. Not to me.

MissBehave said:
Opposite is kind of my thing. ❤
Ofc not to the point where it's 100% cause there has to be some shared interests or whatever.
To much similarities gets way too boring.

True.

@mgill Are you that old? What qualifies as old? I'm not that old, but I'm seen as much older than I am IRL. So I suffer from ageism at an age when I shouldn't be remotely suffering from ageism. It's especially bad in my youthful, trendy, materialistic, elitist area.

Latest posts

Back