Time for an upgrade

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humourless

Reaction score
Does this forum';s primitive technology bother you?
Id say youd get much more traffic if you improved it...….
See I wont even get a like for this inciteful post.

Insightful or inciteful? If the latter than I agree. It's a new thread so that in itself makes it 'inciteful' versus the lack of them. Correct me if I'm wrong, people come here for the people and finding what they lack amongst other things. How this site looks really that strong of a factor? And if so,I dare say, are they actually desirable traffic then? Who knows but it certainly is not a redeemable quality.

Would it help? Considering the current state of the forum, it just might and I think the pros will out weight the cons. But, there's still very real problems to consider. The database is so large now due to it's age, to convert or upgrade may become very troublesome. Do we risk losing it ALL for the sake of upgrades? Then people might actually permanently leave. And is it cost effective, will it cause more stress on whatever server it is currently on? Older forums use a lot less bandwidth and put way less stress than newer. Last but certainly not least, maybe no one has any contact with the legitimate administrator or they have no desire to upkeep this site. Perhaps this site is purely only ran by the mods now and they have their hands tied behind their backs... I'm sure it's been thought of by many by now.

Nope not a bit then i love a good classic car so problably not the best to comment. The mods have often stated how much the traffic fluctuates and they've been here forever so i dunno.Anyway look at it now....couple of housewifes with hugs and its piccadilly circus or Times Sqaure i'm sure :)

if anyone is conservative it is me .
But on this i vote for serious change

Well, if anyone is anti-establishment, it's me. And I say any promised change will never happen. Regardless. Your vote is null.

Just Games said:
Nope not a bit then i love a good classic car so problably not the best to comment. The mods have often stated how much the traffic fluctuates and they've been here forever so i dunno.Anyway look at it now....couple of housewifes with hugs and its piccadilly circus or Times Sqaure i'm sure

I know my say is small in comparison but I've been around for 3 years (pay no mind to my registration date), and I'm sure it will fluctuate. However, It's very clear that a lot of long term and very key contributors are not around lately. So, that is still a very real factor to consider. It's what keeps the people here alongside any 'newer' traffic fluctuations. It peaks interest and curiosity when you see veterans. In my opinion, It stimulates the idea that this is a more welcoming, sincere, and worthy of investment, forum. Just trying to look at it from the outside, in. Fudge the numbers.

humourless said:
if anyone is conservative it is me .
But on this i vote for serious change

How much will you pay to pay developers?

Anything "we" asked have costs and consecuences... 😉

Latest posts

Back