Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change
I hope that if I am ever fortunate enough to not be lonely that I never forget where I came from. It seems finding friends can change someone, and not always for the better. I may have a very negative picture of myself in general but I am proud of my morals, I am proud that I have empathy and I am proud of the fact if someone turned to me for help I would do my damnedest to help and not decide I’m too good for them. I hope i never lose that. It makes me sad that some people would trade that for friendship. I hope the amazing people on here get their happiness without ever losing sight of themselves.
"I faced it all and I stood tall,
And did it my way."
I see where you are coming from.

But, and it is a big but, people will use you. For there own means.

That’s a fact of life.

I choose, for the first time in my life and I am 50, what benefits my life. Not what I can do with people.

But it is too late. Too late in the day.

Seen it time and time again.

Morals have not meaning.
(07-07-2019, 07:22 AM)itsmylife Wrote: I hope that if I am ever fortunate enough to not be lonely that I never forget where I came from. It seems finding friends can change someone, and not always for the better. I may have a very negative picture of myself in general but I am proud of my morals, I am proud that I have empathy and I am proud of the fact if someone turned to me for help I would do my damnedest to help and not decide I’m too good for them. I hope i never lose that. It makes me sad that some people would trade that for friendship. I hope the amazing people on here get their happiness without ever losing sight of themselves.

I feel exactly the same as you. I would do anything for a friend in need (if I had any friends that is). I don't understand why people would choose to be lonely by jeopardizing a friendship with someone by thinking about only themselves.
The loneliest people are the kindest.
The saddest people smile the brightest.
The most damaged people are the wisest.
All because they do not wish to see others suffer the way they do.

It takes the smartest individuals to realize there is always more to learn.

“The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace.” Mahatma Gandhi.
I know several people who change their entire view on life based on who they hang out with.  One of them completely abandoned her entire family, only calling when she needs something.  Doing things she vowed never to do.  
It's sad how some people think they have to be someone else to make people like them.  It's not worth losing yourself over.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 68694043_2341967022788228_46455155003665...Ng%3D%3D.2]
I agree with The Real Callie. It isn't worth losing yourself just to be accepted by someone else. It is very late in the day for me to have learned this lesson, but better late than never.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you work, do you talk much to others? Does it change anything? Tealeaf 9 1,795 10-19-2017, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Danielle
  Wondering if things really do change Tealeaf 5 1,858 12-01-2015, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Despicable Me
  When everyone you know wants to change you... TheWallflower 15 2,510 04-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Mr. M
  Thoughts & Things that we can change about our situation IndigoSpace 2 1,547 06-28-2014, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Wanderer145
  My Story so far -- Hoping to change. Evad 1 1,270 06-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Last Post: thelonegamer
  Happiness.. seeking | Continuing like this is something ever going to change? ursa 1 2,776 03-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Last Post: ladyforsaken
  I found this website by googling 'desperate for a change in life' Phantomash 9 3,904 12-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Last Post: AFrozenSoul
  How to change your life from Unlucky to Lucky? Rambo_Muscle 13 12,546 07-17-2012, 04:28 AM
Last Post: MadMonkè
  Is it possible to just change, start anew? Peaches 11 4,370 02-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Last Post: freedom
Cool 2012 year of change Syber Tiger 10 3,430 01-04-2012, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Syber Tiger