Change

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmylife

Reaction score
I hope that if I am ever fortunate enough to not be lonely that I never forget where I came from. It seems finding friends can change someone, and not always for the better. I may have a very negative picture of myself in general but I am proud of my morals, I am proud that I have empathy and I am proud of the fact if someone turned to me for help I would do my damnedest to help and not decide I’m too good for them. I hope i never lose that. It makes me sad that some people would trade that for friendship. I hope the amazing people on here get their happiness without ever losing sight of themselves.

I see where you are coming from.

But, and it is a big but, people will use you. For there own means.

That’s a fact of life.

I choose, for the first time in my life and I am 50, what benefits my life. Not what I can do with people.

But it is too late. Too late in the day.

Seen it time and time again.

Morals have not meaning.

itsmylife said:
I hope that if I am ever fortunate enough to not be lonely that I never forget where I came from. It seems finding friends can change someone, and not always for the better. I may have a very negative picture of myself in general but I am proud of my morals, I am proud that I have empathy and I am proud of the fact if someone turned to me for help I would do my damnedest to help and not decide I’m too good for them. I hope i never lose that. It makes me sad that some people would trade that for friendship. I hope the amazing people on here get their happiness without ever losing sight of themselves.

I feel exactly the same as you. I would do anything for a friend in need (if I had any friends that is). I don't understand why people would choose to be lonely by jeopardizing a friendship with someone by thinking about only themselves.

I know several people who change their entire view on life based on who they hang out with.  One of them completely abandoned her entire family, only calling when she needs something.  Doing things she vowed never to do.  
It's sad how some people think they have to be someone else to make people like them.  It's not worth losing yourself over.

I agree with The Real Callie. It isn't worth losing yourself just to be accepted by someone else. It is very late in the day for me to have learned this lesson, but better late than never.

Latest posts

Back