loneliness and ugliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humourless

Reaction score
Physical ugliness or the feeling of it must be very painful.
i feel ugly sometimes. im overweight anf my skins is showing wear and tear.I dont look good and I sound like a monotone mouse.
but some of you feel much worse than me. Your features more ugly .
im truly sorry to read that. thats awful. may you have your pain eased because your life is very challenging.
i now ferl my complaints are unjustified. i am too lucky to complain

Who has it worse or not doesn’t really matter. Your own issues and problems are important and comparing them to others isn’t necessary. Feel what you feel and...feel ok with that. ❤️

No-one here could complain if every problem had to be ranked and judged accordingly. Almost all our issues are first world problems.

yeah but it is also insensitive to minimise anyones suffering. lonely gomeless people in australia suffer painful lives even if it is first world pain.

It's not about minimizing.  It's about understanding that we all experience things differently.  A homeless person might be more stable and content than a person who has a house, but is alone.  
It just depends on how you deal with it all.  If you let it year you down or if you fight.  No one is the same so while same situations might be worse, that doesn't mean the person in the situation thinks of it that way.  No one knows how the next person copes.

I’m fantastically good looking.

I’m talking Robert Redford good looks.

But I only attract mingers.

Then the mingers leave me.

Could leave me for any reason, not putting the oven on when I get home, forgetting to put sugar in her coffee, any manner of reasons.

And Callie manages to minimise the suffering of homeless people. Congratulations. and she just proved my point

Actually, I didn't. I know several people who are homeless. Some of them are perfectly content with their situation and are working to correct it. Some of them are extremely angry and even though they could have help, they don't take it because they would rather ***** and whine about their situation.
I also know several people who have it all. Friends, money, cars, loving spouse who is not happy at all and would love nothing more than to run away from it all. It's about perspective.

Also, you don't know me, You clearly don't seem to understand what I write, so stop harassing me.

Still think I’m very handsome.

My Nan also thought I was very handsome.

There you go two people can’t be wrong.

Many of the homeless suffer from untreated mental health problems and have backgrounds rife with sometimes quite extreme abuse. At least here that's mostly how it is. They wouldn't know how to take advantage of help that's available. Not surprised either, humourless.

i worked at a homeless shelter for 4 years. Residents were highly appreciative of food and shelter especially in Winter. im all for empowering people so they can get out of ruts. But it is easy to judge when these people issues such as dysfunctional parents and mental health problems are such a burden.

There you go Ardour, you’ve questioned homourless’s understanding of the plight of the homeless. (a raise)

Homourless has worked in a Homeless shelter for 4 years. (a counter raise)

Unless Ardour you can unequivocally state you’ve given a kidney to a homeless person or something, I think he’s got you.

Carry on you pair, I’ve got my entire Sunday entertainment based around this thread.

Puddled Duck said:
There you go Ardour, you’ve questioned homourless’s understanding of the plight of the homeless. (a raise)

Maybe that wasn't clear, but I was referring to his assessment of Callie's comments and agreeing with him. When it comes to housing and job placement the homeless often lack the life skills for it (this in Auckland BTW) because of their backgrounds, mental health issues and substance abuse problems.The only sense of belonging they have comes from living on the street, understandably they don't want to give that up. This isn't blaming them, just pointing out that bootstrap values don't apply to certain groups.

Latest posts

Back