You need to update forum rules so that cater for 2019

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

windowtothesky

No matter what clause you have somewhere on your site terms and conditions, the site owner is fully responsible for not only the upkeep of this site but also the affects that content has on people have as a result of the posts. Currently all audiences and all age groups can view these.

Why has 'Puddled Duck' not been banned for their latest posts?
Why are their posts allowed to still remain?

If it means so much to keep trash like theirs then why not make an example of them and archive the rubbish into an area that provides examples of content not allowed on this site? Better still, in this instance why don't you reach out to the police for assistance before they come to you?

What exactly is missing from the rules?

The reason he hasn't been banned yet is because he hasn't broken the rules enough to warrant a ban. Everyone gets warnings before they are banned unless the offense is completely crossing all the lines. Certain people will eventually be banned, but everyone deserves a chance, whether they are a troll or just a completely horrible person or a regular person that is just fed up with life and what is being told to them. Calling them out only makes them do it more....

TheRealCallie said:

The reason he hasn't been banned yet is because he hasn't broken the rules enough to warrant a ban.  Everyone gets warnings before they are banned unless the offense is completely crossing all the lines.  Certain people will eventually be banned, but everyone deserves a chance, whether they are a troll or just a completely horrible person or a regular person that is just fed up with life and what is being told to them.  Calling them out only makes them do it more....

“Everyone gets warnings before they are banned unless the offence is completely crossing all the lines.”

OK....So I guess a thread entitled ‘I just had sex with my two daughters’ doesn’t cross enough lines?! WTF? Do we need pictures before the guy is banned? This forum is messed...

ringwood said:
TheRealCallie said:

The reason he hasn't been banned yet is because he hasn't broken the rules enough to warrant a ban.  Everyone gets warnings before they are banned unless the offense is completely crossing all the lines.  Certain people will eventually be banned, but everyone deserves a chance, whether they are a troll or just a completely horrible person or a regular person that is just fed up with life and what is being told to them.  Calling them out only makes them do it more....

“Everyone gets warnings before they are banned unless the offence is completely crossing all the lines.”

OK....So I guess a thread entitled ‘I just had sex with my two daughters’ doesn’t cross enough lines?! WTF? Do we need pictures before the guy is banned? This forum is messed...

Well, while I do think that thread is messed up.  He has previously stated that the "daughters" are actually step daughters and are adults. Still messed up, but it changes the context.

MissBehave said:
Rite of passage 🥳

What is? Getting banned?

-- 
As he has done before he was twisting the story of Lot and his family (a Bible story) to troll the forum. Apparently its funny to him. I really don't think anyone is in danger.

There are plenty of people that "should be banned". He got a warning this time. I'm sure eventually he'll get himself banned too.

kaetic said:
MissBehave said:
Rite of passage 🥳

What is? Getting banned?

-- 
As he has done before he was twisting the story of Lot and his family (a Bible story) to troll the forum. Apparently its funny to him. I really don't think anyone is in danger.

There are plenty of people that "should be banned". He got a warning this time. I'm sure eventually he'll get himself banned too.

Just a joke. 
*holding hands up*
😋

windowtothesky said:
 also the affects that content has on people have as a result of the posts. 

So someone posts a thread stating how videogames are evil, a middle aged nutjob reads it and goes to hold up a Best Buy and the site owner is responsible?
Sorry, that's nonsense.
Parents, in the first place, should not let their children read any unfiltered garbage that runs down from the internet in the first place. That is their responsibility, not the site owner's.
If the above were to hapoen, might as well delete FB and youtube wholesale, amount of untrue garbage festering there...

and i thought puddled duck was one of the good guys. hes still more sane than that exhibitionist couple who visited last week. that was gross.

humourless said:
and i thought puddled duck was one of the good guys. hes still more sane than that exhibitionist couple who visited last week. that was gross.

I doubt that was an actual couple. The "woman" only posted once or twice and then only to be picked up by "El Wankador" who wanted to partake with other members (pun!) and exchange nudes. My money's on "guy in his basement after nude girl pics". A dime a dozen everywhere.

No matter what clause you have somewhere on your site terms and conditions, the site owner is fully responsible for not only the upkeep of this site but also the affects that content has on people have as a result of the posts. Currently all audiences and all age groups can view these.

Why has 'Puddled Duck' not been banned for their latest posts?
Why are their posts allowed to still remain?

If it means so much to keep trash like theirs then why not make an example of them and archive the rubbish into an area that provides examples of content not allowed on this site? Better still, in this instance why don't you reach out to the police for assistance before they come to you?

This is a forum, a message board. The best way I can put it, it's freedom of speech with a small moderating team. You try being one person amidst of a large crowd and filter it all out all day with no revenue whatsoever. Notice that there is NO ADS on this site. Show more appreciation instead of anger that people can even still do this somewhere. The owner of this site left it running and continued on with their life. as anyone would if it's something other than for themselves. It's not just some 'abandoned' site where it's free game that can potentially hurt people. It's much more than that. There's been flourishing relationships and healing just as much as there has been pain and twisted views.

While I agree with your point, you also have to realize this is the internet. You aren't hiding anyone from anything and to filter such things strictly on a forum is very redundant. Sheltering someone from the world has strong lasting effects just as much as seeing something twisted. It's the PARENT's job to teach their children how to filter it, not hide them from it because they will eventually see it either way.

And why is everyone pointing fingers all over the place on here lately... instead of our ******* selves or the shitty world we live in....

What you've said, would you tirelessly do such a thing for free?? And before you say YES, think ahead of how long before that diminishes and feels like it's in vain. It'll feel like you're fighting a losing battle. So, please, be fair-minded about all this.

Richard_39 said:
humourless said:

I doubt that was an actual couple. The "woman" only posted once or twice and then only to be picked up by "El Wankador" who wanted to partake with other members (pun!) and exchange nudes. My money's on "guy in his basement after nude girl pics". A dime a dozen everywhere.

I agree. I got the same vibe. It was either someone with a weird vicarious fetish or a troll with a weird vicarious fetish. :D

Is there not enough censorship on the internet already? Maybe someone ranting and typing nonsense is their way of dealing with troubled times.
I only signed up two weeks ago and from what i can see only a few people type anything.
Sometimes i think the internet is what causes a lot of the loneliness that many feel.

I haven’t got two daughters, I’ve got no natural offspring only 3 step children.

It’s Lot that had the two daughters.

https://www.bibleodyssey.org/en/places/related-articles/lot-and-his-daughters

The posts are taken from the Bible

ringwood said:

It’s a story from the Bible!.

It was a Sunday, I was doing bible study, spend my Sundays devoted to the bible. Well I’m a ‘faded’ Jehovah’s Witness.

Tune in next Sunday for more bible study.

I’ve got a classic lined up for you next week.

Latest posts

Back