I can't afford (my own place, et cetera)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GustavusMacer

Reaction score
I've been looking for a new job since 2015... This year I intensified the search, but I'm too **** slow at it. I wish I were quicker...

My credit card has a really low range. I tried to buy something a little (not much, but a little) more expensive recently on Amazon.com, all right. It was rejected. I thought it would be, it was a couple of quids above my limit, but I tried it anyway... Maybe I shouldn't have... I felt bad about it...

I've been thinking about making a virtual bank account (there are these banks now...), there's one which gives you credit limits above those a regular bank would give me. I haven't had the guts though. Also, it's vacation time at the university campus where I work, so, very probably my boss will delay my payment, as it has been happening on campus vacations... So, I'd better wait now...

I'm not sure what to say other than never spend money you don't have, even if it's only a little more. Credit cards are extremely rigid on limits and you could get slapped with a fee for trying to go over that limit.

Also, if you don't NEED it, chances are, you shouldn't be buying it, especially if you don't have the money.

Yeah when your job doesn't really pay you enough to live and then they mess with your paychecks, I think credit looks like a good solution... And if it's only temporary, maybe it is. Just be careful you don't create a bigger problem for yourself.

Good luck finding that new job btw.

Guzheng said:
Best wishes finding a new job Gus. What kind of job are you looking for?

I would love to get a better job than what I'm looking for right now, but for the moment I'm looking for another one like the one I have, that might pay a little better (which won't happen in my current one). I'm a bookseller. The bookstore I work at is too small though. I'd like to go to a bigger one.

I'd like I could work at a publisher, but I can't find a way into something like that...

Thanks for the support.

Latest posts

Back