Top 5 Sanest People on Lonely Life Forums

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheSkaFish said:
Siku said:
Being here and self-proclaiming you don't have mental issues is a clear indicator that you in-fact, DO.
STOP and analyze YOUR OWN feelings and projections you create...

And if you strongly feel I'm doing this for selfish reasons or to only help myself when you read this, you're doing it wrong and only proving my point further. Read again, please.

I'm not sure if this post is in response to my post, since it comes right after my post.  But I was just goofing around with the posts I made on this thread.  Partially just to do it, and also in response to....certain things.

No. Hardly at you at all. Sorry for not clarifying. It's just something I've had bottled up until now and is a general observation.

To be perfectly honest. I'm going through my own significant inner turmoil and self reflection right now that has me being more vigilant with my views that I find to be not perfect (none are), but as open as I can personally possibly be with my own experience and limitations. If that makes any sense. So yeah, I feel and understand the "response to....certain things".

Siku said:
Being here and self-proclaiming you don't have mental issues is a clear indicator that you in-fact, DO.

Not all loneliness is caused by mental issues.  People can be isolated geographically, sidelined by disability or called to professional, family or cultural duty.  It's a forum for the lonely... which is no more a mental issue than hunger.

My work here is done, said the projector detector.   :O)

harper said:
Siku said:

Not all loneliness is caused by mental issues.  People can be isolated geographically, sidelined by disability or called to professional, family or cultural duty.  It's a forum for the lonely... which is no more a mental issue than hunger.

Do you really want to do this, right now?

We're both defending and over-explaining ourselves are we not? Why feel compelled to otherwise? I think you question my compassion and empathy quite often and feel I don't try to place myself in other people's shoes when I do constantly. I don't question yours, but rather, I see it's half-way there that's when I feel compelled to say what I do. Not because I want to deem you wrong. You see my advice as something else entirely from the point, and that says a lot in itself. So yes, there's my unfiltered observation. Not strictly a projection. I am not you. You are not me.

Isolation and loneliness cause mental issues over time just as much as they welcome it. You are looking at it as the source of loneliness and not exploring the idea that it's something that can be formed later in life as well. I'm stating that all of us being here and how we react to everything here, shows that it's there. I never once said or tried to make anyone think I'm "higher" or better. Stop projecting that on me please. I'm promoting stimulation, at least I'm trying to without people seeing it wrongly.

And please, stop being so certain that I am not looking at myself under the guide that you are. You are clearly emotionally triggered. Not far off from myself. I at least admit to my problems. How about you?

Emotes. Why are they there? For either showing non-hostility, hiding insecurity, or in hopes their words aren't seen wrongly. That is a few examples as to why we use them. Therefore, it shows we are over-thinking or caring what the other person thinks or feels more than we actually 'need to'. Rarely is it because we think it's purely a social thing to do. If it were, then why isn't everyone doing it? I think for us both, it's more that we don't want to hurt anyone. And please, correct me if I'm wrong. I am being vigilant and standing up for what I am seeing clearly in-front of me, not guessing or assuming. I'm sorry if some people don't like the transparency.

Siku said:
harper said:
Siku said:

Do you really want to do this, right now?

We're both defending and over-explaining ourselves are we not? Why feel compelled to otherwise? I think you question my compassion and empathy quite often and feel I don't try to place myself in other people's shoes when I do constantly. I don't question yours, but rather, I see it's half-way there that's when I feel compelled to say what I do. Not because I want to deem you wrong. You see my advice as something else entirely from the point, and that says a lot in itself. So yes, there's my unfiltered observation. Not strictly a projection. I am not you. You are not me.

Isolation and loneliness cause mental issues over time just as much as they welcome it. You are looking at it as the source of loneliness and not exploring the idea that it's something that can be formed later in life as well. I'm stating that all of us being here and how we react to everything here, shows that it's there. I never once said or tried to make anyone think I'm "higher" or better. Stop projecting that on me please. I'm promoting stimulation, at least I'm trying to without people seeing it wrongly.

And please, stop being so certain that I am not looking at myself under the guide that you are. You are clearly emotionally triggered. Not far off from myself. I at least admit to my problems. How about you?

Let's do this.  Not a big deal at all.

I don't remember criticizing you for your advisement of others... if you can show me examples, I'll happily cop to it.  It just doesn't seem like something I'd care enough about to do.  When I do post, it's generally to the OP about his/her problem.  May be wrong-- show me. 

I don't think you're "higher or better" than anyone.  I'll need to see where I gave you that idea.

I'm not "triggered" or even slightly emotional.  I'm eating lunch, reading the mail. Again, I'll need to see what makes you say this.  I may have given the wrong impression somehow, but my words don't seem to indicate it.

I was simply pointing out that this is a forum for the lonely-- not for those with mental issues.  Both can exist simultaneously, one as an effect of the other... but not necessarily.  You seem to feel otherwise, for some reason.

I use the :O) because I thought I made a clever little quip. It was for me... not you. I think you must be mixing me up with one or more other posters, Siku. You seem pretty het up about a lot of things I never said or did.

Siku said:
TheSkaFish said:
Siku said:

And if you strongly feel I'm doing this for selfish reasons or to only help myself when you read this, you're doing it wrong and only proving my point further. Read again, please.

I'm not sure if this post is in response to my post, since it comes right after my post.  But I was just goofing around with the posts I made on this thread.  Partially just to do it, and also in response to....certain things.

No. Hardly at you at all. Sorry for not clarifying. It's just something I've had bottled up until now and is a general observation.

To be perfectly honest. I'm going through my own significant inner turmoil and self reflection right now that has me being more vigilant with my views that I find to be not perfect (none are), but as open as I can personally possibly be with my own experience and limitations. If that makes any sense. So yeah, I feel and understand the "response to....certain things".

I gotcha.  We're cool  :cool:

And yeah....what's more, I see those "certain things" remain unresolved, creeping in the shadows, brave as ever.  Then again, what else did I expect?  Justice? Empathy? Sense?  LOL! Not on this watch...

Anyway.

As far as all this goes, from both you, Siku, and Harper, I haven't seen anything bad from either of you.  You both seem like decent people to me.  I feel like all of this was some kind of misunderstanding, some trip that started on the wrong foot and just kept going but if we all stopped to chill I think we'd see that neither of us is a real bad guy.  We're all reasonable people here.

Just my $0.02

harper said:
I use the :O) because I thought I made a clever little quip.  It was for me... not you.  I think you must be mixing me up with one or more other posters, Siku.  You seem pretty het up about a lot of things I never said or did.
Okay. I apologize for reading your emotes wrongly.

I think you forget when we initially interacted for the first time on here, harper. First impressions are not fair but they are strong and can plant seeds. I saw you conveyed a strong emotion back then towards a member here and then you channeled it towards me for trying to simply defend the guy fairly. So, please, stop making me seem like a crazy person and deflecting now to appear humble.

Okay. Let's go higher yet simpler then.

I'm crazy, but you're "normal". Please. Define normal.

That debate... Do you not see a problem with this logic and the under-lining cause and source of this very discussion.... and why I react and defend misunderstanding on here so **** much? I see both sides. I defend the one that is feeling more hurt and to stop the side that causes the hurt. But, both sides end up hurting in the end... and becoming what they hate without realizing it. The side that can handle it more is usually the side that dishes it out the most without realizing it. The hurt eventually lash out in defense and the other begins to hurt in the process. The hurt attracts one another. THAT is what and WHY I do what I do. It is nothing more. I am not here to make either of us look worse or say one side is more wrong than the other. We are all in the same in this stupid uncontrollable blame game. Accepting... That's all it's ******* been about! We can't because we ALL take things wrongly because we're all damaged in different ways. Again. We ALL are. Including me! Don't make other people feel lesser because you don't want to.

I am only here to help and hope I am accepted and welcomed, and most importantly, loved, in the process! So no, it's not 100% selfless but it is still pure actions and deeds. There, I'm naked now. Enjoy my transparency as you pretend to not be emotionally bothered by any rebuttals and even vent like the rest of us do.... As I sit here continuously bearing my all in pure hopes I reach people... Is my entire, point! And some will see my outburst as a crazy person and not what it is, an emotional person with passion. There's this false notion that you can't be rational and emotional. There is in-fact a possible balance in the two and the best word I can explain for such a thing. Is, compassion. But it needs to be paired with truth in order to actually spread.

I've acknowledge that I am in-fact an over-thinker and far from perfect. However, don't hypocritically disrespect my views because they don't align to yours. You only simply correct or condescend in replies, which implies you are either hurt or stern in your beliefs. You don't feel the need to explain it. Only state it. Think of how that looks? The 180 change in behavior. How I conveyed mine with the approach of extending off of others is a sign of respect and despite that and my over-explaining it's still seen wrongly. Yet, I'm made out to be the only over-thinker. Actually, you might me right. I over think, you stick to your age and knowledge. Ever consider that a deep thinker is absorbing life lesson faster? I can't take a step back with this because any step back will be a large one and we'll go back to doing this again in another topic here as two people misunderstand one another.

And Yes, I'm clearly hurt for being pegged as being crazy when I know I'm not. However, I am also here choosing to no longer let outside influences determine who and what I am but while still making sure I think long and hard before my determination in hopes of further growth. You have to find balance in that as well. That's where I feel I lost you... and I keep trying to get through to you with.... Getting locked in your own box of knowledge and experience instead of trying to figure people out through raw behaviors that constant occur here, instead. Times and people change, as well. Advice should not be out cloning yourself, or thinking only your advice will work. That's why stimulation and guidance is a more sufficient 'working' advice counsel. Especially towards broken individuals.

I am not going to call someone who has possibly been through something traumatic and the behavior that follows it, approached as 'problem that needs fixing'. You've said and very much implied "problem" on many occasions. No, it's a very real and hard to understand hurt that needs healing. Congrats on anyone that does, in causing more alienating and more of yourself in stating such things to people you simply do not understand and just lived a different life entirely. That made them the way that they are, not chose to be. :)

This forum and seeing these constant back and forth behaviors that are just two people seeing each other wrongly, and my overwhelming need to try to get people to see it, is what is keeping me from feeling SANE.

TheSkaFish said:
Siku said:
TheSkaFish said:
Siku said:

I'm not sure if this post is in response to my post, since it comes right after my post. But I was just goofing around with the posts I made on this thread.  Partially just to do it, and also in response to....certain things.

I gotcha.  We're cool  :cool:

And yeah....what's more, I see those "certain things" remain unresolved, creeping in the shadows, brave as ever.  Then again, what else did I expect?  Justice?  Empathy?  Sense?  LOL!  Not on this watch...

Anyway.

As far as all this goes, from both you, Siku, and Harper, I haven't seen anything bad from either of you.  You both seem like decent people to me.  I feel like all of this was some kind of misunderstanding, some trip that started on the wrong foot and just kept going but if we all stopped to chill I think we'd see that neither of us is a real bad guy.  We're all reasonable people here.

Just my $0.02

Thank you, Ska. :)

Yeah... Those shadows that even if they're discussed you're easily pegged as a conspiracy nut. Amirite? ;)

I appreciate that, and I know you're just trying to help and de-escalate. It's very kind of you and for what it's worth, I like you both a lot. I'm not trying to fight here, just stimulate growth. No worries, I know I sound emotional but it's purely passion not hatred and I'm sure he means no ill either. I promise. :D

That is cute and
so-sweet-comment.gif

Siku said:
I'm crazy, but you're "normal". Please. Define normal.

That debate... Do you not see a problem with this logic and the under-lining cause and source of this very discussion.... and why I react and defend misunderstanding on here so **** much?

Had to cut all the rest of the text because it's getting too hard to see who wrote what. 

IAC, I think you're right to recognize that you overthink things.  Probably can't stress that enough in this very thread.  You've elaborated what I said into... whatever all this is.  

I never even hinted that I thought you were crazy.  Wasn't even thinking about you at all-- just correcting your curious assertion about mental issues.

As for the lounge lizard thread... I had no idea we'd 'clashed' there, and it's not a big deal if we did.  The guy was advertising some kind of "pick up hot chicks" program, and I apparently chased him away.  If you defended him, I simply assumed you're clueless.  Spam is Spam, as it always has been.

I try to choose my words carefully to avoid hidden meanings or implications.  I suggest that you read them as carefully, without elaboration.

1. Finished
2. Finished
3. Iseestars
4. Finished
5. Finished

^ Oh... Is that.... Is that my name over there? : D Thank you! : D

I know this is a bit off-topic but Hazed and Amy you're so kind... : ) And I think you make a great team. : )

Finished said:
Hazed said:
1. Finished
2. Finished
3. Iseestars
4. Finished
5. Finished

Ha! Ha! All I've got to say about that is Hazed is a genius! Ha! ha! I just have to find a frame now.

I considered adding you to my list...but that line so **** thin :club:

Latest posts

Back