Single

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GustavusMacer

Reaction score
I thought I'd have wife and kids by now...

But no.

A few years ago (almost three) I met a woman. Almost married her within weeks. That's how needy I am. Luckily (in this case) it didn't work. She got crazy, and I got bold enough to end it. It was the first time I ended a relationship. (The previous ones they ended.)

I haven't been in many relationships.

Sometimes I think life would be possible with a girl. But as I get older and older, and as my life doesn't seem to move on, I begin to get a little without faith I'll ever have someone. This makes me sad.

I'm married with kids. If I could choose I would go back and change it. I can't believe how different I am from my family. I think they make my loneliness worse.

You're better off alone than being with the wrong person.

Married life doesn't cure loneliness. I am married to my best friend, and at the end of the he is my favorite person and he is always there. But he and I share different passions in life, and I wish I had someone to at least talk to about mine. He listens to me, but we can never have a deep conversation about it because he doesn't have the background knowledge I do.

I need to go make friends outside of him.

Nicolelt said:
Married life doesn't cure loneliness. I am married to my best friend, and at the end of the he is my favorite person and he is always there. But he and I share different passions in life, and I wish I had someone to at least talk to about mine. He listens to me, but we can never have a deep conversation about it because he doesn't have the background knowledge I do.

I need to go make friends outside of him.
This pretty much except i cherish the ground my wife walks on and we do have interests in common but we also like to be independent from each other.I have no friends really but who gives a honeysuckle  i just need one and i feel blessed.So don't give up Gustav i really hope you find the one.

I just wish I had someone.

Whatever you may say, if you are married, you have someone at your side (like it or not), and you are not alone. When you're ill, there's someone around. When you die, there will be someone to find you there before a couple of days pass and someone breaks in the house to see what happened...

GustavusMacer said:
I just wish I had someone.

Whatever you may say, if you are married, you have someone at your side (like it or not), and you are not alone. When you're ill, there's someone around. When you die, there will be someone to find you there before a couple of days pass and someone breaks in the house to see what happened...

Not always true.  When my ex was still here, he worked 12 hour days and after work he preferred the bar to coming home.  I rarely saw him and when I did, he was drunk.  He never cared if I was sick, I still had to do everything because he was an alcoholic ******* who only cared about himself.  So yeah, what you say is not always true. He was not at my side.  He was off with whores and alcohol.

TheRealCallie said:
Not always true.  When my ex was still here, he worked 12 hour days and after work he preferred the bar to coming home.  I rarely saw him and when I did, he was drunk.  He never cared if I was sick, I still had to do everything because he was an alcoholic ******* who only cared about himself.  So yeah, what you say is not always true. He was not at my side.  He was off with whores and alcohol.

Ok. Some people aren't lucky with marriage. It's not the majority though.

GustavusMacer said:
I thought I'd have wife and kids by now...

But no.

A few years ago (almost three) I met a woman. Almost married her within weeks. That's how needy I am. Luckily (in this case) it didn't work. She got crazy, and I got bold enough to end it. It was the first time I ended a relationship. (The previous ones they ended.)

I haven't been in many relationships.

Sometimes I think life would be possible with a girl. But as I get older and older, and as my life doesn't seem to move on, I begin to get a little without faith I'll ever have someone. This makes me sad.

Be the person you can be?.

Don’t define your life in terms of someone else.

Latest posts

Back