Never been in a relation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rashi2Learn

Reaction score
I turned 25 two months ago and realized that I had never been in a relationship. I'm always either shy or would flirt with girls and just when it is about to turn into a relationship, I pull out because I'm afraid I'd get hurt. I don't know if it has to do with my dysfunctional family. I grew up watching my parents fight every single day. It seems that I never had and will never have the courage to get into a relationship. Now my friends are happily married, it sucks. I feel alone, sad, and helpless all the time

Rashi2Learn said:
I turned 25 two months ago and realized that I had never been in a relationship. I'm always either shy or would flirt with girls and just when it is about to turn into a relationship, I pull out because I'm afraid I'd get hurt. I don't know if it has to do with my dysfunctional family. I grew up watching my parents fight every single day. It seems that I never had and will never have the courage to get into a relationship. Now my friends are happily married, it sucks. I feel alone, sad, and helpless all the time

How's that possible?  Everyone is aware of what's going on with their lives.
Anyway, be glad that you can, at least, make relationships, I'm 29 and feel like a ghost whenever I'm around people.

Rashi2Learn said:

Try not to beat yourself up too much, you're probably right about the root cause of your shyness.  Have you thought about therapy/counseling?  I suggest this not because there's anything wrong with your situation, but because a professional is uniquely qualified for giving you an expert & objective 3rd party, guidance and diagnosis about any underlying fears, tips on breaking thru any barriers, etc.  If you decide on therapy, be patient and make sure you pick one that fits for you.  If want to face this without the professional help, first try to be easy on yourself--we're always our worst critics and second, try to expose yourself in small doses to situations that cause you to withdraw.  Hopefully you can get out there enough that you'll start to see that the world won't implode, that the other humans in the room are just as insecure (usually more so) than you.
Prayers bro.

SirBacon said:
Rashi2Learn said:

Try not to beat yourself up too much, you're probably right about the root cause of your shyness.  Have you thought about therapy/counseling?  I suggest this not because there's anything wrong with your situation, but because a professional is uniquely qualified for giving you an expert & objective 3rd party, guidance and diagnosis about any underlying fears, tips on breaking thru any barriers, etc.  If you decide on therapy, be patient and make sure you pick one that fits for you.  If want to face this without the professional help, first try to be easy on yourself--we're always our worst critics and second, try to expose yourself in small doses to situations that cause you to withdraw.  Hopefully you can get out there enough that you'll start to see that the world won't implode, that the other humans in the room are just as insecure (usually more so) than you.
Prayers bro.
thank you

Rashi2Learn said:

You’ve been in loads of relationships, tons of them.

You’ve just never been married.

Latest posts

Back