I feel so very, very unlovable.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naizo

Reaction score
Why do I keep getting used.

For my love, my attention, my devotion.

And then thrown away.

You just wanted to feel wanted. fresia you.

Naizo said:

And then thrown away.

[font=Raleway, serif]We all go through those painful moments in life where we get down about ourselves. If you start feeling like you’re unlovable, please remember you Are lovable - no matter how you’re feeling, who has used you or is putting you down…[/font]

[font=Raleway, serif]Enter new relationships with caution and prayer; set boundaries. Do you have a support system? If so, reach out to them for love, support and guidance. Sending love and hugs.[/font]

Hi Naizo,

I've been in the same place as you in the past. The key thing to remember is that as a decent, helpful, devoted sort of person you are already very loveable. If someone has failed to appreciate you, it's their loss.

I was dumped pretty coldly and swiftly about five years ago by a girl I'd known for 11 years. She had all kinds of troubles including massive debts. I helped her out every which way I could, in the end frittering away my savings to try and bail her out. Then she skipped off into the mists as though we'd been a two-week fling.

As hard as it was to take at the time, I'm now married with a house and a great job etc. I'm with someone who appreciates my caring and loving qualities.

Please be as positive as you can and remember not to lose your good nature because of someone who was foolish enough not to appreciate it.

Naizo said:

And then thrown away.

Hi, Naizo

For all you will give, there will always be someone willing to take. Sometimes, it helps to be more reserved until you know a person. Give, but not too much or at least only give what you can without feeling an attachment to it. Time will tell if a person is your friend. 

I know that feeling of being taken advantage of because I have always gone headlong into doing everything I can for someone. I have learned that it is easier for me to do things on a smaller scale if I think I am being taken advantage of. You can give someone respect, but trust must be earned. 

Words without actions mean nothing. Anyone can tell you they care, but the proof is in the pudding. 

I guess, if I could say anything, it would be this. You are a caring person. You deserve to be treated with the same respect and caring. There are people like you in the world. When someone is selfish or uses us, it doesn't reflect on us. If someone used you, it wasn't about you. You were to them another number. Another person to take advantage of. The problem is with them and their mentality.  Your part may have been, as my part has in the past been, to trust someone before they earned it. 

of course, only you can say what is right for you. I only hope that you won't be hard on yourself. 

May you know happiness,
May you be well, 
May you be at peace.

Latest posts

Back