wound up and shaky

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violette0033

Reaction score
I stopped taking one of my mood stabilizers cold turkey, which is turning out to not be such a good idea. now I'm shaky on the inside and my mind is tumbling around a bit, like a washing machine. and I'm IMing with a friend, which will soon end and I'll be lonelier than before.

I think author Richard Bach ("Jonathing Livingston Seagull," "Illusions"") wrote that anyone can get used to being alone/lonely, but if you break if for an instant, you have to start all over getting used to it.

Which is to say ... yuck. and I want off my meds (3 for depression) b/c they make me lethargic and exhausted and gaining weight; a lot. And it's "that time of month" and weight gain makes me even more self-loathing than usual.

And I'm just sad and lonely and facing a weekend of nothing, as always.

Unacceptance said:
Hi?

What is your favorite food?

This has nothing to do with the weight gain, I am just curious.

At the moment, my favorite food is Nutella, which (if you don't have it around where you live) is hazelnut spread with cocoa, so like chocolate peanut butter.

Hey Violette!

I've read that it's not a good idea to come off depression meds cold turkey.. That it's better to talk to your doctor and work out a "coming off" plan where you take less and less of the meds, until you don't have to take any. I would think that is easier for your body to cope with, so you wouldn't be feeling so shaky and tumbly.

I think it's great though that you want to come off the meds, and I really hope you can do well without them. Just take care of yourself, and listen to your body. If you feel too unwell, please contact your doctor. I'm not a fan of doctors, but in your case I wouldn't want you to get ill from coming off the meds, if you know what I mean.

Wish you all the best xoxo

hey darling, i would very much advise going with oceanmist's advice. i'm not
aure where you live but i can talk to people for free in canada and the US
by way of phone. ;D or if you're too nervous using the phone you can talk to me
here and pm me C:

Whoa, I went off of my depression med. against doctor's order. Not a good idea.
The withdraws were narely.
yeah..mind altering meds sucks. It turned me into a robot.

I'm no longer on any type medications but I had to get therapy.
Plus I also had to work a living program and alot of other issues.

I still get anxiety attacks every so often. For no particular reasons.
It's just the chemicle in my brain.
The attacks are far , fewer apart. Don't last as long .
Never the less, it's still pretty crazy.
It last for a couple of hours..so i just need to chill.

In the pass, I use to go into a deep depression from weeks to months.
So I needed sometype of medications to stablized me enough for me to
get into thrapy and learn copping skills.

I'm sorry you feel sad.

Yeah, I am against meds too, more of counselling. Humm, maybe you should try getting someone to talk to? Haha, by the way, nutella is delicious yummy spread.....haha chocolate is the most wonderful stuff in the world...it cures depression, sadness, flu, fever, everything .....lol well at least for me.

Violette0033 said:
I stopped taking one of my mood stabilizers cold turkey, which is turning out to not be such a good idea. now I'm shaky on the inside and my mind is tumbling around a bit, like a washing machine. and I'm IMing with a friend, which will soon end and I'll be lonelier than before.

I think author Richard Bach ("Jonathing Livingston Seagull," "Illusions"") wrote that anyone can get used to being alone/lonely, but if you break if for an instant, you have to start all over getting used to it.

Which is to say ... yuck. and I want off my meds (3 for depression) b/c they make me lethargic and exhausted and gaining weight; a lot. And it's "that time of month" and weight gain makes me even more self-loathing than usual.

And I'm just sad and lonely and facing a weekend of nothing, as always.

How is the weekend going so far?

Latest posts

Back