So lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basten

Reaction score
I'm 70 female and am so lonely. I don't have any friends. I suffer with depression too. All I do most days is sit and watch Tv and the weekends are worse when there's nothing on all day. I suffer from agrophobic a bit too. Don't want to see or meet people as even then I feel anxious and alone. I'd like to meet a penpals on here whose in the same situation to chat to and message.

I could be your penpal. Send me a private message if you would like to.

Basten said:
I'm 70 female and am so lonely. I don't have any friends. I suffer with depression too. All I do most days is sit and watch Tv and the weekends are worse when there's nothing on all day. I suffer from agrophobic a bit too. Don't want to see or meet people as even then I feel anxious and alone. I'd like to meet a penpals on here whose in the same situation to chat to and message.

Hello. Is Basten your name? Do we call you Basten, Miss/Ms. Basten?...

I'm Gustavo, I live in Rio, Brazil. I work in a bookshop (or a bookstore, as they say in the US...). So, what about books, do you consider reading?

What happened that you came to be so lonely? Do you have any family, sons/daughters, nephews/nieces? neighbours? Do you live in a house or in a flat? Is there noone around you could exchange any thoughts?

I don't like tv. Tv is not a good company. Movies, sometimes on tv for me, and that's all. Only bad news, and mean people doing mean stuff in soap operas... (Well, this particularly is worse in Brazil...)

If you'd like to write me, that'd be ok.

Hi Basten. I'm not in the same boat as you because I have a penis. That's not bragging although I can see where some might think so. Have you kept your sense of humor? I hope so! :cool:
Take care and if you don't mind middle-age(49) kookiness, feel free to message me.

Basten said:

You watch TV, lucky you.

Basten, you've come to a good place where several people like the ones above will accept and support you.  I hope some chats here will give you some of the social interaction you desparately need.  I offer another perspective.

While I appreciate the entertainment value of watching TV, I think most of us would agree that doing it as an escape from life or other engagements with people is counter productive.  But how can you force yourself to go out, get involved, and build relationships?  I'd suggest that a change of heart is needed to provide such motivation.

I don't know you, your heart, or your values, but I think this video on life's purpose applies to everyone and is worth your time.  Give it a watch and let me know if you want more.

...most of us would agree that doing it as an escape from life or other engagements with people is counter productive. said:
Basten, you've come to a good place where several people like the ones above will accept and support you.  I hope some chats here will give you some of the social interaction you desparately need.  I offer another perspective.

While I appreciate the entertainment value of watching TV, I think most of us would agree that doing it as an escape from life or other engagements with people is counter productive.  But how can you force yourself to go out, get involved, and build relationships?  I'd suggest that a change of heart is needed to provide such motivation.

I don't know you, your heart, or your values, but I think this video on life's purpose applies to everyone and is worth your time.  Give it a watch and let me know if you want more.

Well, I guess many ppl at that age would get retire, economically less productive or sick of loneliness.I agree on what Joseph and Gustavo said, comercial TV is not a good friend, except you watched the movies YOU do like.LatAm has too many soup operas and, since I paid a visit my Mom, I'm getting used to watch what she sees on TV (there's a colombian soap opera Named "Zumba", and probably I'll stay will Mom to laugh a little).On the othe side, "social" websites should be acknowledged as "asocial"; yet they're clean and cheaper that meeting real ppl, whatever happens, you'll see who is who...When I got EMOTIONALLY divorced, physically detached from the one I slept, the internet served me a lot to vent my rants (I met personally several women I loved)

Please, do not isolate... Go find your ppl and ways.

Diagnosed said:
Well, I guess many ppl at that age would get retire, economically less productive or sick of loneliness.I agree on what Joseph and Gustavo said, comercial TV is not a good friend, except you watched the movies YOU do like.LatAm has too many soup operas and, since I paid a visit my Mom, I'm getting used to watch what she sees on TV (there's a colombian soap opera Named "Zumba", and probably I'll stay will Mom to laugh a little).On the othe side, "social" websites should be acknowledged as "asocial"; yet they're clean and cheaper that meeting real ppl, whatever happens, you'll see who is who...When I got EMOTIONALLY divorced, physically detached from the one I slept, the internet served me a lot to vent my rants (I met personally several women I loved)

Please, do not isolate... Go find your ppl and ways.

giphy.gif

Latest posts

Back