Friendship (will reply to you here .....)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian7878

Reaction score
I am a 58 yo gentleman who is willing to share my life's journey and experiences with you (if you are willing to ask what's in your mind).

Let's set out our expectations first .....
1. I am single. Divorced in 4 yrs ago cos wife was having an affair.
2. I don't smoke or drink alcohol.... so may not be helpful if you want to discuss these issues.
3. If you are:
     a. Below 21 : talk about education
     b. 21 - 30 : talk about career
     c. 31 - 40 : family/children 
     d. 40 & above : retirement & other

I am at the moment traveling and may add interesting stories if I come across any. Just came back from Bangkok,  Thailand. 

See you.

I’m 50 and effectively retired under health grounds.

Retirement is a life on (piss poor) benefits.

Puddled Duck said:

Be positive and take a day at a time.

I had my retirement planned when I first started my career. At 54 yo had a medical misadventure that landed me in coma (2 years). Woke up and needed 1 year of physiotherapy  to help me reach this stage : walk, talk and drive. Had traveled to 3 countries since I recovered 60% of mobility.

Adrian7878 said:
Puddled Duck said:

Be positive and take a day at a time.

I had my retirement planned when I first started my career. At 54 yo had a medical misadventure that landed me in coma (2 years). Woke up and needed 1 year of physiotherapy  to help me reach this stage : walk, talk and drive. Had traveled to 3 countries since I recovered 60% of mobility.

I just can’t be arsed getting out of bed.

Ok. Closed thread. I will be traveling for next 2 months. May not access this site then.

All the best.

MissBehave said:
giphy.gif

Bored said:
Every **** time I think I’ve made a friend - they move! :p

You make a friend, well done.

Agreed. Better to be “well done” and a little crispy around the edges than raw in the center. :cool:

I had a ‘friend’ from a shared house, first friend in years, possibly 20 years, but he was a foreign immigrant and went back to Romania, I don’t have any more friends from the shared house because I was kicked out and now live in a flat on my own.

All hope rests on the next door neighbour, but I can see that going tits up once she really gets to now me. I’ve got as much chance having a true ‘relationship’ with her as say Liberace.

Puddled Duck said:
I had a ‘friend’ from a shared house, first friend in years, possibly 20 years, but he was a foreign immigrant and went back to Romania, I don’t have any more friends from the shared house because I was kicked out and now live in a flat on my own.

All hope rests on the next door neighbour, but I can see that going tits up once she really gets to now me. I’ve got as much chance having a true ‘relationship’ with her as say Liberace.

Why?  If I may ask.  What's so off-putting about you?  You've had some bad luck, but it sounds like you know how to cope pretty well.

To find accommodation I lied, I was found out. Then there was the complaints, then there was dirtiness, the smells (personal odour) and well the other smells (my room itself stunk) and other smells (tobacco smoke had got in the carpets), the noise, the accusations of theft. Makes you wonder how I ended up with a friend, well he liked me because he didn’t mind it when he spent all the time wanking off and bringing prostitutes back to the property, just a shame about the gangbangs.

My brothers wife found my current accommodation, I said to my bother i’m not lying again. my brother said ‘well you’ve got no choice but live here for the money no one else will have you’, and he guarantees my rent.

And I’ve just been given free life membership to the institute of chartered accountants for my services to accountancy, because I said I was never going to do accountancy again.

There’s something not quite right about my life.

Latest posts

Back