I hope everyone is having a nice day.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punk

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Punk and I'm new to this forum. It was recommended to me by my lovely girlfriend, and I think I need help now more than ever.
I've lately been having major anxiety about my job and life in general to the point my stomach is constantly in pain of some kind.
So I hope with this site I can find some help, and some new friends!
My interests are primarily in comic books, anime, and manga, with some interest in video games as well.
I'm not really good at these....

Hi Punk and welcome to the forum. I'm new here too. I hope you find something that helps you here.

RovoR said:
Hi Punk and welcome to the forum. I'm new here too. I hope you find something that helps you here.

Thanks Rovo, it's nice to meet you! I hope we both find something that helps us here!

Thnx Punk!

Is anxiety new to you? It's newish to me. It finally got to a point I had to go in to see someone. The guy(therapist) I met with said it was panic attacks. That kind of surprised me as I haven't really had that issue before. I have collected quite a few other labels(diagnoses) over the years, but anxiety or panic attacks weren't on that list. Anyways, anxiety suuuucccckkkks!

Punk said:
RovoR said:

Thanks Rovo, it's nice to meet you! I hope we both find something that helps us here!

Anxiety to the point I'm throwing up or constantly anxious is new to me, and yeah it really sucks.

Have you read stuff online on how to manage the anxiety? I imagine you have, but throwing it out there in case you haven't. I started meditating years ago and it did help a lil at the time, then I kinda just stopped doing it. I am going to start it up again.

RovoR said:
Have you read stuff online on how to manage the anxiety? I imagine you have, but throwing it out there in case you haven't. I started meditating years ago and it did help a lil at the time, then I kinda just stopped doing it. I am going to start it up again.
I have tried meditation, and like deep breathing it doesn't really help.
I kind of just lay in bed lately, it's kind of sad.

Have you thought about trying therapy? Not trying to get to personal, so no need to answer that here. If not, might want to consider it. It would be great if there was some one size fits all advice, but there's not.

MissBehave said:
Hey Punk 🌈
Sup?
😇
I go to therapy twice a week already, sadly.
Just mentally preparing myself for a job I hate tomorrow.
Do you have any tips for anxiety and beating it?

Other than what you'll find on the net or what tips a professional would give you, not really. I laugh at myself alot, although I think I've read that as advice somewhere online too. Different strokes for different folks.

When you get feeling anxious, are you able to pin point(ish) why? I get anxious when I have to deal with people face to face. Why? No idea, but I was told alot when I was growing up that I "acted" wrong, or said the wrong thing, ect. So maybe I developed a complex over it that is just now getting out of hand. Before I was more nervous around people and would try to rein it in, maybe my brain got tired of stuffing the emotion and now it's coming out in unanticipated ways. The brain is weird!

Anyways, so do you know why or when you get anxious? If that makes sense?

I’m actually doing the same. I return to work tomorrow and I know I’m not ready for it at all. So.. yay? 😋
Beating anxiety. Hmm. I haven’t found the cure for it sadly. I think the only thing is powering through it yet that’s more easy said than done. I hope it goes good for you tomorrow.

RovoR said:
Other than what you'll find on the net or what tips a professional would give you, not really. I laugh at myself alot, although I think I've read that as advice somewhere online too. Different strokes for different folks.

When you get feeling anxious, are you able to pin point(ish) why? I get anxious when I have to deal with people face to face. Why? No idea, but I was told alot when I was growing up that I "acted" wrong, or said the wrong thing, ect. So maybe I developed a complex over it that is just now getting out of hand. Before I was more nervous around people and would try to rein it in, maybe my brain got tired of stuffing the emotion and now it's coming out in unanticipated ways. The brain is weird!

Anyways, so do you know why or when you get anxious? If that makes sense?

Lately it's work, I can't stop feeling anxious to the point I might throw up due to stress.

I'm sure you thought about this, what about changing to a job that you get more enjoyment out of? Or at the very least, less stress? Money is nice and all, but it's not worth losing your health over. If it's a great job you can't lose, maybe be more selfish with your free time and do what you want to do. Use your free time to decompress from the stress. I get it's not that easy if you're married or are responsible for others, but keep it in mind. Nausea stinks, but it can get worse. About 2 years ago, I started getting diarrhea along with the nausea. Like the kind that makes it imperative I hit a rest room immediately!

I really hope you find something to mitigate the stress. You probably are well aware, but just in case, there's some copy\pasta at the bottom that list some effects from high levels of cortisol(a hormone released from high levels of stress). It's important to try and find some coping mechanisms to try and reduce high stress levels. Take care of yourself.

"Prolonged cortisol elevations result in sustained elevations of blood sugar, substantial loss of calcium from bones, depression of important immune responses, high blood pressure, loss of muscle mass, increased fat accumulation, and even loss of cognitive function."

Punk said:
Hello, my name is Punk and I'm new to this forum. It was recommended to me by my lovely girlfriend, and I think I need help now more than ever.
I've lately been having major anxiety about my job and life in general to the point my stomach is constantly in pain of some kind.
My interests are primarily in comic books, anime, and manga, with some interest in video games as well.

Hello there.

Welcome!

I'm Gus, from the Portuguese America, south the Equator.

GustavusMacer said:
Punk said:

Hello there.

Welcome!

I'm Gus, from the Portuguese America, south the Equator.

Hi Gus, nice to meet you!

RovoR said:
I'm sure you thought about this, what about changing to a job that you get more enjoyment out of? Or at the very least, less stress? Money is nice and all, but it's not worth losing your health over. If it's a great job you can't lose, maybe be more selfish with your free time and do what you want to do. Use your free time to decompress from the stress. I get it's not that easy if you're married or are responsible for others, but keep it in mind. Nausea stinks, but it can get worse. About 2 years ago, I started getting diarrhea along with the nausea. Like the kind that makes it imperative I hit a rest room immediately!

I really hope you find something to mitigate the stress. You probably are well aware, but just in case, there's some copy\pasta at the bottom that list some effects from high levels of cortisol(a hormone released from high levels of stress). It's important to try and find some coping mechanisms to try and reduce high stress levels. Take care of yourself.

"Prolonged cortisol elevations result in sustained elevations of blood sugar, substantial loss of calcium from bones, depression of important immune responses, high blood pressure, loss of muscle mass, increased fat accumulation, and even loss of cognitive function."

I'm currently looking for another job. I'm honestly down to take anything, my stress levels are so high I'm panicking right now about going to work tomorrow.

MissBehave said:
I’m actually doing the same. I return to work tomorrow and I know I’m not ready for it at all. So.. yay? 😋
Beating anxiety. Hmm. I haven’t found the cure for it sadly. I think the only thing is powering through it yet that’s more easy said than done. I hope it goes good for you tomorrow.

I hope it goes well for you tomorrow as well! Meanwhile, I’m here with stomach pains and hiding from life like a big baby.

It went... decent. Not good, not complete catastrophe either. 😋
How did it go for you?

MissBehave said:
It went... decent. Not good, not complete catastrophe either. 😋
How did it go for you?

Barely at my first break, just a few more hours to go so... not too sure?

Latest posts

Back