Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Inescapable loneliness
(08-20-2019, 04:55 AM)SilentSoul89 Wrote: I've been lonely for so long that I feel like there's no escape  Sad. I'm 30, never had a relationship & always been a recluse. I'm always in my room & I've been that way since I was a kid. I go out to attend appointments & volunteering but that's about it. I don't even go downstairs unless my dinner or to make a cup of tea which I take to my room. I suffer with deep depression & low self esteem which i guess is inevitable from this secluded lifestyle. I'm not even bad looking but I'm insecure about being 5'5 & I have a big nose. I have a lot of positive qualities which is reflected in the youth volunteering I've started doing. 

I've had 3 lots of positive feedback so far after 6 sessions supporting kids in activities. I'm just so lonely & it hurts so much  Sad. I've often been crying in public toilets, even in a room full of people like nightclubs. Even when I went Turkey in 2017 with 8 other people, the loneliness was still consuming me. I've just started taking Duloxitine which is my 1st anti depressant for over a year & half. Anyway I'm sure you're bored of reading these self pitying posts by now. This is a cry for help more than anythin..

Hey there, that’s a great question. There are actually many ways to reduce your loneliness. I found a video on YouTube that explains a few simple ways on how to help loneliness.

I have tried many different ways to cure this. Here’s a link to a video that gives some great tips.
http://destyy.com/w4T2EI

Click on that link above and once you land on that page, click where it says “I am not a robot”
And then you will be directed yo the YouTube video that shows some answers to loneliness.

(08-20-2019, 07:17 AM)ahsatan Wrote: Welcome

Sorry about ur life. Ur post is not boring!
I have  big nose as well. I'm also a recluse and 5'5. I mainly chill on the couch in the living room instead of my room. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8723720]

Hey there, that’s a great question. There are actually many ways to reduce your loneliness. I found a video on YouTube that explains a few simple ways on how to help loneliness.

I have tried many different ways to cure this. Here’s a link to a video that gives some great tips.
http://destyy.com/w4T2EI

Click on that link above and once you land on that page, click where it says “I am not a robot”
And then you will be directed yo the YouTube video that shows some answers to loneliness. Lovely cat!
🤨
[Image: tenor.gif]
I know what would help my loneliness and it's not a video. lol I smell a scam with my large nose. lol Not cool dude. Not cool. Sad
[Image: giphy-5.gif]
Are you in London m8?
To be honest I just feel like giving up. I don't even want to live anymore with this suffering.. I did really well again at the youth club and a staff member even told me that I did well & said my confidence is showing. But at the end of the session I'm left to walk home alone by myself once again. I really wanted to ask a girl there to hang out but once again I didn't have the guts.

It feels like everyone just stays as acquaintances which may be fine for them but for a lonely person it's devastating. I'm good at engaging the kids and they trust me yet I find it so hard to make friends with the staff. I small talk with them just fine but nothing ever comes of it. Some of the established paid staff also come across as too preoccupied with the job to make friends. You can just tell that certain people are only there for the job & they don't give a fuck about getting to know new people.

So they confine themselves to their little cliques who they already know. I think people do like me but it's us lonely people that have to all the leg work. They don't even think to ask to hang out. I'm sorry if this is negative, my depression is bad right now. When I come home knowing I haven't made any social progress once again, it's so demoralizing. A life in solitude isn't a life worth living. I'm so down on myself that I can't even see how well I did again with the kids. I'm from Bolton btw in Lancashire.

I just want some friends and a girlfriend, why is that so hard?. I'm not ugly and I'm easy going so I don't understand why I've so suffered for so long. Maybe not actually asking someone to hang out has something to do with it. The foundations are kinda there for a social life at this youth club yet I struggle to put the final pieces together that comes so naturally for more sociable people. My mum just nearly caught me crying. I've been feeling more hopeful recently but it just takes a day like this to send me crashing down again Sad..
I'm so sick of small talk. I'm sick of acquaintances. Why is it so complicated to make relationships in a world full of fellow social beings. Nothing changes, just rearranges. Even getting on well with someone seemingly leads to nothing. It feels like you have to jump through burning rings of fire just to get someone to hang out. And when you've got depression thrown into the equation it really is an uphill battle. Depression is such a complex struggle that compromises every fabric of this existence Sad ..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Loneliness Tritagonist 10 352 4 hours ago
Last Post: lookatbrightside
  New city, old loneliness HorseLatitudes 4 80 4 hours ago
Last Post: lookatbrightside
  How do YOU deal with feelings of loneliness? ojtwtn 5 248 11-09-2019, 08:34 AM
Last Post: cozy
  How do I hide my loneliness? advancedip 9 2,190 11-02-2019, 03:23 AM
Last Post: HorseLatitudes
  Strange loneliness alexandra93 12 1,262 10-31-2019, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Diagnosed
Question What type of loneliness do you experience? Lilly2 20 765 10-31-2019, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Diagnosed
  Loneliness; outside; a girl GustavusMacer 4 549 10-27-2019, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Rosie007
test Loneliness and our sense of worth..some venting and a question Broken heart 6 720 10-12-2019, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Broken heart
  Loneliness, no friends, no relationships. Quietude 16 3,240 08-29-2019, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Puddled Duck
  I'm terrified of the loneliness. Omnipotent Soul 17 1,894 07-23-2019, 11:52 AM
Last Post: GustavusMacer