Finding A Right Partner

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian7878

Reaction score
I am 58 yo gentleman (divorcee with 2 lovely daughters). Let me briefly share with you how to find a right partner.

1. Know yourself and set proper expectations. If you are a man, see yourself in the mirror and judge if you will go on a date with the person in the mirror. (If a lady, do similar exercise.)

If you are like a 'Ed Lauter' look don't try to date a Katie Holmes or Angelina Jolie type of person. They would have no time for you unless you have millions. Then you can go for 'Kim Kardashian' type of girls.

2. Join a group to have regular group meetings so you can know people better (and they you). Example hash harriers, community service club, church, etc.

All the best.

Thanks for that.

Personally i’d Just piss off on plentyoffish.

A church?, so you want me go to church to hit on women.

I agree with number 3. Number 1 I partially agree with. I don't think you should look in a mirror and judge whether you would date yourself or not because of all the issues people have here, most can not judge themselves realistically. So yeah, don't judge yourself. Try to look at yourself from someone else's perspective, not your own.
Number 2 I disagree with. Sure set reasonable expectations, but don't count someone out just because they are supermodel gorgeous or whatever. There's no rules for falling in love. You don't pick who you love, so someone you think is "out of your league" could actually discover you are his/her "soulmate."

I don’t see why in 3 (2) you would use a church as a vehicle for dating, unless as in the Jehovah’s Witnesses case it is encouraged. Hence a Kingdom Hall is a better bet not a church, secondly in churches they when I went were predominantly families and older people attending, it doesn’t say to me ‘totty’, there are plenty of better places than the others mentioned, night clubs, wine bars, with a greater array of constantantly turning over ‘talent’. People will be trying to pull in libraries next.

1. I partially agree with, the problem I have with it a sort of ‘dick theory’ I can’t see what women see in my dick, but I’ve had few complaints.

2. I partially agree with, but don’t sell yourself short.

Puddled Duck said:
Thanks for that.

Personally i’d Just piss off on plentyoffish.

A church?, so you want me go to church to hit on women.

Plentyoffish may serve to get penpals (I had some from them) but, when I noticed too many ppl liked to play their games, as their "hide & seek" I knew it all.

I wouldn't use FB or Twitters to meet someone I liked.

I used sites for writters and netlog (and yahoo 360) but the best place could be a church [believed or disbeliefs do matters]

I hope this tip serve another Lone Ranger. 😉

TheRealCallie said:
I agree with number 3.  Number 1 I partially agree with.  I don't think you should look in a mirror and judge whether you would date yourself or not because of all the issues people have here, most can not judge themselves realistically.  So yeah, don't judge yourself.  Try to look at yourself from someone else's perspective, not your own.  
Number 2 I disagree with.  Sure set reasonable expectations, but don't count someone out just because they are supermodel gorgeous or whatever.  There's no rules for falling in love. You don't pick who you love, so someone you think is "out of your league" could actually discover you are his/her "soulmate."

Supermodels have set too many unrealistic expectations for them...

If I planned to remarry, I wish she were a "body" more than a soul(mate).

If I was fat and tall, I probably will "fall" in love with those who were like-minded. But ppl do pick "whatever" (the person) picking us. 😜

If she likes rock (or has the attitude or voice of April Levigne) I had better to run, because she's like one of those I've loved in secrecy. 😶 👇

Here's my point, as i read yours:

There are rules to falling, and they're not gravitational.

Attachments

• IMG_20190920_170425_886.jpg
    IMG_20190920_170425_886.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2
Adrian7878 said:
I am 58 yo gentleman (divorcee with 2 lovely daughters). Let me briefly share with you how to find a right partner.

1. Know yourself and set proper expectations. If you are a man, see yourself in the mirror and judge if you will go on a date with the person in the mirror. (If a lady, do similar exercise.)

If you are like a 'Ed Lauter' look don't try to date a Katie Holmes or Angelina Jolie type of person. They would have no time for you unless you have millions. Then you can go for 'Kim Kardashian' type of girls.

2. Join a group to have regular group meetings so you can know people better (and they you). Example hash harriers, community service club, church, etc.

All the best.

Thanks Adrián!

Although I might agree in all, I haven't gained the wisdom to love ppl my age... I would waste my time daydreaming 😴 I had d found Ruth instead of Noemi...

Besides, I've got the hunches it is "them" who come to "prey" the ones they liked to help manhood grow better. 😉

Thanks!

You don't pick who you love, so someone you think is "out of your league" could actually discover you are his/her "soulmate."

Poor me! I think, as she said, we're picked and then, We've moved on.

"...see yourself in the mirror and judge if you will go on a date with the person in the mirror"

I got your point!

That has nothing to do with same sex...

TheRealCallie said:
I agree with number 3.  Number 1 I partially agree with.  I don't think you should look in a mirror and judge whether you would date yourself or not because of all the issues people have here, most can not judge themselves realistically.  So yeah, don't judge yourself.  Try to look at yourself from someone else's perspective, not your own.  
Number 2 I disagree with.  Sure set reasonable expectations, but don't count someone out just because they are supermodel gorgeous or whatever.  There's no rules for falling in love. You don't pick who you love, so someone you think is "out of your league" could actually discover you are his/her "soulmate."

I agree with Callie.  Good insight, which "dating tips" threads typically lack.

I would only add that your chances of finding a good partner increase exponentially with experience.
Easier said than done for a lot of us here-- but true, nonetheless.  So, mix it up as much as you can.

Yes! "...chances of finding a good partner increase exponentially with experience."

However, it could be to late to enjoy it all or longer.

There was I time when I met a couple in their 60 and told me: "we've planned to marry...".

I was younger than them and thought to myself: "why at that age?"

Sure they both gained experience but, Stats says we don't live too long after that age AND some might come into another's life to prey, to see what THEY can get (after any person is passed by).

This month, on the 12th, a visited a couple of friends who have been married for 57 years... Do they miss what physically gone?

I will! Yet, anything missed is gone.

Latest posts

Back