Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H0rrid Sleep - help
Sad 
My sleep is often usable, never deep.. usually short and including me waking up about twice in the process for no good reason.

I am a lite sleeper, sounds can easily interrupt me and wake me up, going back to sleep has chance to fail and result in insomnia.
I don't wake up feeling fresh (very very rare to happen and its great).

But my main problem here is constant nightmares and uncomfortable dreams.
Like my life in awake state is already burden.. can't I create a situation where I happily welcome sleep tired at the end of the day, escape to a safer world under blanket and wake up wit good mood, maybe even energized and have a productive day?
Sleep and dreams mean a lot to me.
Right now dreaming feels of jumping into a mess pool of whatever error awaits me and asking inside myself may it not be that bad.

I had sucn serious horror dreams., blood, gore, dark. darker stuff... my subconscious is a mess
I even experience sleep paralysis multiple times in my life.
Hey. 
I’ve not seen you around here before so I wanted to say hi. 🌸
I can relate to a lot of what you say. My awake state is challenging to say the least and I have horrible nightmares when I sleep. Most of the time but not always. It’s a very tiering thing.. sleep should be what recharges your mind and body to make you able to face the day refreshed. It sucks since sleep is supposed to be a safe state to be in but becomes a trap. 
Anyways. 
Hello! 🌸🥳
[Image: tenor.gif]
What do you do during your days? Do you stay busy? When you go to sleep, do you lie awake in bed analyzing everything?
My advice is to stay busy during the day. Exercise if you can and don't go to bed until you are ready to sleep. Keep your mind off everything until sleep.
Want to talk?  Check out the CHAT ROOM 
[Image: 68694043_2341967022788228_46455155003665...Ng%3D%3D.2]
(09-09-2019, 04:48 AM)MissBehave Wrote: My awake state is challenging to say the least and I have horrible nightmares when I sleep. Most of the time but not always. It’s a very tiering thing.. sleep should be what recharges your mind and body to make you able to face the day refreshed. It sucks since sleep is supposed to be a safe state to be in but becomes a trap. 

Hey, pardon me I wasn't notified of latest replies in my inbox although I set them to so. Heh :/

Yes that is EXACTLY what sleep should be about. Just another night this time after writing this thread I wake up in the middle of the sleep, go back to sleep who knows when as I laid in bed in my automatic thoughts and then woke up full of anxiety. Dreams were shit as usual, I was brought up same old social subjects that haunt me for the rest of this life.

(09-09-2019, 06:33 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: What do you do during your days?  Do you stay busy?  When you go to sleep, do you lie awake in bed analyzing everything?
My advice is to stay busy during the day.  Exercise if you can and don't go to bed until you are ready to sleep.  Keep your mind off everything until sleep.

I can't keep myself busy entire day I'm too tired. My broken mind finds way to sneek it's compulsive overthinking even when I do something. Until I get my mind off the compulsive thoughts will come back in short time after after I stopped what I was doing. 
I try to think about dreaming good dreams but it doesn't help. Something is seriously wrong with my subconscious or whatever.
It's kind of nice to recognise parts of yourself in others, even though it's a pain I wouldn't want anyone to have.
You mention sleep paralysis.
What's that like?
I've seen a documentary about it. Just wonder how it is for you. I get it if you don't want to talk about it. 🦄
(09-09-2019, 10:52 PM)MissBehave Wrote: You mention sleep paralysis.
What's that like?

Very scary. You are half actually awake half asleep, you are in the process of awakening but the dream behind you is a nightmare that tries to pull you in and you feel like moving your limbs, like running away but you can't. Not a nice way to wake up -.-
(09-09-2019, 10:32 PM)ShellShock Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 06:33 AM)TheRealCallie Wrote: What do you do during your days?  Do you stay busy?  When you go to sleep, do you lie awake in bed analyzing everything?
My advice is to stay busy during the day.  Exercise if you can and don't go to bed until you are ready to sleep.  Keep your mind off everything until sleep.

I can't keep myself busy entire day I'm too tired. My broken mind finds way to sneek it's compulsive overthinking even when I do something. Until I get my mind off the compulsive thoughts will come back in short time after after I stopped what I was doing. 
I try to think about dreaming good dreams but it doesn't help. Something is seriously wrong with my subconscious or whatever.

You're too tired to stay busy, but not too tired to stay tortured?  That doesn't really make much sense to me. 

Staying busy doesn't mean constantly being on the go, doing this, doing that, always up and moving.  It means occupying your mind.  Read a book or watch a movie. Take a class and learn something.  Get a hobby or join a club.  Talk to people.  Learn an instrument.  You need to find something that will keep your mind occupied on the task and not allow it to slide back into the other thoughts.  Maybe you haven't found what will keep your mind occupied yet, but well, you can either keep trying or live with the misery.  
Something else you should probably do is figure out why you can't/won't let go of whatever it is.
Quote:You're too tired to stay busy, but not too tired to stay tortured?  That doesn't really make much sense to me. 
Because you obviously have no idea how it is being in this situation. If you knew, it would make perfect sense to you. 
If you don't know how it feels, keep your "judgments" to yourself. 

Will you say the same to someone who is sick with cancer? You won't, it's not their choice to suffer. It just happens, it's a not controllable body process
unless you have right medications or some stuff like that.
"I'm not too tired to be tortured" gimme a break, you speak as if I am actively doing this to myself.
Fyi it's a neurological problem of the mind and I can't just snap out of it whenever I want to. Often when you try to get your mind unto other stuff you simply can't, it's stronger than you. But then again you gotta be in this situation, to have this sickness to understand how it is. 

NO I don't have spare energy to "inflict the act of suffering" upon myself, it's the act of suffering like a parasite drains me out. The opposite, I lose much energy trying to contain it.

In this case I am expected to "understand" you that you don't understand me and just trying to help me by contempting my issues. You can't understand - I don't expect you to, you didn't went trough this so you can't.. but you can't just go talk to people with mental issues in a blaming self righteous way or simplifying their problems in their face or just pushing them advice while you speak in a manner like they are stupid little weak willed children who just need to grow up. 
I don't care how socially acceptable this rude behavior is. I don't accept it.
I’m sorry to hear that. Hmm.. it has to be very hard to deal with. 
Is there anything you can do to remove yourself from that state or do you have to wait until it’s over?
So wait, I know nothing about you, but you know everything about me and what I've been through? Little bit of an ego on you too, huh?

I base what I write on what I read. You haven't given much to go on, so what I write is generalized. I can't give anything more specific if I don't know anything more specific, now can I? If the issue is depression like you said in your other thread, my advice stands. Even if you found a drug that would help the depression, the drug alone won't get rid of it entirely. Therapy won't get rid of it entirely. YOU have a part in it too.
Depression, believe it or not, is kind of a choice. You have the choice to let it eat you alive. You have the choice to try everything under the sun to fight it. You have the choice to do something or nothing. Sit at home and do nothing, it will just get worse. Get up and do something you don't really feel like doing and maybe you might have a chance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't sleep ojtwtn 9 739 08-27-2019, 11:38 PM
Last Post: ahsatan
  My mind is active at night. Need to sleep. Suggestions? Azariah 18 2,432 03-01-2018, 06:21 AM
Last Post: Xpendable
  sleep disorder Senjina 3 1,287 03-17-2015, 07:16 PM
Last Post: RainbowWalker
  The Serenity of Sleep Kid_A 25 2,860 03-27-2014, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Kid_A
  Not wanting to sleep Woz 12 1,679 01-08-2013, 03:42 AM
Last Post: LoneKiller
  Sleep diamondintherough 5 1,129 10-09-2012, 07:10 AM
Last Post: lonelyfairy
  Sleep disorders. MechanicalMishka 3 1,423 09-30-2011, 03:22 AM
Last Post: Drama
  i cant sleep irishcon 1 1,176 10-13-2010, 01:05 PM