Politics

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you? (elaborate a little)

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShellShock

Reaction score
There are second elections here very soon where I live.
I don't know who to vote, as usual, I am very cynical about politicians.
Each side seems to offer fixing certain problems but also cause new ones.
And even if I vote - why does it matter? 
I just hope things won't get much worse for me in short period of time. 

Do you even take votes seriously?
I don't feel like I do.

I vote, but mostly just for presidential elections.

Do I take votes seriously? Sort of. I appreciate that we have the right to vote, and I want to use it, I want to participate so I at least know I used my voice. It makes me feel like I spoke up for what I wanted, and at least I know I tried. It makes me feel like more of a citizen than a subject. And as the old saying goes, if you didn't vote, you can't complain.

Do I have much faith in the system though, or think my vote counts for that much? No, not really. I feel like the problems are deeply entrenched (big money in politics).

I just vote for the person whose beliefs most closely match my own, and who seems to want to solve the problems I want solved. And that's all I feel I can really do.

I vote against one particular party rather than for the other. It's always been this way; hold your nose and vote.

TheSkaFish said:
I feel like the problems are deeply entrenched (big money in politics).  
I think it's easy to blame politicians for things, and they do hold some blame. 
Being a politician is about big responsibility.
But,
In a system that offers freedom to vote peacefully yet politicians and authorities end up being mostly if not all corrupt as hell
it points towards a serious problem with society itself. I believe society holds greater power than politicians, because of numbers, even when there is no voting system.
Corrupt politicians say a lot about the society they rule over.
But I am as cynical about society like I am about politicians. 

So when things suck who do I blame more? Society of course.

harper said:
I vote against one particular party rather than for the other. 
That's a way.  :cool:

I don't plan to voté any longer!

If i went abroad, I'll be happier if  wasn't compelled to vote (like in some countries of S. America).

Who knows when a polítician lies?

If i was a JW I'll behave like them in such issue , yet Jer.17:5 warns me well I should not trust my heart (and none). 🙊

Diagnosed said:

If i went abroad, I'll be happier if  wasn't compelled to vote (like in some countries of S. America).

If i was a JW I'll behave like them in such issue , yet Jer.17:5 warns me well I should not trust my heart (and none). 🙊

I'm not electing a god... I'm voting for a President. As far as I know, there's a time limit on that job. (At least in the US there is)

kaetic said:
Diagnosed said:

I'm not electing a god... I'm voting for a President. As far as I know, there's a time limit on that job. (At least in the US there is).

It´s doubtful a god needs to be voted for (I haven´t met one, at least).

I´m happy you´re the place you are (you´ve said USA) but, if you have read about LatAm (and the ways too many men tried to be voted permamently and more than twice) such in Bolivia or Venezuela, foolish ppl voted for them because they gave them FOOD, a humbre job, and a promise they will make all ppl alike (in my case, poorer that I was).

They have been lying more than 20 years! and no one really serve.

May I ask your opinion on #MAGA or Trump?

Twitter showed me not too many agreed with him and, instead, they love Cortez and the leftists.

Diagnosed said:
kaetic said:
Diagnosed said:

I'm not electing a god... I'm voting for a President. As far as I know, there's a time limit on that job. (At least in the US there is).

I´m happy you´re the place you are (you´ve said USA) but, if you have read about LatAm (and the ways too many men tried to be voted permamently and more than twice) such in Bolivia or Venezuela, foolish ppl voted for them because they gave them FOOD, a humbre job, and a promise they will make all ppl alike (in my case, poorer that I was).

Twitter showed me not too many agreed with him and, instead, they love Cortez and the leftists.

By the way, since your brief profile says you´d be in Ohio (Cincinatti?) Is it true what I read, poverty has increased those areas like Detroit?

Diagnosed said:
kaetic said:
Diagnosed said:

Diagnosed said:
kaetic said:
Diagnosed said:

By the way, since your brief profile says you´d be in Ohio (Cincinatti?) Is it true what I read, poverty has increased those areas like Detroit?

I'm aware other countries have even more screwed up situations, that's why I said "in the US"
I said I'm not voting for a god because of the scripture you attached to your post. Without trying to debate this or the pros/cons of being a JW (of which I do have experience) I don't believe that is what that scripture is talking about. You don't have to turn away from god to exercise your right to vote. Most people realize that politicians are lying to them and that sadly you're just trying to pick the person who is going to do the least damage. They are all corrupt.

My opinion on MAGA is that it's bullshit.
My opinion on Trump is that he's a pompous lying buffoon who likes to tout his own perceived importance while putting down others. (watch a couple of his press conferences) But, part of being in the US is that you have to put up with the ******* you didn't vote for (I don't mean silently, you can also exercise your right to protest) if he wins the election, even if he's shady as hell. (apparently) But for everything that the media puts out to demonize him, the country is still in one piece... and unless he gets voted in again, I only have to listen to this crap for another year.

I don't know who Cortez is, but a quick google search linked her with Bernie Sanders who I have heard good things about and I would have voted for if he had made it to the election last time. I voted for Clinton... and I really, really didn't want to. Lesser of two evils, imo. 

I do not live in Cincinnatti, but yes the whole country is going to honeysuckle. Wages are stagnating while the cost of living skyrockets. Healthcare is decent, if you have insurance to pay for it. They can't deny you emergency care, but the bill may make you wish that they did. If anyone asks the government for help (welfare/disability/etc) they get labeled as lazy, or a freeloader. The US makes it extremely difficult for the not wealthy to leave. The elderly can't afford medications with how little they get with medicare and social security, and they are talking about stripping social security which will suck for all of us who already can't retire until we're in our 70s, if at all. Insurance decides what medications you're allowed to use, not your doctor. The cost of insurance also drives some doctors to quit practicing, so good luck finding a good one. If you have diseases like HIV or Diabetes the cost of your medication/insulin is insanely high and the government won't do anything to fix it. Instead they focus on building a wall to keep people out, or try turning the endangered species listing into a way to make money for letting animals go extinct. Climate change is a hoax according to our leaders, because they can't figure out a way to profit off of it. Politicians/publicists/lobbyists are all resorting to this manipulative misinformation and fear-based advertising to try and get people to vote the way they want them to, and oh and we have people shooting up public places all the time now. But don't talk about gun control, because half the **** country will bite your head off for "trying to take their guns". Instead call it a mental health issue, AND DO NOTHING TO FIX THAT EITHER. 

But, don't worry because for the millionth time CNN is talking about how some group or another is "definitely" going to get Trump impeached. And then I suppose everything will just be rainbows and unicorns again... (sarcasm sign)

https://www.investopedia.com/articl.../why-people-renounce-their-us-citizenship.asp

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47491964

And that's all I can really think of off the top of my head, and with zero sleep.

I'm completely aware that other places have it worse. I'm not trying to win some messed up contest over who has it worse. Just sharing my opinion about the state of my country... which will no doubt get me bitched at by somebody else.

" They are all corrupt."

Agreed! And I lied to myself when voting.

Now you showed me those issues clearly. Appreciated!

Thanks!

You said, " (watch a couple of his press conferences) ".

Sure! There´s an egotic issue but... time will tell.

Probably!

Perhaps that's why you said, "stop expecting YOU from ppl"

Each time I read Jer. 17:5 I have the same thought: I evenly expect nothing FROM me.

Bye Callie! 😉

Latest posts

Back