so lonly

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garmin

Reaction score
hi my name is henry i am 67 married, suffer from depression and anxiety, no friends now, even though i am married i feel so lonely and i find it so hard to meet people, been suffering from depression since 1994, just feel like there is nothing......... :club:

Welcome garmin.
I’m sorry to hear about your loneliness.
I hope you dive into the threads here. Maybe it will help you feel it less.
❤️
What made you choose your name btw?

Hi Henry! You just reminded me of a candy bar I used to have to try and sell in grade school. It was called an "Oh Henry!" candy bar. It was a real decent candy bar.

Anyways, how's your wife in the sense of, can you talk to her? Or is distance an issue? I hope you're at least able to get a snuggle\hug if you need\want one.

I don't find it to hard to meet people, I can be extroverted if in the mood. I find it hard to meet people I want to hang out with! Lol. I say that just in case you haven't thought about lowering your standards when it comes to friends\aquaintances. Sometimes a shitty friend is better than no friend, but then sometimes a shitty friend is worse than no friends.

25 years is a long time to be sad. I'm sorry you have to feel that. When's the last time you did you? All you. No one else to consider. Prob don't want to make it a habit, but maybe taking some time for yourself will recharge your optimism about life. I don't know, just spit balling.

I hope you have a good day Henry. I also hope to see\read more of your thoughts, take care.

MissBehave said:
Welcome garmin.
I’m sorry to hear about your loneliness.
I hope you dive into the threads here. Maybe it will help you feel it less.
❤️
What made you choose your name btw?

long story short years ago needed a new pass word looking around seen my sat nav and it was made by garmin ............

Yeti1980 said:
Welcome Henry, hope we can be of help.

thank you yeti ..........

never heard of a oh henry rovor take it your in a different country , i talk to her not sure she under stands though, and no snuggles, always found it heard to make friends and at the moment have non and as i get older it gets harder, i dont do me dont have time for me, and i have trouble trusting people always feel they want to use me ..........

garmin said:
hi my name is henry i am 67 married, suffer from depression and anxiety, no friends now, even though i am married i feel so lonely and i find it so hard to meet people, been suffering from depression since 1994, just feel like there is nothing......... :club:

Hi Henry - Sorry to hear of your depression. Let me know if you wish to talk on the phone/skype. Am very happy to do that. Alternatively feel free to email me on [email protected]

garmin said:

Hi Henry - Sorry to hear of your depression. Let me know if you wish to talk on the phone/skype. Am very happy to do that. Alternatively feel free to email me on [email protected]

Hi Henry!

Are there any clubs you would interact with ppl near your neighborhood?

The internet is roomy enough to find such interaction.

When I'm at home, I read my library or worked around the plants my sons are growing and, this time when I turn back, I plan to remove the weeds and use new soil/land, so I'll be busier getting my own food.

Do you have anything you would create or produce your own things? I hope you develope your own things, sir. 😊

garmin said:

I'm more inclined to anxiety than to depression. Have been in therapy (with rare intervals) for more than a decade now...

If there's anything I can do to help, let know.

Cheers.
g.

Latest posts

Back