Desolate

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I registered here because I'm hoping for someone who can lend an ear. My present situation sucks so much that I doubt I can get advice, but I guess advice is still welcome. I would want more consoling than advice, however, I'm not picky.

I am gay. While I might hypothetically be okay with living in my State for years to come if I was somebody who didn't have a type, if you don't like any man who wants to pick you up from some gym, you are SCREWED over here. You don't really grasp the reality of this unless you happen to be emo yourself, but if you are emo, you quickly learn that people are lying when they say Emohood is a subculture. And I don't know, MAYBE in other parts of the United States this might be true, but at least in the hellhole I've lived in my whole life, or Texas, it just isn't like that... It is a counterculture. If it was a subculture, people would not throw a slew of crap at people who are in the counterculture because they say we all are whiny and don't understand true pain, further saying we are easy to hate because we apparently are all suicidal. Except... wait... If they hate us so much for reasons actually genuine, you'd think that they'd be glad at the prospect of us ending our lives... Because they hate us?

Idiots. This world is filled with idiots. And I don't want much from life, but I do want to find a boyfriend that feels such a solidarity with me, so obviously I'm only into other emo guys.

I wish I could move someplace, some country maybe, that is less judgmental and more diverse, but the thing is I'm going to have to wait years for that. The reason behind this is that my Mom is disabled, so I'm not going to just abandon her in the years when she still can live alone at least relatively fine (me and my brother care for her because she is in a wheelchair, and her disease is one which worsens over time). She will have to move into a nursing home eventually (because her condition is one which worsens), but the family doesn't know exactly when. So for now, we make sure that she's having her days as easy as can be.

I am lonely in the sense that I wish I could have a boyfriend that I actually like. Not lonely in the sense of friendship, however. I do not have many friends, but at the same time, I don't really have a need for friends, at least to the extent that other people do. When it comes to finding a mate, however, I am just like everyone else - well, most of them. I mean, I know that there are people who don't feel romantically attracted to other people at all well into adulthood even though that is quite rare.

I'm a lastborn although I've only got that one sibling I mentioned earlier. As a result, I can lend an ear to any fellow lastborns who PM me. My childhood was terrible.

I am a 20-year-old gay emo kid, an extremely introverted lastborn, and the reason my screen name is what it is is that I really miss the mid-2000s, especially 2006 and 2007. I know some people may view '07 as a late-2000s year, but I don't know, except for the last month or so of the year, it definitely felt like a part of the mid-2000s to me.

Welcome-Glitters-17.gif

Hi askXmeXaboutX2006-7,

I'm newer here than you are, so it feels a bit strange to say welcome, but you said that advice was okay and this jumped out at me:

“And I don't want much from life, but I do want to find a boyfriend that feels such a solidarity with me, so obviously I'm only into other emo guys.”

I would just like to say that I think any guy who likes you, or even falls in love with you, will feel that solidarity with you. Just because it is you who goes through all of this. So my advice would be to leave a little room for people to surprise you.

I won't pretend to know a ton about what you have to deal with on a daily basis, but I do know that we, as humans in general, always expect to be most understood by people who seem to face the same struggles as we do. Personally, I've found that to be false just as often as it is true. I think it's just as much about empathy and a willingness to listen and understand how someone might feel as it is about knowing the exact circumstances that created those feelings. Now, I really don't know if looking for empathy in a guy opens the playing field up for you or narrows it down -- but in any case, I hope you find someone who really knows you and loves you for who you are.

cozy said:
Hi askXmeXaboutX2006-7,

I'm newer here than you are, so it feels a bit strange to say welcome, but you said that advice was okay and this jumped out at me:

“And I don't want much from life, but I do want to find a boyfriend that feels such a solidarity with me, so obviously I'm only into other emo guys.”

I would just like to say that I think any guy who likes you, or even falls in love with you, will feel that solidarity with you. Just because it is you who goes through all of this. So my advice would be to leave a little room for people to surprise you.

I won't pretend to know a ton about what you have to deal with on a daily basis, but I do know that we, as humans in general, always expect to be most understood by people who seem to face the same struggles as we do. Personally, I've found that to be false just as often as it is true. I think it's just as much  about empathy and a willingness to listen and understand how someone might feel as it is about knowing  the exact circumstances that created those feelings. Now, I really don't know if looking for empathy in a guy opens the playing field up for you or narrows it down -- but in any case, I hope you find someone who really knows you and loves you for who you are.

Thanks for the welcome

Welcome ! 

Gods, i miss the late 2000s too... 
Especially the video games and the music !

askXmeXaboutX2006-7 said:
sriguhan said:
Welcome ! 

Thank you.
I hate the year 2008, though, because it ended 2007. I'm okay with '09.
I can't think of anything good in 2008 except fallout 3 and dead space..haha 
Oh yeah, code Geass ended in 2008 :(
2009 had dragon age origins and full metal alchemist brotherhood 😍
I was sooo into gaming and anime back then...

sriguhan said:
sriguhan said:
Welcome ! 

Thank you.

Cool! We can agree about this!

sriguhan said:
sriguhan said:
Welcome ! 

Thank you.

Ohhhh! 
I'm watching FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood now! 
I love it so much ❤

MissBehave said:
sriguhan said:
sriguhan said:
Welcome ! 

Thank you.

Ohhhh! 
I love it so much ❤

I may watch it later. I haven't watched any of it.

MissBehave said:
sriguhan said:
sriguhan said:
Welcome ! 

Thank you.

Ohhhh! 
I love it so much ❤

I'll probably cry if I watch it again...
Too much nostalgia 😭

MissBehave said:
sriguhan said:
Thank you.

Ohhhh! 
I love it so much ❤

I may watch it later. I haven't watched any of it.

It's great !! 
One of the best anime out there !

Have y’all seen Attack on Titan? 
That was my first anime show ever. Fmab my second. 
I’m a late bloomer. 😂
But yeah, it hits the feels for sure. ❤️

MissBehave said:
I’m a late bloomer. 😂

Yup...
I've seen all the seasons up until now ..

I have been into anime since I was 10...
My first anime was Cardcaptor Sakura.. 😌

sriguhan said:
MissBehave said:
I’m a late bloomer. 😂

Yup...
I've seen all the seasons up until now ..

I have been into anime since I was 10...
My first anime was Cardcaptor Sakura.. 😌

Me too.
Sucks that we have to wait so long for the next season. 
Who’s your fav character in AoT?

Latest posts

Back