Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies & Nightly Delights ❤️
❤️ Movie Nights ❤️

Me and Unix have been watching a lot of movies and series together. 🌸 I love it! 🌸 
Would be nice to have a place to write about them. What kind of impression it made, what was good/bad and ofc if I started to cry or not because I have a bad habit of doing that. 😅
It’s so nice to have you there to pick me up when I get too emotional so thank you for that Unix. ❤️

Join in on the discussion if you want to!
[Image: tenor.gif]
We have watched the movies Rise, Dawn and War of the planet of the Apes.
When these movies were suggested I was a little unsure if I would like them. I remember watching the movie Planet of the Apes with Mark Wahlberg and I was expecting something similar. I wasn't exactly impressed with that movie or anyone's acting skills in it. Ayways. 

Rise: It was entertaining and kept me very much interested during the whole movie. One thing that I did miss was a deeper lvl of connection/emotions to the characters. It felt flat. Caesar was the emotional weight of this movie with portraying the anger he feels growing inside of him. James Franco didn't give much other than a decent performance but all in all, it's a good movie. 

Dawn: Great movie! I liked this one better than the first one. Filled with explosions and action, which isn't generally my cup of tea but since this movie had some weight to it emotionally and I felt a deeper connection with several of the characters, that made it awesome. It's so nice when I'm able to sympathize with the bad guy too, although his actions are still wrong, when you manage to feel the pain he carries, that's so great. ❤️

War: The fight to survive has begun, even though it's pretty much been like that through the previous 2, what's coming their way this time is far more sinister. This movie feels more dark, it's filled with pain and regret. Another good movie but it didn't keep the same lvl that Dawn did. ❤️
I agree pretty much on everything, except thst I really liked the first one too. Maybe it was the italian dub, but james Franco acting was very very good the first time I saw it. Plus, seeing the origins is always super interesting.

In the second one you got an awesome villain, I especially loved his design and expression.
[Image: large_1280-koba-dawn-planet-apesjpg-0d1c60_1280w.jpg]

The third one was very good, but also way too drammatic. It felt like it was a solitary journey, and left out the apes society, thing thst I very appreciated in the second one. 

Overall its a very very good saga, probably the best blockbusters of this time, starting from 2011. The first film didnt aged well regarding to special effects, but in the other two its incredible how they made the apes so real. I never had the slightest doubt that it was a real apes society, and during the vision i completely forgot about the fact that those apes were in cgi
One thing I didn’t like about the last movie was the scene between the mute girl and Luca leading up to his death. I think the bond between her and the apes should have been more developed. 
Luca gives the mute girl a pink cherry blossom flower and puts it behind her ear, then he dies soon after and receives the flower back. It didn’t feel deep enough.

Oh! Did you see the window symbol in the last movie? 🤔
I thoroughly enjoyed all three of them. The first the most, the last the least.

I'm a huge fan of the originals, and if you can get past the cosmetics, I highly recommend giving at least the first one a chance. Smile

Although, I will spoil a bit and say, you will not like the fact that cats and dogs go extinct in the originals due to a plague. 😭😂 Which lead to humans replacing their pet needs with apes and the evolution naturally bred from there. Unlike the Simian Flu route in the reboot. Hoping that fact ironically sparks interest. Toungue

And I agree with Unix, I thought James Franco was absolutely great in the first one. That damn window.... lol...
(10-08-2019, 09:11 AM)Siku Wrote: I thoroughly enjoyed all three of them. The first the most, the last the least.

I'm a huge fan of the originals, and if you can get past the cosmetics, I highly recommend giving at least the first one a chance. Smile

Although, I will spoil a bit and say, you will not like the fact that cats and dogs go extinct in the originals due to a plague. 😭😂 Which lead to humans replacing their pet needs with apes and the evolution naturally bred from there. Unlike the Simian Flu route in the reboot. Hoping that fact ironically sparks interest. Toungue

And I agree with Unix, I thought James Franco was absolutely great in the first one. That damn window.... lol...

Kinda of a late reply Toungue i cant really get past the cosmetics. Its a limit of mine. I really liked the cgi in the new ones 

In progress[Image: MV5BZmEzN2YzOTItMDI5MS00MGU4LWI1NWQtOTg5...@._V1_.jpg]
All your anger and your hurt
Doesn't matter in the end
Those days go by
[Image: A174F39B7DCA2014B226A9BC389A1C1689869A07]
This was the perfect choice to see after Attack on Titan. 
I love how good they manage to balance the cute childish things with real pain and issues. 
It makes me want to snuggle Ed and Alphonse and not ever let em go. 🤭
I loved Greed in the last episode we watched and I felt instantly attracted to his character. ❤️
Hmm. Not sure why. 🤔 
Can’t wait to watch more!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do some horror movies take torture and gore too far? hewhowalksalone 15 1,814 04-12-2019, 05:29 AM
Last Post: Rodent
  Great Movies Adam 2018 7 1,595 04-10-2019, 08:17 PM
Last Post: sunlight_hope
  Animation movies. pinocio 7 3,839 02-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Last Post: pinocio
  Movies You Want to Watch - Trailers Ak5 12 10,258 11-17-2016, 09:54 AM
Last Post: BeyondShy
Question what is your favorite 5 movies? Frodothelost 20 6,743 01-27-2015, 06:56 AM
Last Post: Punisher
  Lines in movies/songs that make you feel weepy/almost weep AJ1982 0 3,086 12-08-2014, 11:43 PM
Last Post: AJ1982
  Movies that should be made ABrokenMan 8 4,401 11-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Peaches
  73 Best Survival Movies Ladysphinx 5 536,460 10-31-2013, 02:48 AM
Last Post: wiiiper
  Favorite Movies Soundtracks? Sodium 54 16,611 09-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Beckett
  Bad movies theglasscell 6 5,305 08-05-2013, 03:17 AM
Last Post: VanillaCreme