Movies & Nightly Delights ❤️

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissBehave

Cry Baby
Reaction score
❤️ Movie Nights ❤️

Me and Unix have been watching a lot of movies and series together. 🌸 I love it! 🌸 
Would be nice to have a place to write about them. What kind of impression it made, what was good/bad and ofc if I started to cry or not because I have a bad habit of doing that. 😅
It’s so nice to have you there to pick me up when I get too emotional so thank you for that Unix. ❤️

Join in on the discussion if you want to!

We have watched the movies Rise, Dawn and War of the planet of the Apes.
When these movies were suggested I was a little unsure if I would like them. I remember watching the movie Planet of the Apes with Mark Wahlberg and I was expecting something similar. I wasn't exactly impressed with that movie or anyone's acting skills in it. Ayways. 

Rise: It was entertaining and kept me very much interested during the whole movie. One thing that I did miss was a deeper lvl of connection/emotions to the characters. It felt flat. Caesar was the emotional weight of this movie with portraying the anger he feels growing inside of him. James Franco didn't give much other than a decent performance but all in all, it's a good movie. 

Dawn: Great movie! I liked this one better than the first one. Filled with explosions and action, which isn't generally my cup of tea but since this movie had some weight to it emotionally and I felt a deeper connection with several of the characters, that made it awesome. It's so nice when I'm able to sympathize with the bad guy too, although his actions are still wrong, when you manage to feel the pain he carries, that's so great. ❤️

War: The fight to survive has begun, even though it's pretty much been like that through the previous 2, what's coming their way this time is far more sinister. This movie feels more dark, it's filled with pain and regret. Another good movie but it didn't keep the same lvl that Dawn did. ❤️

I agree pretty much on everything, except thst I really liked the first one too. Maybe it was the italian dub, but james Franco acting was very very good the first time I saw it. Plus, seeing the origins is always super interesting.

In the second one you got an awesome villain, I especially loved his design and expression.
large_1280-koba-dawn-planet-apesjpg-0d1c60_1280w.jpg

The third one was very good, but also way too drammatic. It felt like it was a solitary journey, and left out the apes society, thing thst I very appreciated in the second one. 

Overall its a very very good saga, probably the best blockbusters of this time, starting from 2011. The first film didnt aged well regarding to special effects, but in the other two its incredible how they made the apes so real. I never had the slightest doubt that it was a real apes society, and during the vision i completely forgot about the fact that those apes were in cgi

One thing I didn’t like about the last movie was the scene between the mute girl and Luca leading up to his death. I think the bond between her and the apes should have been more developed. 
Luca gives the mute girl a pink cherry blossom flower and puts it behind her ear, then he dies soon after and receives the flower back. It didn’t feel deep enough.

Oh! Did you see the window symbol in the last movie? 🤔

I thoroughly enjoyed all three of them. The first the most, the last the least.

I'm a huge fan of the originals, and if you can get past the cosmetics, I highly recommend giving at least the first one a chance. :)

Although, I will spoil a bit and say, you will not like the fact that cats and dogs go extinct in the originals due to a plague. 😭😂 Which lead to humans replacing their pet needs with apes and the evolution naturally bred from there. Unlike the Simian Flu route in the reboot. Hoping that fact ironically sparks interest. :p

And I agree with Unix, I thought James Franco was absolutely great in the first one. That **** window.... lol...

Siku said:
I thoroughly enjoyed all three of them. The first the most, the last the least.

I'm a huge fan of the originals, and if you can get past the cosmetics, I highly recommend giving at least the first one a chance. :)

Although, I will spoil a bit and say, you will not like the fact that cats and dogs go extinct in the originals due to a plague. 😭😂 Which lead to humans replacing their pet needs with apes and the evolution naturally bred from there. Unlike the Simian Flu route in the reboot. Hoping that fact ironically sparks interest. :p

And I agree with Unix, I thought James Franco was absolutely great in the first one. That **** window.... lol...

Kinda of a late reply :p i cant really get past the cosmetics. Its a limit of mine. I really liked the cgi in the new ones 

In progress
MV5BZmEzN2YzOTItMDI5MS00MGU4LWI1NWQtOTg5ZThhNGQwYTEzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpg

This was the perfect choice to see after Attack on Titan. 
I love how good they manage to balance the cute childish things with real pain and issues. 
It makes me want to snuggle Ed and Alphonse and not ever let em go. 🤭
I loved Greed in the last episode we watched and I felt instantly attracted to his character. ❤️
Hmm. Not sure why. 🤔 
Can’t wait to watch more!

giphy.gif

We are half way through the series already. 😭
I don’t want it to end. Like, I wish it would continue on forever. 

My thoughts about Ed and Alphonse:
The first episodes I got this feeling that they are opposites. Regarding their personalities, Ed came across as harder, impulsive and angry vs Alphonse that’s a soft and gentle cutie.
Now that we are in the middle of the show, after seeing the story unfold it’s great to see that they are more balanced as humans. Ed is being shown as more soft and loving, Alphonse is having a more tough touch. 

For me it’s been very easy to get personally invested in this show. ❤️

giphy.gif

5d42ec4236e03c42e301def8

Just watched The Land Before Time with Unix.
I cried 4 times.
It was so amazing. 
This movie and The Little Mermaid was my favorit ones growing up.
I craved what Littlefoot had, someone that was always watching over him.
Never feeling abandoned and alone.
That was all I wanted and still want.

Get Out

A crazy ass movie. 😁
Seems like an ordinary cheesy love comedy thingy at first but it ended up surprising the honeysuckle out of me.
It's not one of those movies that will go down in history of being really good but it is entertaining for sure! ❤️

FullMetal Alchemy Brotherhood is over. 😭 
We have watched it all! 
****.. Great anime. ❤️
I’m gonna miss it so much. 😭

giphy.gif

MV5BMTAzODc3NjU1NzNeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDk5NTQ4NTMx._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,677,1000_AL_.jpg

Soooo good and a complete mindbend!
I am super clever so I figured it out.
*hihi*  :rolleyes:

Monsters-University-UK-Poster.jpg

Awesome film. One of my favorite movies. It somehow feels like my story, the failure, the realization that you are not good enough and still being able to go on. My favorite pixar movie

giphy.gif

It was funny and super cute!
Think my fav scene was when they were in the library  :p
Animation movies rock :D

51po9WM6HKL._SY355_.jpg

Such a sweet movie!
Tearjerker.
Perfect on a shitty day

PS.
Thank you for making me feel better.
It means alot to me that you wanted to do that for me.
*hugs*

small_99e57089fdc67be67c635d0ca4f0fc60-Jim_20and_20Andy.jpg

We watched Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond.
I think this documentary talks about a lot of important stuff so im very glad you wanted to see it Unix!
The subject of this film can get me a little emotional because it hits home in me regarding being myself.
Since I see myself as having an almost split mind, it kinda hurts a little.
Its important to watch nontheless.
Think its good that Jim Carrey lets himself be vulnerable in it. Hearing him talk about his father is pretty cool.
I love it when someone opens up lets you see their soul.

Quote from Jim Carrey:
"Where did this character come from? What is the dirt that the pearl is built around? And the pearl is the personality that you build around yourself as a protection against that thought: "If they ever find out that I'm worthless, if they ever find out that I'm not enough, I'll be destroyed".

"At some point when you create yourself to make it, you're going to have to either let that creation go and take a chance on being loved or hated for who you really are, or you're going to have to kill who you really are and fall into your grave grasping a character you never were."

Death_Note-cover.jpg

There is even the need of writing something? One of the best shows i have ever seen. The philosophy and the moral dilemmas are exceptional, interesting plot and characters and the saddest ending i have ever seen.

Italian dub rocks here
0:50

I have been watching Bojack Horseman with Unix and now we got only a few more episodes of the last season. Initially I though that it would be yet another funny animated humor show but it pretty much swept me off my feet. 
All those cute animals already made me smile from the beginning. Mr Peanutbutter is one lovable dog! 😍
At first glance it seems innocent enough but it's so full of dept and real human hurt that it hurt my heart in those desperate moments. I like shows where it portrais real life struggles, anxiety and moments of true despair. To make it even better they wrap it in with a lot of laugh out loud moments. 
It's a good balance between the sad and the funny. 💗
My favorit character in this show is Sarah Lynn. A girl stuck in a place she can't get out of, together with Bojack. 
I think I'll never forget the moment in the planetarium. ✨
Now I'm kinda scared of finishing it. It seems to be heading to a place of no return. I hope it ends well. 😟
I guess that one way to find out if a show is good or not is to see how much you care about the characters in it. ♥️

Normal People.Me and trouble have just finished this and although an English reviewer in my daily newspaper hated it ,thought it really dull we were quite hooked.Its a slow burner and frustrating but hoping there is a follow up after the twist at the end.

Latest posts

Back