Anybody out there struggle to find their dream partner?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wondering if anybody is experiencing difficulty finding someone they'd like to settle down with. What are some of your experiences? Are you lost in today's dating world? Do you not know where to start? What's holding you back from becoming successful in your dating life? Share some of your struggles!

I struggle to rid myself of my past so I’ll be able to be with the one I want to be with ❤️

o0dA8S.jpg

mikeangelocabz said:
That is so awesome! I get happy when I hear things like that!

MissBehave said:
I struggle to rid myself of my past so I’ll be able to be with the one I want to be with ❤️

You know nothing about her, you idiot.  Go sell your crappy coaching somewhere else.

harper said:
mikeangelocabz said:

MissBehave said:

You know nothing about her, you idiot.  Go sell your crappy coaching somewhere else.

Who pissed in your coffee this morning? ****..

MissBehave said:

Sorry I completely read that wrong! I did not mean what I said. I thought you said "I struggled but got rid of my past so now I'm able to be with the one I want to be with"!! Ugghh sorry

harper said:
mikeangelocabz said:

MissBehave said:

Knock it off harper, name calling is NOT allowed here. Unless the OP starts to solicit people for money for his help and advice he's NOT doing anything wrong. The only person doing something wrong here so far is you with your name calling and attacking the OP.

Sci-Fi said:
Knock it off harper, name calling is NOT allowed here. Unless the OP starts to solicit people for money for his help and advice he's NOT doing anything wrong. The only person doing something wrong here so far is you with your name calling and attacking the OP.

I've seen guys like the OP both here and in other places before, and they do almost always ask for money for their help and advice eventually, if not right away. I've had it happen a few times and it gets annoying quickly when they start trying to get you to buy stuff. On the one hand, it makes sense cause it's their business. But on the other hand, their desire to help, for a price, can seem insincere and off-putting. Knowing that this is a business can rub some people the wrong way, especially if you've had experience with these coaches and gurus, or you weren't seeking out their services yourself. It feels like they don't really care about if you wind up with someone or not, or if their advice or techniques work or not, just as long as they get another paying customer. And some people are exasperated with it. People aren't really looking for a business to help them here, they're not looking for someone to sell them courses, seminars, or subscriptions. They are looking for some understanding and someone that actually cares about them.

I don't know...while I feel like calling the guy an idiot was harsh, and I do believe in giving people a chance instead of shooting first and not asking questions, I feel like that's all you saw here - one person calling another an idiot, and not the context behind it. Or swearing. I've noticed that you tend to fixate on things like namecalling and swearing, but you don't seem to care about WHY one person swore at another, or called them a name, and maybe how if the first person hadn't done something to antagonize the other, the whole incident wouldn't have happened. The thing is, swearing and namecalling aren't the only ways to insult someone either. I've seen certain people subtly insult others several times, sometimes with barely any subtlety at all, and it's always obvious what they're doing - and not only is nothing done about it, but if someone gets mad at the person who subtly insulted them, then they are the bad guy, and it's as if the original antagonism never happened. It's very reminiscent of grade school - all namecalling, swearing, and fighting is bad, whether it's bullying or standing up for yourself, it doesn't matter, it's all the same. But life doesn't work like that.

Sometimes, when one person calls another a name or swears at them, it's not out of picking a fight. It's because they're sick and tired of the way a person is treating them or something else they are doing, it's because they are aggravated or antagonized past their limits of restraint, reason, or decency - especially if the powers that be aren't doing anything to solve the issue because they don't see it as a problem or just don't care, or if the antagonizing is so heinous that it demands an assertive response, to preserve one's pride and dignity. Same with throwing a punch. It's not all the same, and to treat it like it's all the same just isn't factually correct. Context matters.

I'm not!

Life is just a sort of a trip with many bus stop everybody gets in or gets off.

Latest posts

Back