My experience with Religions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I was able to believe.
It seems... comforting. 
Don’t think that’s happening anytime soon though.

All religions have a god that is very dormant in nature .

Come down from your thrones and set peace on earth

Fix all the people problems you mostly good for nothing God .

Tobakki3 said:
All religions have a god that is very dormant in nature .

Come down from your thrones and set peace on earth

Fix all the people problems you mostly good for nothing God .

Never heard of Shamanism have we?

Tobakki, Your distaste of religion is a common result for many people who get a bad taste of it.  A prime example is the Jehovah's Witnesses.  The ones that escape this cult typically refute any kind of religion after that.  Understandably, once their trust has been violated, they aren't receptive to considering any other religious options.  I get it, but it's an illogical path to reject truth just because of the prevalence of so many lies.  If we made all decisions in life that way, we'd believe in nothing and be able to do nothing.

People need to recognize that all religions aren't the same.  Their doctrines of divinity, salvation, and the afterlife are significantly different, making it impossible for all of them to be right.  Either one is right over the others, or they're all wrong.  I've spent the last 24 years studying world religions and Christian apologetics and have learned why the Christian faith is the one and only true religion in this world worth following.  Besides having prophetic, scientific, archaeological, and textual criticism evidence supporting it over the other false religions, it's the only mainstream religion based upon a personal relationship with our Creator, Lord, and Savior. Islam certainly doesn't hold that belief system, so I understand your exposure to it causing a blind rejection of all religion.

If you just gaze at the stars at night or consider the biological complexity of life, it should be apparent that there is a supernatural creator to this universe.  Given that, it follows that such a creator would have made us for a reason, wanting to have a relationship with the individuals that he created.  Thus, one of the religions of the world explaining this relationship should be right.  And since most of them have us with a soul and some type of eternal afterlife, I'd suggest that the whole issue is immeasurably important.  Rather than reject the whole idea because of one bad ideology, I'd suggest researching more and seeking the truth.

TheRealCallie got it right again Tobakki.  In this fallen world of imperfect people, there's little way to make everyone peaceful and compatible without taking away free will.  And if you take away the free will of all of the unloving, imperfect people, you can't have love - because love, of God or other people, must be voluntary.  The most common reason cited by Atheists for their unbelief in a god is the issue of evil, pain, and suffering that occurs in this world.  There are many books, articles, and videos providing answers to this issue, but that requires someone to have an open heart that seeks truth.  I'll tell you now though that the current, messed up world is a perfect environment for achieving our purpose in life - to know God and to love others.  Jesus is the sole pathway for that, setting the ultimate example of sacrificial, unconditional love.

Sir Joseph said:
If you just gaze at the stars at night or consider the biological complexity of life, it should be apparent that there is a supernatural creator to this universe.  Given that, it follows that such a creator would have made us for a reason, wanting to have a relationship with the individuals that he created.  Thus, one of the religions of the world explaining this relationship should be right.  And since most of them have us with a soul and some type of eternal afterlife, I'd suggest that the whole issue is immeasurably important.  Rather than reject the whole idea because of one bad ideology, I'd suggest researching more and seeking the truth.

For me it’s more that I feel there is a spirituality in life itself. 
Staring up at starry night makes me feel like I’m part of something. Just another soul walking around on this planet, being connected with other souls in this world, the blackness of space and everything in it. With other people, animals and everything else. Connection in sharing this place. 
Feeling everything others also feel. Pain, anger, hopes & dreams, fear, happiness, love and desire. 
Being a part of this nothingness and absolute significance.

It's a glimpse of something like that I'm able to get once in a while.

MissBehave, I love your insightful view on spirituality and I found great comfort in it for a recent bereavement. Thank you for helping me to fill that void inside.

Rosie007 said:
MissBehave, I love your insightful view on spirituality and I found great comfort in it for a recent bereavement. Thank you for helping me to fill that void inside.

🌸 *hug* 🌸

@Sir Joseph

I do not believe a person like Jesus is the God , the creator of the universe

I have a million other role models i can depend on .

To me he represents a bit of peace and suffering

Other than that Jesus is not a significant figure in my life .

The creator of the universe must be a little bit more powerful than this person Jesus christ in my opinion .

The whole God in general looks like a weak game

Nowadays i am mostly an atheist

@ahsatan

Same story here

When I was younger I considered myself an atheist.
I don't see myself that way now.

I go to an Anglican church because my daughter loves it there. I like it also because people are loving, non-judgemental and generous. Sermons last 15 minutes absolute maximum, not too long to fall asleep to.

Does "believing " makes a person an idolater or a religious folk? If so, I'm a secular idolater but not a religious guy except I was happily engaged with a woman I made happier.

Yes! I don't attend any church I'm getting rid of all the belief system I had (Christiany) yet learning about the NDEs brought me back to the God I want to befriend and know first hand and NOT by an umptienth account (I wish God was more accesible) and I got rid of many tales as X-mas and I don't mind Jesus was my older brother, but NOT as the true God I think I missed.

It's unbelieveable we were His creatures and He left us (alone) because we OFTEN do things He dislikes... I took care of my Dad untill His last weeks and I take care of my Mom, as much as we BOTH tolerate one another... Will I leave my kids to guess where I am?

Love is or should be talkative! If He was the maker of all manhood He surely know what's deep inside of each human being.

Talking and learning from NDErs helped me realized I was lied by those who were also lied ir ill-biased by religion.

Since Tobakki has raised the issue of religion that brings interest from others, I'll add my Christian perspective here for the benefit of all, including Atheists and misguided believers.

Set aside religious beliefs based upon the crimes of certain churches, objectionable man-made rules and traditions, or hypocritical faith leaders and followers. The wrong actions of people do not determine the validity of any religious doctrines.  Truth is based upon evidence and reality, not by majority consensus, individuals' behaviors, or personal preferences.

The first step in determining the truth about religion is to determine whether there is any supernatural creator or god at all. This is a debated issue between creationism and evolution, and right now the world is being inundated with evolution as an established fact.

There is voluminous material available today supporting both evolution and creationism.  Depending on your world view, you can easily support your preferred belief with any number of references.  Like most taught Christians today, I used to believe in evolution. However, after years of personal study, I learned these 3 things:

- Creationism (God) and evolution (naturalism) are incompatible belief systems.

- The evidence for Darwinian evolution is surprisingly weak or even lacking.

- The scientific evidence for creationism is overwhelming.

Without detailing a thesis of evidence here, let me just summarize two of the most powerful arguments for creationism, based upon the most well established, accepted scientific laws of physics and biology:

The First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics mandate that our universe could not have created itself out of nothing - as the popularized big bang theory proposes.  The creation of time, space, and matter requires a supernatural creator beyond the physical properties of our universe. There is no exceptions to this law and all current quantum mechanics theories to circumvent this law are entirely unsubstantiated; they're just biased, vain efforts to find an alternative to any supernatural cause.

The Law of Biogenesis mandates that life only comes from life of its own kind.  To propose that life originated from non-life and progressed from one kind to another, as evolution requires, goes against all observations and conclusions of biological science. To date, we have no evidence of life ever being created from non-life or evolving from one kind to a more complex higher kind. All claims or assumptions of such are deceptively wrong.  Even leading Atheist scientists concede that they haven't a clue how life originated naturally, and any theory of evolution via chance mutations is based upon conjecture, not actual evidence. Such current theories oppose numerous scientific laws.

Its ironic that people consider creationism as a faith based idea and evolution as a scientific fact, since the actual evidence is just the opposite.  In fact, there's a preponderance of scientific evidence supporting creationism over evolution. I could detail a dozen, but just considering two of these scientific principles, it should cause pause to any rational person holding to Atheistic beliefs or evolutionary theory. The established scientific laws of our universe clearly dictate a supernatural creator. For most people, that would equate to a god of some sort.

The evidence that our Creator would be the God of the Holy Bible is another issue (which could be detailed with historical, archaeological, scientific, prophetic, and textual criticism evidence).  But to anyone with an open heart to proven scientific evidence, the obvious truth is that there is a god that made our amazing universe and all life as we know it.  And you can bet that he wouldn't go to such trouble without a reason. I would suggest that we're all part of his special creation and we thus have a purpose in life.  Christianity logically fulfills this purpose - by teaching us about our Creator and the relationship we're intended to have with him.  To miss that, is to miss the most important thing in life.

You know threads like this usually end badly...
Regardless, I personally believe all religions are man-made hokum designed to get either money or power out of people. Whatever that religion is named.
However, that being said, I admire and defend people's right to believe in whatever they want, even if I believe it to be hokum. This comes from someone who was a catholic who wanted to be a priest as a kid, who converted to another religion, who switched back because he saw it was a hoodwink. I think belief in a precept, a power, a supernatural explanation of the world, or universe, is seperable from what we identify as "religion", or rather organised religion. If someone wants to believe in Allah, or Yahwe, or Shiva or anything else, he has a right to it. Wether it be right or wrong, it ain't for us to decide, they're welcome to it.
But, alas...not on my boat, please ;-)

for me submission to Allah is what makes heart content, in my hardest darkest life Allah gave me solutions, when i'm lonely He is the only friend whose always been there for me, He is my best friend. He is the reason i keep going. His paradise are worthy.

life is a test, the only resting place is in paradise, i'll do my best.

i'm not open for debate, i just want to said what i believe.

People believe in all sorts of stuff depending on the exposure

I don't think most people has the time to go through all the major religions of the world .

What are we even looking for in it ?

The existence of a creator ?

What proof's does these religions provide for an existence of a god ?

No religion gives a complete explanation of the beginning of the universe , Why is that ?

Just bits and peaces of information most of us can barely understand .

Quran says there were 1,25000 prophets from different times .

These wise men's aside ,

Which chapter should i look for to read about the creation of the space , universe or the atoms and the gravity ?

No i, i am not blindly criticizing religions , I just cant find what i am looking for about the space , the universe , the atoms or the gravity .

If the "doctrine" of narcissism were clearly established to be studied, I would admit I worshipped me and had too little idolaters.

The self is seeking its own cult!

No religion gives a complete explanation of the beginning of the universe , Why is that ?

If I dared to explained where I came from, I'm unable my biológica parents joined their "seeds" to produce me...

How come would I explain where the universe come from?

Theories are models and models, aren't perfect.

This is going to be derrailed?

MissBehave said:

That's why I think you're an angel. 😉

MissBehave said:

That's why I think you're an angel. 😉

Latest posts

Back