My crooked teeth and half-baked smile

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lilly2

One of my own social problems includes my half-baked, almost disingenous smile.  I don't smile fully because I have crooked teeth on the bottom (one tooth is in front of the other) and missing incisors (the ones next to your two front teeth) on the top (I was born that way).  I am planning on getting braces and some other cosmetic dentistry work done in the future. But until then, my smile remains "half-baked."  

Some people may be put off by my half-smile, and they may be put off by my crooked teeth.  Either way, this makes me feel inferior, embarrassed, and anxious whenever I encounter someone IRL.  Thus, I feel socially awkward and experience some levels of social anxiety whenever I attempt to socialize with humans, even my friends.  Interviews are even more challenging for me!  

I wonder if anyone else has similar issues with their teeth.  

Thanks for listening.   :p

Oh! Since I'm witnessing my own falling I don't want to think If I had to control myself at laughing... That should be a very inconfortable situation to be in and since I have to get rid of 3 pieces and grew up receiving compliments about my teeths or the way I laugh 😁 now I understand how one of my friends feels when he tries to laugh or when he tries to listen (he received a shot in the mouth some years ago).

At the long run now i know I was raised to be NARCISIST and self-centered 

Oh God help me LESS narcisist and less self-centered. 😞

Hi Lilly,

I can fully understand how you feel about your teeth, mine aren't great and I have a big underbite (lower teeth further forward than the upper), which has affected how I feel about my looks in the past. While I understand how you feel, it's important to remember that it's a natural thing for people to over-emphasise faults in their appearance. I can understand that you feel you need something cosmetic done, but at the same time I'm a strong believer in people being beautiful as they are. You don't have to have anything done in order to feel confident, you can be perfectly proud of yourself as you are. The human race is varied in the extreme and something like this is relatively low on the scale, in my opinion anyway.

What's important here is you smiling, not the details of what your smile may or may not look like.

Crooked teeth are, at first glance, a purely aesthetic problem. What would seem wrong with one or more of your teeth growing slightly out of place? Crooked teeth can spoil a smile. But the biggest problem with crooked teeth is their negative impact on health. I advise you not to hesitate to see a doctor. I really regret not getting *spam link removed* right after giving birth. I agonized and tried to deal with my body issues on my own for so long. That's why I advise you not to put it off either, especially since getting your teeth fixed is not a quick thing to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back