Coffee...and Tea

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosie007

I can't wake properly without my morning tea, usually at 5 AM and after bathroom and breakfast it's out to work where my coffee machine awaits in a corner of my surgery. I have a serious caffeine addiction, but the machine is handy because I can pop in a Nespresso capsule and enjoy my espresso in-between patients. :p

What is your favourite between the two? Tea or coffee? Or maybs it's both?

Have a good day everyone!

I like both. I usually have max two cups of coffee a day. During the winter I drink hot beverages like tea or cocoa too every day. Or a Norwegian hot thingy called Gløgg. It's soooo delicious 😍
Nothing like having something warm to sip on while it's cold outside or when I'm soaking after walking the dog in the rain. 😁

Depends on what I'm going for. If it's taste or I've already had too much caffeine, I prefer tea. If I need some caffeine, it's coffee.

I'm not actually supposed to have any caffeine, but well, that's just stupid, who can go through their day without caffeine? It's insane. So yeah, taste I prefer tea, but I typically start every morning with a cup of black coffee and I usually don't finish the cup. I used to drink a crapload of coffee, though. lol

Tea. My tummy can't handle coffee sadly. Fruity  and herbal teas I really like.

a432dddf8265fe1735abf7b5ae5e7881.jpg
:shy: :p

MissBehave said:
I like both. I usually have max two cups of coffee a day. During the winter I drink hot beverages like tea or cocoa too every day. Or a Norwegian hot thingy called Gløgg. It's soooo delicious 😍
Nothing like having something warm to sip on while it's cold outside or when I'm soaking after walking the dog in the rain. 😁

Gløgg is glorious! I've a Norwegan friend who makes it and will ask her for the recipe. And post it here for you. :)

Rosie007 said:
MissBehave said:

Gløgg is glorious! I've a Norwegan friend who makes it and will ask her for the recipe. And post it here for you. :)

Ohhhh.. a fellow Gløgg enthusiast 😍
I have chopped almonds and raisins in my cup. 🥳

MissBehave said:
Rosie007 said:
MissBehave said:

Ohhhh.. a fellow Gløgg enthusiast 😍
I have chopped almonds and raisins in my cup. 🥳

Then I think this recipe will be exactly to your liking. This is what my friend wrote:

Make sure you use aquavit, not cognac or vodka because aquavit is traditionally scandinavian and tastier whereas the others would spoil the gløgg's flavour. The best aquavit is either Linie's Double Cask or the more expensive but excellent Bareksten which is cratfs made in small batches. Failing those use the cheaper Skåne.

Ingredients

1 bottle of red wine    
1 teaspoon cardamom pods, crushed   
5 whole cloves    
1 large sliced cinnamon stick    
1 x 2-inch piece of ginger, chopped    
12 ounces white sugar    
½ 750-ml bottle of aquavit    
3½ ounces raisins    
3½ ounces sliced almonds

Heat red wine slowly in a saucepan over medium to high heat. Put the cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and ginger in a spice bag (muslin fabric) and add to the pot. Stir in the sugar until it dissolves.

Remove the pan from heat and let cool, approximately 2 hours. Add the aquavit to the pan and place over medium-high heat. Heat until just before mixture reaches a boil. Add raisins and almonds. Transfer mixture to a punchbowl, remove the spice bag and ladle into large glass cups with little spoons, scooping up raisins and almonds. Serves 8.

MissBehave said:
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ 
Thanks Rosie! 
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

You're welcome! If I don't see you here later, then I'll know you'll be sleeping it off. :p 

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back