Anyone in their 30s and still single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookiebird

Reaction score
And never been married without kids? I’m a 32 year old female whose just been dumped by her boyfriend recently! I worry I won’t find anyone who hasn’t been married or hasn’t had kids :-(

Cookiebird said:
And never been married without kids? I’m a 32 year old female whose just been dumped by her boyfriend recently! I worry I won’t find anyone who hasn’t been married or hasn’t had kids :-(

Hmmn!

You should not be afraid. If you're a good cook. 😉

If you're really concerned, you got to a good place to find the one you think you mate.

Probably a lot of people. I just turned 39 and I'm still single. But I can't really say I'm trying to find anyone either. 😁

Don't worry cookie, lots of people are still single in your age bracket. I work in London and it's actually quite normal for many people to be unmarried and/or without kids at that sort of age. Keep looking, don't give up.

Yeti1980 said:
Don't worry cookie, lots of people are still single in your age bracket. I work in London and it's actually quite normal for many people to be unmarried and/or without kids at that sort of age. Keep looking, don't give up.

Aww thank you for your kind words. I also live in London! I guess I’m just worrying too much!

I'm going to be 30 this March and I'm 99.99% sure I'll still be single. Not sure if that counts or not. Half of me doesn't care for some odd reason, but the other half is empty feeling. I guess having a weird personality and never wanting kids eliminates all chances. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was single forever. That's just my opinion though, and life is a harsh mysterious. Most people can't be trusted and just want to use you. Worst part is when you can't go anywhere without seeing couples together. Just that alone is enough to ruin your day.

If you're in London then you're probably in one of the best places in the country to meet people, no sweat! I was mid-30's when I had a massive break-up with a long term partner, just a few years down the line now it seems like a minor bump in the road. The worry is understandable but it doesn't help the situation and in the long run I'm pretty confident you have nothing to worry about.

All the best!

34 and haven't had a girlfriend since I was 29. And didn't have one for years prior to that. Very much never been married or had kids.

Terra448 said:
I'm going to be 30 this March and I'm 99.99% sure I'll still be single. Not sure if that counts or not. Half of me doesn't care for some odd reason, but the other half is empty feeling. I guess having a weird personality and never wanting kids eliminates all chances. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was single forever. That's just my opinion though, and life is a harsh mysterious. Most people can't be trusted and just want to use you. Worst part is when you can't go anywhere without seeing couples together. Just that alone is enough to ruin your day.

Do you ever actively search for a relationship? Like dating apps etc? I find it hard trusting people!

Yeti1980 said:
If you're in London then you're probably in one of the best places in the country to meet people, no sweat! I was mid-30's when I had a massive break-up with a long term partner, just a few years down the line now it seems like a minor bump in the road. The worry is understandable but it doesn't help the situation and in the long run I'm pretty confident you have nothing to worry about.

All the best!

Aww thank you for your kind words. May I ask if you’re female or male?

I’m el Jay said:
34 and haven't had a girlfriend since I was 29. And didn't have one for years prior to that. Very much never been married or had kids.
Haha maybe you’re the perfect match for me :)

el Jay said:
Haha maybe you’re the perfect match for me :)

It's unlikely, but it probably wouldn't matter anyways, as I'm in the States. I've often had the same concerns as you as I get older, but the concern over marriage/kids isn't really an issue when you don't seem to meet people at all.

Although I'm not as concerned about not being married before, but maybe that's because my first girlfriend was divorced. Either way, I don't have to worry about potential girlfriends having been married or having kids if potential girlfriends don't even exist.

Well I'm 41 and I've only pseudo dated one woman. Didn't quite work out. And I don't particularly want children. So yay me? So if you came looking for that you hit the jack pot on this forum lol.

I'm in my thirties too. Never been married and have no kids and don't want any. My cat is my son. :p

:Pahsatan said:
I'm in my thirties too. Never been married and have no kids and don't want any. My cat is my son. :p

Nice to know someone else that doesn't really want kids.  Society makes it seem like we're the weirdos when I show that attitude.   :p

I know right? Not wanting to have kids is not normal in society. That sux.

ahsatan said:
I know right? Not wanting to have kids is not normal in society. That sux.

Yeah like at work my coworkers are married with children. Sometimes they talk about them. I'm just like uh yeah ok. Cool. lol. I can't relate whatsoever.
Sometimes I think that might be nice. But then reality snaps back real quick and I'm like nope.

Cookiebird,

It depends on what you define as actively searching. Where I live, I'm considered weird and often misunderstood for having personality flaws despite my introversion. People might like what they see on the outside, but they can't stand me for who I am. I guess you could say that I'm discouraged to even try because I know that I'll always be misunderstood, judged, or taken advantage of.

I don't like dating apps at all. In fact, they are worse than attempting to meet people IRL. You go and set up a public account and try to get over the anxiety of someone spreading your profile around to make fun of. Then you have to somehow make yourself not look undesirable no matter how much you try to be yourself. Finally, you wait, swipe, and do all that superficial nonsense while trying not to lose your sanity or sink into depression. You give up and uninstall the app hating yourself for wasting money on it to begin with.

I think I'd rather try the old fashioned way and ask for a phone number. I just hope nobody thinks I'm crazy for not using social media. When you are an atheist, introverted, quirky, a loner, under-employed, and never wanting kids, then that pretty much eliminates all potentially available people.

Terra448 said:
Cookiebird,

It depends on what you define as actively searching. Where I live, I'm considered weird and often misunderstood for having personality flaws despite my introversion. People might like what they see on the outside, but they can't stand me for who I am. I guess you could say that I'm discouraged to even try because I know that I'll always be misunderstood, judged, or taken advantage of.

I don't like dating apps at all. In fact, they are worse than attempting to meet people IRL. You go and set up a public account and try to get over the anxiety of someone spreading your profile around to make fun of. Then you have to somehow make yourself not look undesirable no matter how much you try to be yourself. Finally, you wait, swipe, and do all that superficial nonsense while trying not to lose your sanity or sink into depression. You give up and uninstall the app hating yourself for wasting money on it to begin with.

I think I'd rather try the old fashioned way and ask for a phone number. I just hope nobody thinks I'm crazy for not using social media. When you are an atheist, introverted, quirky, a loner, under-employed, and never wanting kids, then that pretty much eliminates all potentially available people.

Why can’t people stand you on the inside? Do you not think you are being kinda harsh on yourself?

ahsatan said:
Lol @ my cat is my son. My cats my son and my dogs my daughter. Do you want to get married though?

el Jay said:
It's unlikely, but it probably wouldn't matter anyways, as I'm in the States. I've often had the same concerns as you as I get older, but the concern over marriage/kids isn't really an issue when you don't seem to meet people at all.

Although I'm not as concerned about not being married before, but maybe that's because my first girlfriend was divorced. Either way, I don't have to worry about potential girlfriends having been married or having kids if potential girlfriends don't even exist.

I’m sure potential girlfriends do exist. You can’t dismiss it completely! Why don’t you try dating apps?

I'd like to get married but i'd be fine with just having a b/f. That would be a miracle though.lol :shy:

That's pawsome u have furry animal kids! :p

g38004.gif

ahsatan said:
I'd like to get married but i'd be fine with just having a b/f. That would be a miracle though.lol :shy:

That's pawsome u have furry animal kids! :p

g38004.gif

That's cute !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back