Anyone in their 30s and still single?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ahsatan said:
I'd like to get married but i'd be fine with just having a b/f. That would be a miracle though.lol :shy:

That's pawsome u have furry animal kids! :p

g38004.gif

Why do you find it challenging to meet someone? Animals kids are the best!

Well I have pretty bad health probs and I don't look very nice. Yea it can be tough.

I love animal kids! lol

ahsatan said:
Well I  have pretty bad health probs and I don't look very nice. Yea it can be tough.

I love animal kids! lol

How can you say you don’t look very nice 😩 that’s a terrible thing to say!

I know. I was bullied as a kid so that kinda stuck with me sadly. It's difficult to not care what people think.I also forgot about awkwardness. Oh boy I can be awkward!

Cookiebird

I've no idea. Social akwardness? Unwillingness to conform to societal expectations and modern trends? Your guess is as good as mine.

Cookiebird said:
el Jay said:
It's unlikely, but it probably wouldn't matter anyways, as I'm in the States. I've often had the same concerns as you as I get older, but the concern over marriage/kids isn't really an issue when you don't seem to meet people at all.

Although I'm not as concerned about not being married before, but maybe that's because my first girlfriend was divorced. Either way, I don't have to worry about potential girlfriends having been married or having kids if potential girlfriends don't even exist.

I’m sure potential girlfriends do exist. You can’t dismiss it completely! Why don’t you try dating apps?

I've tried apps, and didn't get much luck. I tried dating sites for 9 years, and all I got was the one girlfriend when I was 29 that lasted 4 months. Lots and lots of potential that always falls through before anything can even come of it. It's so mentally exhausting, and only makes me feel more hopeless and despairing about my loneliness.

I dismiss it completely because giving up on it hurts less than holding out pointless hope, and every time, in a moment of weakness that I try again to meet someone, it ends with me being hurt and left alone yet again, almost always before we even meet.

TropicalStarfish said:
30's - check
single - check
no kids - check

And I don't even have any Grey Poupon...

Hilarious advert Tropical , never seen it thanks .I had a lovely customer like him years ago ,miss him now :D
Apologise about derailing the thread.I have a ball and chain but she doesn't hold me back from everything I want to do.(Final edit) But I do love her and I think she loves me sometimes understandable because I'm sometimes very annoying. I'm alot older than thirty.

As you were.....

el Jay said:
Cookiebird said:
el Jay said:
It's unlikely, but it probably wouldn't matter anyways, as I'm in the States. I've often had the same concerns as you as I get older, but the concern over marriage/kids isn't really an issue when you don't seem to meet people at all.

Although I'm not as concerned about not being married before, but maybe that's because my first girlfriend was divorced. Either way, I don't have to worry about potential girlfriends having been married or having kids if potential girlfriends don't even exist.

I’m sure potential girlfriends do exist. You can’t dismiss it completely! Why don’t you try dating apps?

I've tried apps, and didn't get much luck. I tried dating sites for 9 years, and all I got was the one girlfriend when I was 29 that lasted 4 months. Lots and lots of potential that always falls through before anything can even come of it. It's so mentally exhausting, and only makes me feel more hopeless and despairing about my loneliness.

I dismiss it completely because giving up on it hurts less than holding out pointless hope, and every time, in a moment of weakness that I try again to meet someone, it ends with me being hurt and left alone yet again, almost always before we even meet.

Same here. Have tried dating apps, and sites like eharmony for almost 20 years. Hate to think of how much money I have poured in to them. None have been a success. Only times anyone even responds is when they are scammers wanting money. It is as bad as ‘real life’.

I'm 32 and have only ever been in one short relationship when I was in my mid-twenties. I often wonder how I even got that guy to like me. But it's good to know there are others in the same boat. :)

Laura Alone said:
I'm 32 and have only ever been in one short relationship when I was in my mid-twenties. I often wonder how I even got that guy to like me. But it's good to know there are others in the same boat. :)

Welcome to the forum. Yeah you'll find many of us here with similar stories. Hope this site helps you. I found some cool people here.

I'm in my 30's and I'm kind of single. I'm also kind of married. It's complicated. I just tell people I'm happily married, as long as he stays with his girlfriend. Lol

TheRealCallie said:
I'm in my 30's and I'm kind of single. I'm also kind of married. It's complicated. I just tell people I'm happily married, as long as he stays with his girlfriend. Lol

Oh wow, lol. Is that Happy Fun times?

Yes, and I don't give a honeysuckle. Life moves on, plenty of fish in the sea and all that jazz.

PandaSwag said:
:Pahsatan said:
I'm in my thirties too. Never been married and have no kids and don't want any. My cat is my son. :p

Nice to know someone else that doesn't really want kids.  Society makes it seem like we're the weirdos when I show that attitude.   :p

Just over 40 and happily human child free too.   :)

Single people at all stages of life exist everywhere.  :D

So much I relate to here. I’m 28, and have never had a relationship. I’m still a virgin too. So I’m most certainly destined to be in the same boat at 30 and beyond. I’ve never even been on a date. What can I say? Some of us just don’t have whatever it is that others have which gets them dates/partners. Then, of course, you start getting up in your late 20s to 30s and you completely run out of options. Everyone is either married, has been married, has kids, or is taken. You have no options. No opportunity ever presents itself. You look around and everyone else has significant others. They seem to obtain them without much effort really. But to you it’s virtually unimaginable. There really isn’t a thing we can do about it. That’s just the sad reality of the world we live in.

It sucks so much it’s crazy. I’ve asked multiple women out. I’ve approached them. The only responses I get are either straight up no, or they’re taken. I’ve never I guess there’s always some small, tiny chance you could get lucky. But I’ve almost completely given up hope for me personally.

Recently had a friend of a friend come on to me. First bit of interest from a woman. I like her as a person, but end of the day I couldn't find her attractive, given that she's very overweight, on antidepressants, has an obvious drinking problem and seems to lead an unhealthy lifestyle. Kind of a shock to realize my options are limited to women I can't be interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back