Sobering facts about loneliness_Eye opening in sad way

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunless Sky

Reaction score
[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/j-Gil9l8yIE[/video]

Dammit, cant get the video to show

[youtube]j-Gil9l8yIE[/youtube]

hey I did  it 4 u! :shy:

You put youtube in brackets then the stuff after the slash which is [font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]j-Gil9l8yIE[/font]
then youtube in brackets again but put a slash in front of youtube.
I hope that makes sense. I kinda suck at explaining stuff sometimes.

No worries, you make perfect sense.

Thank you ahsatan, you're a real pal :)

your-welcome-animated-gif-5.gif
:shy:

That TED talk just makes me feel more alone. I wish I could connect. Because the people that hurt this way the most, understand the most. I live in a figurative and somewhat literal prison. Sharing that with just a coworker or parent isn't the same. That doesn't help with the loneliness felt by me and I suspect many on this forum. And I wish I knew If I could make a deeper connection. I tried it once and that person used it in a way that made it hurt it more. Finding a new beginning, is that possible? Feels like an endless search that only ends in death alone. And bits of hope here and there dangled in front of ones eyes or ears.

Omg 😱
No wonder my hypertension has been getting worse ...
The only friends I have are the ones I've made online..
And every one of them lives is soooo far away..
I am imprisoned by my work; I can't even go out on Sundays as I feel so tired and just sleep the day away..

How do I get out of this vicious cycle ?? 😭

The part where she compared being consistently lonely to smoking 15 cigarettes a day really got me.

Also, the pain in her voice and the quivering all throughout the talk just makes me feel for her even more.

@pandaswag and @sriguhan, have you guys ever considered looking into doing some volunteer work where you are?

1) It gets you out and about.

2) Gets you communicating with people more.

3) Helping others is rewarding in its own way.

4) Can build your confidence.

Bonus: It increases the chances of you creating bonds and relationships.

Might be something you could consider.

I have to agree with you ^.

Volunteering was what got me out of depression. It helped me find a sense of purpose in life. And I've made some wonderful friends because of it. Though it didn't cure my loneliness, it does make it a lot more bearable.

Sunless Sky said:
The part where she compared being consistently lonely to smoking 15 cigarettes a day really got me.

Also, the pain in her voice and the quivering all throughout the talk just makes me feel for her even more.

@pandaswag and @sriguhan, have you guys ever considered looking into doing some volunteer work where you are?

I would sooo love to do that...
But with my work schedule, it's hard to find time to do that.... 
That's why i intend to resign my job as soon as i am able to. I need some time for myself. 
I want to join the budding campaign here for planting saplings !  :D

I
Sunless Sky said:

Yeah I thought about it. My area doesn't really have anything I'm interested in. And I don't want to disingenuously volunteer for something. Cause I think they'd see right through that.

PandaSwag said:
I
Sunless Sky said:

Yeah I thought about it.  My area doesn't really have anything I'm interested in.  And I don't want to disingenuously volunteer for something.  Cause I think they'd see right through that.

Sometimes something is better than nothing. Even if you would be disingenuous, even if people will see right through you. Fact of the matter is you'd be helping someone or contributing to a worthwhile cause and that is worth a lot of beans if you ask me. 

Just throwing my two cents in there.

Latest posts

Back