Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sobering facts about loneliness_Eye opening in sad way
I
(11-04-2019, 09:44 PM)Sunless Sky Wrote: The part where she compared being consistently lonely to smoking 15 cigarettes a day really got me.

Also, the pain in her voice and the quivering all throughout the talk just makes me feel for her even more.

@pandaswag and @sriguhan, have you guys ever considered looking into doing some volunteer work where you are?

1) It gets you out and about.

2) Gets you communicating with people more.

3) Helping others is rewarding in its own way.

4) Can build your confidence.

Bonus: It increases the chances of you creating bonds and relationships.

Might be something you could consider.

Yeah I thought about it. My area doesn't really have anything I'm interested in. And I don't want to disingenuously volunteer for something. Cause I think they'd see right through that.
"You can't wake someone up who is just pretending to be asleep" --

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5280231]
(11-05-2019, 02:18 AM)PandaSwag Wrote: I
(11-04-2019, 09:44 PM)Sunless Sky Wrote: The part where she compared being consistently lonely to smoking 15 cigarettes a day really got me.

Also, the pain in her voice and the quivering all throughout the talk just makes me feel for her even more.

@pandaswag and @sriguhan, have you guys ever considered looking into doing some volunteer work where you are?

1) It gets you out and about.

2) Gets you communicating with people more.

3) Helping others is rewarding in its own way.

4) Can build your confidence.

Bonus: It increases the chances of you creating bonds and relationships.

Might be something you could consider.

Yeah I thought about it.  My area doesn't really have anything I'm interested in.  And I don't want to disingenuously volunteer for something.  Cause I think they'd see right through that.

Sometimes something is better than nothing. Even if you would be disingenuous, even if people will see right through you. Fact of the matter is you'd be helping someone or contributing to a worthwhile cause and that is worth a lot of beans if you ask me. 

Just throwing my two cents in there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Facebook account opening issues Tobakki3 6 291 11-05-2019, 03:54 AM
Last Post: Tobakki3
  Facing the facts Aberlee 20 4,768 02-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Lonesome Crow
  Found an interesting blog post "Some Counter-Intuitive Facts About Loneliness" DrawingCircleCircles 0 2,971 11-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Last Post: DrawingCircleCircles