Hello to all!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campfiregirl

Reaction score
I am newly divorced after 22 years of marriage.  I have been separated for over a year.  My son is away in college and I am now truly alone.  I really don't have any friends except work buddies.  I was doing ok until I tried to start dating.  I went on four dates so far.  None worked out.  After each date I was feeling more and more depressed and lonely.  I decided I need to find happiness being alone before I can start dating again.  So here I am.  Starting my journey of finding peace and happiness while being alone.

tenor.gif
Sorry about ur divorce.

Hi and welcome,

The dating scene can be tough and it can take a while to find someone you click with. Don't lose faith, you just have to keep trying. I should know, I've had some truly awful dates in the past!

All the best.

campfiregirl said:
I am newly divorced after 22 years of marriage.  I have been separated for over a year.  My son is away in college and I am now truly alone.  I really don't have any friends except work buddies.  I was doing ok until I tried to start dating.  I went on four dates so far.  None worked out.  After each date I was feeling more and more depressed and lonely.  I decided I need to find happiness being alone before I can start dating again.  So here I am.  Starting my journey of finding peace and happiness while being alone.

It's tough being on your own again, especially after 22 years.  Dating is tough.  My kids are still at home but their dad lives out of state so when they are with him for a few weeks in the summer and on holidays is when I feel it the most.  When the kids are there, you're busy and it's easier to stay occupied.  But when they're gone, it's like, what to do now?  It was a few years ago when they were gone for Thanksgiving break that I felt really lonely and decided to try online dating just to see what it was like.  Long story short, none of them worked out either.  And I realized that in online dating, pretty much everyone on there was there to find something (someone) for themselves, including myself.  And I realized that I didn't want to be someone that simply filled a void in someone else's lonely life.  About a year and a half ago I decided to give it up completely.  I was like you, trying to find peace and contentment in being single.  It's a place I never thought I would actually be - content.  I prayed about it a lot.  Each day through the pain and loneliness, I just kept praying and slowly, almost without my even realizing it, I did start finding contentment.  And now, while I would like to get married again one day, I am also okay on my own.

I think you are doing a very great and wise thing by going on this journey.  So many women jump right back into another relationship to complete them and make them happiness but ultimately if happiness is contingent on a relationship, then happiness will be fleeting depending on how well the relationship is going.  Keep going.  I don't know if you are a person of faith or not but I truly do believe prayer changes things.  It did for me.

To CamplightWOMAN:

Online "dating" served (me) a lot to understand who I am, who ppl were and to admit my needs weren't sexual but that of getting a real spiritual companionship. Online I saw If they were seeking a "friend" for money or for and emotional way they traveled the road of selfsabotage or discovering who they were in their acknowledged need...

If you have prayed enough, you probably find the person you need. He could be as spiritual as you are and don't be yoked to a cheater or Selfishness. We're so prone to be picky, that I wished I married a woman of 30 who weren't in odd economic needs, but scarce of affection, which presently is What I have to give (not expecting sex).

Online dating served me to meet my needs and I have found what I thought I needed -at safe distance.

Online misguided me when they lured me away from the way they really were but, once they showed who they were, in a close encounter, such a meeting evolved in the natural way we pick the ppl and the situations we all want to be in.

This place shows ppl's hearts. You'll see how touchy or picky we could be with our fusdiness but look at their HEARTS, the easiness YOU FIND at talking to them and the distance YOU'RE spared to travel (the closer, the better).

By 2015 I was near to marry an ex prostite (I don't mind I have loved her) but I was far from the sexual and economic needs she thought she had (and wanted achieved) and I'm happy I read the News she got the man she picked. She deserved the man who married her and marriage could be a blessing If we have found the ppl who fill in the emptiness we all have to WORK ON.

Enjoy yourself at traveling inside you while praying: You'll be found (there's a knelling cost to love and being loved). 😇

Although I don't like Paul (Shaul), please, don't be unequally yoked...

Once more: I see Muslims and other type of believers get close at praying or havin a talk.

Disbelievers get no reward 😞

Don't get disappointed at a SAFE distance, it's profilaxis you avoided all of them when you knew who they were.

I have loved and lived much better meeting ppl online than meeting them in a marketplace and, the last woman I met when shopping is like a Black widow. She was lovely (she is) but you don't need to change "to please" the conveniente or likes of other ppl: You could be ALL the person you really are!

Hi campfiregirl, welcome. I'm new here as well. 22 years is a long time, it must be hard to find back to being on your own again. I have some hilariously bad dating stories as well, if you ever want to feel better about yours.

Latest posts

Back